02Sled

post-21351-0-31382500-1429038174_thumb.jpg

Baxter Snow Riders Annual General Meeting
Saturday April 25th
10:00 AM

Baxter Ward Community Centre
279 Honey Harbour Rd,
Port Severn, ON L0K 1S0

We would like to invite you to attend the Annual General Meeting of the Baxter Snow Riders. This is your club and your insight, your comments and input are part of what make our club successful. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support during the past season.

Without the support of our members, those who purchase trail permits and designate Baxter Snow Riders as their club of choice, we wouldn't be able to celebrate the successes that we have and will continue to have.

Join us for the upcoming AGM. Assist you club in planning and navigating the future of snowmobiling in our area.

We look forward to seeing you there. Please feel free to invite anyone else with an interest in snowmobiling in the area.

Exit 156 off Hwy 400 and west on Honey Harbour Rd. The community centre is on the south side of the road as you come to the first bend.

We have a great group, hoping to make it greater......

We usually see our core group of volunteers 15 or so. We see new faces each year but the numbers are sporadic. Our Membership for this season was 600 permits, out of that we have 15 core and around 25 sporadic volunteers.

I suspect we arent much different to many clubs in the province with a low volunteer numbers.

We work hard with our newsletter encouraging new people to partake in club events as well as helping the club. We do see many new faces but they tend to be sporadic.

Thanks Paul.

We will likely have less than 10 attend and they will likely be exclusively the existing Directors standing for re-election.

We have 1,400 people who regularly follow our Facebook posts and we email over 1,300 Permit holders, Try Our Trails Permit holders and others so it is a bit discouraging as it is not for a lack of communications.

Sometimes I think people think everything is running perfectly, I don't need to get involved.

Little do they know how very few people are working way too hard to keep it going.

Thanks Paul.

We will likely have less than 10 attend and they will likely be exclusively the existing Directors standing for re-election.

We have 1,400 people who regularly follow our Facebook posts and we email over 1,300 Permit holders, Try Our Trails Permit holders and others so it is a bit discouraging as it is not for a lack of communications.

Sometimes I think people think everything is running perfectly, I don't need to get involved.

Little do they know how very few people are working way too hard to keep it going.

You have mentioned your attendance numbers before. I really find this discouraging and wonder how you make everything come together. With your population and the snow you get the volunteers should be filling the room.

You have mentioned your attendance numbers before. I really find this discouraging and wonder how you make everything come together. With your population and the snow you get the volunteers should be filling the room.

There are a huge number of people who ride the trails that honestly believe their permit pays for everything to be done without any concept of the volunteer hours done in the background. We have email distribution to close to 500 unique email addresses and they are all valid. We sent out an email looking for Trail Patrol volunteers. We got one response from a gentlman who had been heavily involved with another club in the past before moving to our area.

This is just typical though. Any volunteer organization is 10% or less of the people do 90+ or more of the work.

There are a huge number of people who ride the trails that honestly believe their permit pays for everything to be done without any concept of the volunteer hours done in the background. We have email distribution to close to 500 unique email addresses and they are all valid. We sent out an email looking for Trail Patrol volunteers. We got one response from a gentlman who had been heavily involved with another club in the past before moving to our area.

This is just typical though. Any volunteer organization is 10% or less of the people do 90+ or more of the work.

Yup can vouch for that personally. Use to get people in the room at the start of the season, especially to get their permit but then the numbers really dropped off. In this area when the snow conditions can be so unpredictable so I get it, but man, where the snow is and always has been, well the people should give back to the sport. Just my .02   02.

Thanks Paul.

Just a follow up from our attendance for agm. We had 20 people at the meeting which included our Officers of the corporation.

We have one newbie who joined the club 2 years ago take a directors position and one newby from this season who also took a directors role (Past President from a club which he has left to to a move).

We also had a new face yesterday who showed up wanting to get involved showing interest in Trail Patrol and Grooming....

Overall a very positive meeting with new blood insight....

and thankfully the die hard energizer bunny old blood with their knowledge and experience hanging in as well

and thankfully the die hard energizer bunny old blood with their knowledge and experience hanging in as well

Piss and vinegar buddy.....

In our case that formula would be 1%.

Archived