best ride of yr

white dragon

met bill & fire242 on lk cooch just after 8 on wed morning,we rode up to gravenhurst to meet blake.from gh blake took us up lk muskoka & lake joseph.jumped couple roads & on to C

20150304_102907_zpsqtwvu4ab.jpg

C trail was groomed with no tracks

20150304_102923%20-%20Copy_zpsklttphac.j

once on C we headed over to meet willbill at his business,great guy.made some call for trail grooming update & informed us about 400 series trail closure...thx bill

this is at C & 401,we talked to couple of groups here

20150304_121443%20-%20Copy_zpscjval215.j

the c was groomed all the way up

20150304_134815%20-%20Copy_zpst9vkfi5p.j

guys

checkin for next gas stop

20150304_134826_zpsn9gg3hz3.jpg

had to back off trail to let groomer pass heading south

20150304_134830_zpsuoh4kd8l.jpg

20150304_134947_zpsgqw7muff.jpg

rode C up to pickerel river & french river,amazing bridges.we stopped for food at French river inn.place was dated but food was ok.continued up C to c108d to d111 where we stayed at moonlite inn.place had decent rooms & helpful staff.

next morning was cold so we didn't leave till 10

20150305_100305_zpsy2s6x6ge.jpg

on our way to north bay we wanted to do the wolf loop,checkin map

20150305_103451_zpsq4hxadmx.jpg

went up wanapitei lk to pick up trail c206d.was nice wide trail

20150305_114127_zpss7qtxdxe.jpg

went to lookout just off loop

20150305_125708_zpsazstesno.jpg

the c\d to d to a\d was all great,stayed at best western & ate at the in house bar.food was great...early nite

next morning was cold again but on the trail by 8:15,took the ssr710 to ssr700.all were freshly groomed....wow..took it down to D,again great shape all the way

20150306_092037_zpsd33bvccx.jpg

in Kearney we filled up & ate at the iron skillet,great lunch of course

20150306_114014_zpsf6vkis59.jpg

shot over to 80 series trail that were again...mint

20150306_130343_zpsnup3dypc.jpg

20150306_130347_zpsx1f8mcma.jpg

tryin some selfies

20150306_130408_zpsmxabrxsf.jpg

D was in great shape,then took lk muskoka to gravenhurst.before we knew it we were at top of cooch again.said our good byes & split home

never hit a ruff trail unless it was between lakes,the whole ride was on freshly groomed trails,hats off to all the clubs.

Nice report WD. That look out view is incredible

Nice pics Glenn enjoyed the pics of the trails

I think we had our last weekend of riding here in Ohio going to warm up next week.

Enjoy them trails while you can

Greg

Excellent report WD - other folks should follow White Dragon's example in the selfie and start "rolllng your own" - (at least that's what it looks like) - money saved goes to gas. :drool2:

Glad to see you gentlemen had a safe journey. That sounds like a really good loop, and right from your house. Smooth.

Nice report WD.  Looks like you guys hit awesome trails.  That is a nice loop.   Only 1 complaint.  Where the heck is the pic of those bridges??  LOL

Let's hope this mild spell holds off.  Love the selfie too.

Great pics buddy!!!

Barberch and I are starting a similar run next week.  

We're leaving from Parry Sound, and running up the C to Sudbury.  (Gotta do the bridges!!)

Staying at the Moonlight for a couple of nights and running the Wolf, Cartier and/or the Chiniguchi Loops, then heading back down to PS.

Not sure if it'll be our "End of Year" trip or not, so we're gonna make the best of it!!

Excellent report WD - other folks should follow White Dragon's example in the selfie and start "rolllng your own" - (at least that's what it looks like) - money saved goes to gas. :drool2:

well I was at a look-out,seemed like the right thing to do

Nice report WD.  Looks like you guys hit awesome trails.  That is a nice loop.   Only 1 complaint.  Where the heck is the pic of those bridges??  LOL

Let's hope this mild spell holds off.  Love the selfie too.

afraid of heights,when bill stopped in middle of bridge I really had to play it cool.even when bill kept sayin "wow feel this bridge swing "...

seen a couple moose on trail just before Kearney...always cool

bill had to ditch sled because of oncoming sled on his side...never seen that look before on his face

near pt Sydney we both had to pull off trail because two old yammis came sliding into our side

wasn't a lot of traffic,even on Friday

Great report of our adventure Glenn. Well everything hit me today. Barely can get out of bed, think the MACK backed over me a few times through the night.

Went to the Walk In got some drugs hopefully they kick in soon.

Took a few pics of the bridges. Will post them later for you Extreme when I feel better.

Till the next ride. Maybe do more than 1,020 kms. on the next one.

Thanks

What's the story with the "400 Series closure"??

It's all green on the map?

What's the story with the "400 Series closure"??

It's all green on the map?

a lady died on trail on mon or tues...sure its open now

Sad to hear.  

Thanks for the reply Dragon.

well I was at a look-out,seemed like the right thing to do

afraid of heights,when bill stopped in middle of bridge I really had to play it cool.even when bill kept sayin "wow feel this bridge swing "...

Just let me know if you want I can take you for the trip over in the BR 180,  makes a sled pretty a small swing!

Just let me know if you want I can take you for the trip over in the BR 180,  makes a sled pretty a small swing!

WD you gotta take this offer.  I know I would. 

Thanks Fire242 I love those bridges.  Can't believe WD didn't take a pic while Bill was giving him the gears.  LOL

Great report Glenn.  At first I thought you had kidnapped Blake for the trip :-)

Great report Glenn.  At first I thought you had kidnapped Blake for the trip :-)

I escaped.

I can't imagine that ride,u wouldn't want to see a grown man blubber

I escaped.

you are a escape artist...

I first read this report on my blackberry and returned to it on desktop to do it justice.

Sounds like it was a great trip!

Great read and the trails look like they were in peak conditions.

RR

Archived