OC ride in kap march 26-29

white dragon

left Orillia at 7:30 on thurs morning with bill,carter & lily.i slept half way so was a decent ride up.took bill's new truck,front seats like lazy boy chair..cochrane was alittle cool when we arrived,still winter up there

about to start our ride,

20150326_141635_zps7dsgo0rf.jpg

trails were sweet right from the start

our first stop,checking to see if my sticker made it another yr

20150326_145500_zpsxuu8t1kf.jpg

bill tellin lily that the brake is most important & carter sayin throttle is more important

20150326_153140_zpscsxmvvzi.jpg

the fresh snow made it perfect & worth the 6 hr ride

20150326_153146_zpsdu0xwads.jpg

we made it to moonbeam clubhouse,lily told ladies her hands were cold.they went to work to warm her hands right away.in return lily helped the ladies clean the kitchen up...what agreat place that is

20150326_161702_zpsqqfqnvuw.jpg

we had the run of the place on thurs,lily donated $ 10 & is now a member of moonbeam club with her name on the board

20150326_161919_zpsvj1mydpa.jpg

we carried on to the super 8 in kap...guess who was first in the pool.we we arrived the water was off due to watermain break down road...it was on later that nite...luckly

20150326_184455_zpsbisbugup.jpg

the pool has a great slide & was about 85...kept kids busy when we were at hotel the entire time..

next day on our ride we went back thru moonbeam

20150327_115638_zpsj1zchzbi.jpg

trail around clubhouse

20150327_115621_zpszqcbyicq.jpg

20150327_115608_zps1zesyuf5.jpg

lily having one of many chocolate bars on trail

20150327_133848_zpsrkhydamn.jpg

the trails were in great shape in all direction,bill tellin a story to the boys

20150327_133923_zps0uqb65yn.jpg

nice straight away

20150327_133910_zpsrqt8emw5.jpg

lily pretended to be a deer

20150327_135136_zpsajupzvj3.jpg

spotted a local groomer

20150327_144214_zpsvfy7jam3.jpg

we ran into some groomed trails with 6" of fresh powder & no tracks

20150327_150727_zpsl4ya9vs7.jpg

lily doing some recon further up trail to make sure its not some kind of sledder trap

20150327_150834_zpsxvgactst.jpg

giving us the ok

20150327_150849_zpsv04q5atp.jpg

lily explaining how things should go

20150327_150753_zps4jsn4qqc.jpg

couple of shots of team Hopkins by lily

20150327_154840_zpsk6wuqrjb.jpg

20150327_154848_zps1cegyn5g.jpg

next day we headed out

20150328_105846_zpsodwirn7w.jpg

again trail were great

20150328_105927_zpsqztfx3sp.jpg

shot of group

20150328_105933_zpslmdoqcor.jpg

think this shot is where we told kids -no... & they fainted out of disbelieve

some pics around hearst

20150328_151032_zpsrfznsjwl.jpg

20150328_151049_zps3l7ws3cs.jpg

20150328_151056_zpscs3jfil9.jpg

stopped here for bit across from lake...peaceful until piped sled came across lake...braaap

20150328_151102_zpsgzqx4iny.jpg

couple shots on way home

20150329_105141_zps48wovwmc.jpg

20150329_105149_zpsg9ertrra.jpg

the super 8 was great to us,front desk ladies let lily run the place.cleaning ladies went way beyond their duty cleanin & organizing our room while we were out sledding.pool & hot tub were in perfect order,hot breaky every morning was sweet.little bar set up at nite.will return there for sure

was great to ride with sledjunk,apexman & of7...we met denis,his wife & kids on sat nite in meeting room for drinks.even though denis kids speak only French & lily only English...they played without barriers...very nice to meet you all.our sled ride to Cochrane on way home was too short & truck ride too long,but all worth it.carter is a great kid & took lily under his wing without a problem....apexman has a eyewatering story about keepin up & ridin like carter...had a great last ride

Glenn & Bill

Nice report and looks like a great trip to end the winter season, trails looked perfect up that way still

Makes me want to go for a ride ,

Thanks for sharing the pics and storys too.

Greg

Loved your report. So great to see kids out! Hope Lily enjoyed herself....I'm sure she made the day for the ladies at the Moonbeam Clubhouse. Did she sign the guestbook too?

Did she inspect the L141 trail far enough to see the antennas?  (Installed by Johns Hopkins University for studying the Northern Lights....but we told our grand-nephew that the antennas actually generated the lights. LOL)

post-23640-0-97161300-1427739581_thumb.jpg

Loved your report. So great to see kids out! Hope Lily enjoyed herself....I'm sure she made the day for the ladies at the Moonbeam Clubhouse. Did she sign the guestbook too?

I did sign us in,lily loved it at the clubhouse,became a local in 2 visits.you guys must be proud of that place....amazing gem...thx to all the club members

Thanks for the pictures and stories WD!

tip - if you're in and around Bewdley next year, Lily should not do the deer impression - or so I have heard from a few local folk...

Nice pics. Looked like you had a great time. I'm jealous.

Great report and pics WD....thanks for sharing!!

A priceless weekend. Great combination of photography and prose, as usual.

Lily's starting to take over. How long until she'll be wanting her own Polaris??

Glenn great report as usual. Should have been there but there's always next season.

Looks like Carter and Lily had a great time. Noticed Carter was driving the 800 to keep up with the big boys up in the Nord.

Have a great summer. Will be in touch.

It was great meeting you & Lily .... what a sweetie she is !  Great fun watching the 2 girls play together .... incredible how 2 kids that don't speak the same language can have fun all the same .... SJ & apeXman were as amazed as us !  Carter & his dad are pretty cool too, he's a pretty sharp kid, very pleasant & respectful, able to have fun with adults and kids alike.  Special in this day and age !

Too bad we couldn't ride together, almost did, but I don't think we could keep up on Sunday.  Glad you all made it home safe and had a good trip

To be continued next year !!!

Great report buddy.. So wish we could have made it.. Chat soon !!!

My daughter was so sad that Lily was leaving without snowmobiling with her.  She was looking forward to play with Lily at the clubhouse. Hope to see you and Lily next year Marie-Josee will be so happy to meet her again and maybe she will know english a little bit more !!!

Nice pics. Looked like you had a great time. I'm jealous.

X2

My daughter was so sad that Lily was leaving without snowmobiling with her.  She was looking forward to play with Lily at the clubhouse. Hope to see you and Lily next year Marie-Josee will be so happy to meet her again and maybe she will know english a little bit more !!!

Nice to meet you and the kids!  It was a nice ride we had on Sunday and maybe we will be able to ride again in a couple of weeks.

Great report and terrific pix. Thanks for posting !

X2 thanks WD

How many KMs did you ride on your new sled this season?

Nice to meet you and the kids!  It was a nice ride we had on Sunday and maybe we will be able to ride again in a couple of weeks.

I hope to ride with you guys again in a couple of weeks try to bring Dean, Sean, Glen and Lily too !!

ya,lily wasn't happy we were heading out early,when we drove by clubhouse lily kept lookin back as to say "hey u missed it"... lily will try to learn some French for our next visit

How many KMs did you ride on your new sled this season?

3199 miles of  joy

ya,lily wasn't happy we were heading out early,when we drove by clubhouse lily kept lookin back as to say "hey u missed it"... lily will try to learn some French for our next visit

3199 miles of  joy

cool she's so adorable !!

It was a great few days with wonderful company. 

3199 miles of  joy

Looks like you had a good trip up there. Nice pics!

If your daughter does that she'll be WAYYY ahead of my buddy.

Several years ago we stopped for lunch in D'ville, the menu was completely in French as was the blackboard w/ additions. I glanced @ the menu & set it back on the table. My buddy looked like someone had run over his dog (he wasn't going to be able to order lunch). He asked me what I was having I pointed & said a cheeseburger & onion rings. I also told him the special was a ham & cheese sandwich w/ fries. He asked me how I knew that? I said that the special board listed "jambon et fromage avec frites" & laughed. He was puzzled since I didn 't speak French, I just shrugged.

Archived