A 1 minute video of that 12 lake run we did on the weekend north of Sault Ste. Marie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH9dpSSEjAQ&feature=youtu.be

Awesome run!

Nice video. Looks  as though the snow may last for a while up there.

The Sault Trailblazers Clubhouse webcam at noon today.  

post-22452-0-92414500-1427301722_thumb.jpg

M-10?

xTra 10

3" lift kit on the back of skid.  Re-drilled the front tunnel holes 2 1/2" down for front of skid mountings, then cranked up front springs.  

Hey Dan :

Isn't there too much ski pressure with the back jacked up like that?

Hi Mextra, I lowered the front of the skid as well (by 2 1/2"), by drilling new holes.  This closely matches the back of the skid change of which is 3".  A bit more pressure on the skis, but still a decent bite into the corners and coincidentally, a much better ride, even though the xTrax 10 rear travel has not changed.

I am now in the works of doing the same modification to my XC 440 and XC 700.  Burton Welding and Machining made me the brackets including bushings for $50.

• 4 weeks later...

Fred, an ATV rider from Sault Ste. Marie, posted this photo on Facebook tonight.  There's still snow north of Searchmont.

post-22452-0-94422900-1429580437_thumb.jpg

My colleague from work was heading for a sled ride and some ice fishing this afternoon north of the Sault. Looks like he should be in good shape for some spring riding. Still close to 3' of snow north of Sault, in the mountains.

post-22452-0-08879600-1429732352_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the uplifting news. Always great to hear that folks are riding at the end of April. I have a feeling that many of us will retire to 'real' snowmobile country :-P

Something else in your area this week ---

Sault Ste. Marie plays the Erie Otters in the OHL Western Conference Finals.

What's interesting is:

i) SAULT STE MARIE IS IN THE EASTERN FINALS! (no surprise, since they won the division):

ii) the competition, ERIE, has consensus #1 NHL draft pick Connor McDavid and OHL's leading scorer, Dylan Strome.

It'll be great hockey - wish we could watch it at the arena.

The Schedule:

Game 1, Thurs., April 23  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07
Game 2, Fri., April 24  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07
Game 3, Sun., April 26  Sault Ste. Marie at Erie, 7:00
Game 4, Tues., April 28  Sault Ste. Marie at Erie, 7:00
Game 5, Thurs., April 30  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07*
Game 6, Sat., May 2  Sault Ste. Marie at Erie, 7:00*
Game 7, Mon., May 4  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07*

Go Greyhounds!

(so much easier to say than "Go Habs" lol )

Thanks for the uplifting news. Always great to hear that folks are riding at the end of April. I have a feeling that many of us will retire to 'real' snowmobile country :-P

Something else in your area this week ---

Sault Ste. Marie plays the Erie Otters in the OHL Western Conference Finals.

What's interesting is:

i) SAULT STE MARIE IS IN THE EASTERN FINALS! (no surprise, since they won the division):

ii) the competition, ERIE, has consensus #1 NHL draft pick Connor McDavid and OHL's leading scorer, Dylan Strome.

It'll be great hockey - wish we could watch it at the arena.

The Schedule:

Game 1, Thurs., April 23  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07

Game 2, Fri., April 24  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07

Game 3, Sun., April 26  Sault Ste. Marie at Erie, 7:00

Game 4, Tues., April 28  Sault Ste. Marie at Erie, 7:00

Game 5, Thurs., April 30  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07*

Game 6, Sat., May 2  Sault Ste. Marie at Erie, 7:00*

Game 7, Mon., May 4  Erie at Sault Ste. Marie, 7:07*

Go Greyhounds!

(so much easier to say than "Go Habs" lol )

Sportsnet 360   channel 410 on Bell Expressvu had the game last night as well as tomorrow night. McDavids first goal was really nice. Real good hockey for sure.

Sportsnet 360   channel 410 on Bell Expressvu had the game last night as well as tomorrow night. McDavids first goal was really nice. Real good hockey for sure.

Connor is among the best of the young players to come out in the last 10 years.  The Oilers are gonna wind up with another great young kid !

Connor is among the best of the young players to come out in the last 10 years.  The Oilers are gonna wind up with another great young kid !

The Oilers will wreck another top pick!

The Oilers will wreck another top pick!

You're right seems they don't know what to do with them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BUT it's better than being a leaf.

You're right seems they don't know what to do with them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BUT it's better than being a leaf.

The leaf would have traded the 1st round away in past management. We will see what Shanahan will do. I won't hold my breath!

I look forward to seeing tonight's game on TV. 

The background story on McDavid going to Edmonton is bizzare.

McDavid is close to Erie Otters owner Bassin. Bassin allegedly borrowed money from  Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz (otherwise known as "give me a subsidized stadium or I'll move the Oilers to Seattle" Katz). 

Edmonton Oilers have basically sued Erie Otters. McDavid has played for Erie during this lawsuit and likely heard choice words about Katz. Young kid, impressionable. Now Katz will be his 'boss' in Edmonton (or Seattle, which today announced a 'model' for new stadium).  The NHL is not happy with Katz (see Seattle b.s. above). The NHL is not happy about McDavid being drafted by Edmonton. 

Good kid. But somehow this is turning into Gretzky-Pocklington-Skalbania (??? say the youngsters :-P)

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/13/edmonton-oilers-sue-erie-otters-owner-for-45-million

Love the sled too!!!

X2! I had a 1994 xcr 440. It was white mostly, with some red and black. Put 12500 miles on it, no issues.

I look forward to seeing tonight's game on TV. 

The background story on McDavid going to Edmonton is bizzare.

McDavid is close to Erie Otters owner Bassin. Bassin allegedly borrowed money from  Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz (otherwise known as "give me a subsidized stadium or I'll move the Oilers to Seattle" Katz). 

Edmonton Oilers have basically sued Erie Otters. McDavid has played for Erie during this lawsuit and likely heard choice words about Katz. Young kid, impressionable. Now Katz will be his 'boss' in Edmonton (or Seattle, which today announced a 'model' for new stadium).  The NHL is not happy with Katz (see Seattle b.s. above). The NHL is not happy about McDavid being drafted by Edmonton. 

Good kid. But somehow this is turning into Gretzky-Pocklington-Skalbania (??? say the youngsters :-P)

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/13/edmonton-oilers-sue-erie-otters-owner-for-45-million

You could tell when Nurse had the puck, the crowd was really quite loud. And not a nice loud.  Gonna be real interesting to see if the Hounds can win the series.

Archived