March 11, 2015 Ice conditions - Lks Muskoka, Rosseau, Joe?

Blake G

For what it's worth, my family policy has always been to try and avoid anywhere south of the black line on this map. Not saying there's never any good ice in certain places, but we just avoid that whole part of the lake.attachicon.gifkettles.jpg

Most of my sledding is south of your line..lol

And someone's a Facebook friend with Lisa ..lol

Sounds like it's time for me to meet some folks familiar with the East Bay part of the lake !

rippintheyammi told me about the trail leading from East Bay into the Walker's Point Community Centre. That trail is right beside my family's property, but I've never sledded it. I looked at the trail from the Walker's Point Road today, and can't believe I never noticed the tracks before this. You could sled from East Bay across land to the old New Ark Marina in no time.

Most of my sledding is south of your line..lol

You mean the Earth is not flat?? LOL

I need to get out more.

Scooted up part of Lake Rosseau from Sucker Bay (trail 340 / 330) to the Village of Rosseau and back today. Conditions were great. The drifts have melted away, the slush is gone for now, and the hard flat ice is covered in an inch of new snow.

Yeah the community Center trail is a huge short cut..you can make Boston pizza to Bass Lake very quickly when conditions are right..up through Mortimers..lil road..then lake Joe ..

Helps that my cottage is in your x no go line..lol

I know how to get off Muskoka at North Bay onto Mortimer's Point Road then Eveleigh Road to Trail C102D. I'd like to know how to proceed further north on Eveleigh and make my way to Lake Joe. That's another lake where I have had a no go line based on lack of knowledge. So far, I've never gone south of Cumberland Bay toward Port Sandfield.

What are ya doing tomorrow? LOL

must be some current out there someone found a way to go swimming in lake joe today they are ok though 

Glad to hear they are o.k. Did you hear any details about the location of the dunking?

I know how to get off Muskoka at North Bay onto Mortimer's Point Road then Eveleigh Road to Trail C102D. I'd like to know how to proceed further north on Eveleigh and make my way to Lake Joe. That's another lake where I have had a no go line based on lack of knowledge. So far, I've never gone south of Cumberland Bay toward Port Sandfield.

Need some snow on the roads for that one...next year Blake ...but your close..you just have to keep going and not get on the c102d

Must have been at a bubbler.

Archived