Accommodations In New Liskeard

RAMSOMAIR

Hey Ramsomair, where are you riding to and for how long.  Me and one other guy might ride from New Liskeard to Kapuskasing and then on to Dubreilleville for some epic touring.

Yeah stayed at HI Express, but it's at the highway with nothing around it.  I booked at the Waterfront Hotel a couple weekends ago, but we changed our route and cancelled.  Rooms/dingimg/good bar.

There are three hotels in the same area including the Holiday Inn Express.  There is Gillie's Truck Stop restaurant across from the Husky gas bar and a few other restaurants also in the same area, not sure if the Green Tomato is still open.  The sled trail A107Q/L193 is accessed behind Gillie's.  Check the OFSC trail map as the A107Q stops at the highway/ hotels instead of heading east overland to Quebec.  Access to Quebec is across the lake and up the blanche river (new A107Q).

We have stayed at the Quality Inn and the Water Front Inn. Both places are A+. Quality Inn has pool, and great restaurant across Hwy.11, called the Green Tomato. The Waterfront Inn has great rooms, and the great Rooster's Bar and Grill. I recommend both places..

the truck stop has great food.

Zanties (I think) is fantastic, 2 min walk from the hotel, on top of the hill between the huskey and wall mart.

Huskey has good food as well, gilles is better thou

Hey RAMSOMAIR, I am booking at the Econolodge on Sunday in Liskeard, then riding to Kap and staying at the Appollo, then on Dub, then Wawa, back to Liskeard and booked for Friday night March 20

Riding through Kap, Hearst, Hornepayne, Dub, Wawa   

Just putting it out there if you want to join.

Don't know the others, but last April after a fresh foot of snow fell, stayed at Waterfront right on the trail, can park sleds in front of your rooms, lots of room for parking trailer, and Roosters had(hopefully still) some pretty waitresses. 

I've stayed in both Quality Inn and Econo Lodge both okay. Gillies food is okay the ambience makes it. Stay in Englehart across from the big stack the rooms are not great clean though and their restaurant is great.

Best part about the quality inn is the pool and hot tub.

The pool and hot tub are also the town pool and hot tub so lots of local eye candy.

I will admit some of them should never be in public in a bathing suit but some are beautiful in one.

Best part about the quality inn is the pool and hot tub.

The pool and hot tub are also the town pool and hot tub so lots of local eye candy.

I will admit some of them should never be in public in a bathing suit but some are beautiful in one.

You're thinking the Waterfront Inn has the community pool.

You're thinking the Waterfront Inn has the community pool.

The Quality in does as well.

Trust me I stay there enough for work.

The Quality in does as well.

Trust me I stay there enough for work.

OK, I didn't doubt they had a pool but I didn't know it was also used as a community pool.

OK, I didn't doubt they had a pool but I didn't know it was also used as a community pool.

the locals can buy a yearly pass for $300 or something like that.

Unlimited use of the facilities

Archived