first ride of yr,lunch at iron skillet

white dragon

blake,amber (wife)& myself went for bike ride today.went into colingwood & blake lead us to...

20150416_130011_zpsrxokmipv.jpg

I know ...someones big finger in way

we then headed to wasaga bch...

20150416_134034_zpsb2g5k9og.jpg

no traffic yet,though some tourist stores were open

20150416_135941_zpszxwbebux.jpg

great to see the snow on ski hills still...

20150416_135944_zpsmeunn972.jpg

as usual blake knows every side road so its always a great ride

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he get a new bike? I thought it was blue last year. How was the iron skillet?

Mr. and Ms. White Dragon:

post-22473-0-60162400-1429231493_thumb.jpg

I heard on the radio that Blue Mountain was still going to have skiing this weekend.

There seemed to be some snow at Mount St. Louis - - certainly enough to run snowmobiles up and down the slopes, if only they'd allow it.

The Iron Skillet in Collingwood is not affiliated with the Iron Skillet that recently closed in Kearney. Even so, the food in Collingwood was very good.

Did he get a new bike? I thought it was blue last year. How was the iron skillet?

Unfortunately the blue 1984 Honda developed engine problems in November, so I sold it to a collector for five hundred bucks and replaced it with a more recent model.

The Collingwood Iron Skillet was excellent. (EDIT: And it is right on a snowmobile trail.) Terrific soups for lunch and a very wide international menu. Martin from Kearney needs to find himself a facility similar in size to the place in Collingwood....looks as though it would seat several dozen customers.

post-22473-0-32778500-1429236565_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately the blue 1984 Honda developed engine problems in November, so I sold it to a collector for five hundred bucks and replaced it with a more recent model.

The Collingwood Iron Skillet was excellent. Too bad it is not near any snowmobile trails. Terrific soups for lunch and a very wide international menu. Martin from Kearney needs to find himself a facility similar in size to the place in Collingwood....looks as though it would seat several dozen customers.

Blake G.... Actually the OFSC trail goes right to the Iron Skillet in Collingwood. Everyone goes to the gas station right across the street for fuel.... We go a couple of times each winter on the sled and at least once a month on the bike.

Well that is welcome news! Thank you for the correction!

I need to spend more time looking at the OFSC trail guide.

Roweboat70: Can you recommend any other good area eateries for hungry folks on motorbike or sled?

I went into a place called the Dam Pub in Thornbury two summers ago and really liked the food and the ride.

Mr. and Ms. White Dragon:

attachicon.gif20150416_133622.jpg

I heard on the radio that Blue Mountain was still going to have skiing this weekend.

There seemed to be some snow at Mount St. Louis - - certainly enough to run snowmobiles up and down the slopes, if only they'd allow it.

The Iron Skillet in Collingwood is not affiliated with the Iron Skillet that recently closed in Kearney. Even so, the food in Collingwood was very good.

If I recall correctly last year Blue Mt. had a ski and golf special in the late winter. Ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon.

They sure do their marketing early... you can buy a season pass for 2015/2016 adult any time online now for $749 for the season.

Well that is welcome news! Thank you for the correction!

I need to spend more time looking at the OFSC trail guide.

Roweboat70: Can you recommend any other good area eateries for hungry folks on motorbike or sled?

I went into a place called the Dam Pub in Thornbury two summers ago and really liked the food and the ride.

Try Mylar and Lorettas in Singhampton. The OFSC trail runs right through their parking lot. It's a little west of Stayner and there are some great routes to get their on a bike as well. Next time you're in Collingwood go up to the top of Blue (past Scenic Caves) there are some parking lots and lookout points with a great view. Blue also has Segway rentals up top which is also fun. If you go a short distance past Collingwood toward Craigleith there is the Alphorn on the north side of the hwy. I haven't been there in a couple of years but I do recall people lining up outside after a day of skiing to get in for the Schnitzel.

Great pics boys!!!! Looks like you had a good time, need to convince Mrs Nunz that we need a summer toy to ride....

Great pics boys!!!! Looks like you had a good time, need to convince Mrs Nunz that we need a summer toy to ride....

If you can convince her let me know how you did it so I can try the same sales pitch.

next best thing to sledding,i'm sure you can work your magic on her.then once you have bike in garage...you start on about boat...ride bike to boat dock,then off for dinner on water.end day with sunset cruze back on bike...it should be ez to convince her,make sure you negotiate over bottle or 2 of wine.

ps...have pics of boat & bike you've picked out

If you can convince her let me know how you did it so I can try the same sales pitch.

$$$ you have gary...I see touring Harley with all the trimmings...have funny feeling blake & I will see you sometime this summer

blake...nice pic of wife & i...thx

next best thing to sledding,i'm sure you can work your magic on her.then once you have bike in garage...you start on about boat...ride bike to boat dock,then off for dinner on water.end day with sunset cruze back on bike...it should be ez to convince her,make sure you negotiate over bottle or 2 of wine.

ps...have pics of boat & bike you've picked out$$$ you have gary...I see touring Harley with all the trimmings...have funny feeling blake & I will see you sometime this summer

Actually the bike I want is in my brothers garage. It's a very old "classic" but loved it the few times I rode it. 1978 six cyl. Honda CBX 1000 Super Sport. Back then it was the fastest production bike they made. It is spotless and has about 15,000 on it.

79cbx1000.jpeg

Actually the bike I want is in my brothers garage. It's a very old "classic" but loved it the few times I rode it. 1978 six cyl. Honda CBX 1000 Super Sport. Back then it was the fastest production bike they made. It is spotless and has about 15,000 on it.

79cbx1000.jpeg

back in the day,i had a 1972 h2 750 2 stroke kawa.hung out in Oshawa abit,at mc d use to see guy with one of those bikes with 6 into 1 header.guy had arms like the hulk,never approached him....so when you picking it up,credit must be good with bro ?

back in the day,i had a 1972 h2 750 2 stroke kawa.hung out in Oshawa abit,at mc d use to see guy with one of those bikes with 6 into 1 header.guy had arms like the hulk,never approached him....so when you picking it up,credit must be good with bro ?

My biggest challenge is my wife. She used to have a Suzuki of her own at one time but her brother was killed in a motorcycle accident at 19. She seems to getting ever so slightly more agreeable to me having one.

Back in the day I had a 73 Honda CB550 four. It was my first bike at 16 and wanted a 750 but then winter hit and walking again sucked. My priority then became getting a car. Worked my butt off that winter stocking shelves at Dominion and put away enough to buy a 74 Mercury Comet

honda-cb550k-4into1.com.jpg

ps...have pics of boat & bike you've picked out$$$ you have gary...I see touring Harley with all the trimmings...have funny feeling blake & I will see you sometime this summer

You've been down that road, I see ....  :P

79cbx1000.jpeg

Are those CBX's just to die for ..... Love 'em, they're rare like pope's poop ..... only ever seen one up close.  Your brothers' (if that's a pic of it) is pretty mint !

We had quite a few older Honda's, CM200T, coupla 450 Nighthawks, my XL185, my favorite, a VT500 Ascot, then got into a Yam 650 after the VT got scrapped, then the GPz750.  I beat the living snot out of that bike, rebuilt the top end before it was due for oil changes .... I rode down to North Bay one Saturday morning from Kirkland Lake, and changed out 4 pistons on the sidewalk in less time than the guys were doing it in the shop there .... shop owner was ready to offer me a job ... 

When I finally got my licenses back in '98 (too many no insurance & drive under suspension charges) I didn't renew the M's.  I might pick up a little enduro or small cruiser, never a sport bike again.

His is the same silver but it's not a pic of his. It is kept covered in a sheet, polished and maintained regularly. It is spotless. It was his since new in 78. He was the wild one in the family. I remember doing 70 mph up the 400 one day and he pulled up beside me. He twisted the throttle, the front end popped up in the air and he was gone. Smooth as silk as well.  

A lot less expensive than buying two new snowmobiles every year.

You've been down that road, I see ....  :P

Are those CBX's just to die for ..... Love 'em, they're rare like pope's poop ..... only ever seen one up close.  Your brothers' (if that's a pic of it) is pretty mint !

We had quite a few older Honda's, CM200T, coupla 450 Nighthawks, my XL185, my favorite, a VT500 Ascot, then got into a Yam 650 after the VT got scrapped, then the GPz750.  I beat the living snot out of that bike, rebuilt the top end before it was due for oil changes .... I rode down to North Bay one Saturday morning from Kirkland Lake, and changed out 4 pistons on the sidewalk in less time than the guys were doing it in the shop there .... shop owner was ready to offer me a job ... 

When I finally got my licenses back in '98 (too many no insurance & drive under suspension charges) I didn't renew the M's.  I might pick up a little enduro or small cruiser, never a sport bike again.

I believe you did the 4 piston change,never heard a mech dumb it down enuff to really understand a problem like you did (when I asked about 800 etec cold start)& it made perfect sense...most mech couldn't or wouldn't be able to do that in French or English...you are old school in the best way

I don't see any trail passes on those bikes .....   :poke2:

I had my baby out today!

med_gallery_19964_85_113625.jpg

A sharp looking machine!

Try Mylar and Lorettas in Singhampton. The OFSC trail runs right through their parking lot. It's a little west of Stayner and there are some great routes to get their on a bike as well.

Thanks for the tip. I took your advice and tried Mylar and Loreta's today.

post-22473-0-01340300-1429390708_thumb.jpg

Nice relaxed atmosphere with plenty of seating. I can see why it is popular with sledders, bikers, vintage car groups, etc.

post-22473-0-06584000-1429390723_thumb.jpg

The "pulled pork Shepherd's Pie" was one of today's lunch specials. Delicious. And for what it's worth, the garlic bread and soup were great too.

post-22473-0-19531300-1429390746_thumb.jpg

On the way out of Singhampton I stopped at a roadside stand and bought three litres of maple syrup. Good and good for ya.

Thanks for the tip. I took your advice and tried Mylar and Loreta's today.

attachicon.gif20150418_121545.jpg

Nice relaxed atmosphere with plenty of seating. I can see why it is popular with sledders, bikers, vintage car groups, etc.

attachicon.gif20150418_123735.jpg

The "pulled pork Shepherd's Pie" was one of today's lunch specials. Delicious. And for what it's worth, the garlic bread and soup were great too.

attachicon.gif20150418_123836.jpg

On the way out of Singhampton I stopped at a roadside stand and bought three litres of maple syrup. Good and good for ya.

Must have been from the Menonites at the corner I'll bet. We were there for lunch two weeks ago and bought a couple of jugs while my wife visited their horses hitched to the wagon.

Archived