Jakes in Port Loring

mextra

Hey all

What's happening at Jakes restaurant? We were there last weekend and they were closed and there is a for sale sign in the window.

That's sad news.. I checked their website and it's for sale.. I love that place!!!!!

Jake's Place Restaurant is For Sale.

Below are some pictures and basic information about Jake's Restaurant.

Please contact Jake or Donna Weller at 705-757-2012 for more details.

http://www.jakesrestaurant.ca/index.php/for-sale/

Just heard on the news that the hosptality business is suffering big time. I guess it is all service business in general

Jakes has been for sale for a while,spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he figured it would take some time to sell and he would be there until it sold. They have been closing at 3 pm and Roxies is open for dinner. 

Jakes has been for sale for a while,spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he figured it would take some time to sell and he would be there until it sold. They have been closing at 3 pm and Roxies is open for dinner.

We ate @ Roxie's during our RAN tour in 2014.  :right_on:

I was gonna say the same as others have said. Jakes has been for sale forever it seems.

just waiting on the right person to buy I guess.

I was surprised by the closing at 3 though.

you think with it being sled season, they would stay open to catch as many people as they can.

we showed up at 3.45 on Saturday, unaware they closed at 3. they stayed open for us, which was great.

deep fryer was running but grill wasn't, so selection was limited.

would've probably spent more if it was actually running.

oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Jake's and Roxie's have both been for sale for a long time.  I understand the motel (Northland?) behind Roxie's is also for sale.  Gotta wonder whether there's sufficient year-round business to service the debt or investment on buying one of these.  That said, they are all great stops.  The motel is great value, very clean, with a cool vintage vibe in the rooms; and comfortable with a  new heating system.  I don't know why more people don't use this as a stopover on a RAN tour, 'cuz everything's handy in Port Loring: Accommodations, Food, Gas, and LCBO.

We did it a couple years ago and the only glitch was wanting to get an early start.  Jake's doesn't open too early for breakfast.  At dinner at Roxie's they offered to make breakfast sandwiches to nuke in our rooms.  Problem solved.  

Yes, Jake's and Roxie's have both been for sale for a long time.  I understand the motel (Northland?) behind Roxie's is also for sale.  Gotta wonder whether there's sufficient year-round business to service the debt or investment on buying one of these.  That said, they are all great stops.  The motel is great value, very clean, with a cool vintage vibe in the rooms; and comfortable with a  new heating system.  I don't know why more people don't use this as a stopover on a RAN tour, 'cuz everything's handy in Port Loring: Accommodations, Food, Gas, and LCBO.

We did it a couple years ago and the only glitch was wanting to get an early start.  Jake's doesn't open too early for breakfast.  At dinner at Roxie's they offered to make breakfast sandwiches to nuke in our rooms.  Problem solved.  

ssshhh. keep it quiet. don't want the general masses finding out about my secret paradise that is the port loring area and the argyle riders trails.

If there is no news in Point au Baril by 9 AM then they start some.

Leave P.A.B. alone just because the family tree looks like the railway (no branches) is no reason to pick on them 

The police check crime scene DNA and identify the perpetrator as a blood relative of John Doe... damn that covers everyone in town.

• 2 years later...

Archived