Pine Falls lodge closed (Sudbury/Markstay area)

SudburyMatt

That sucks. We enjoyed our stay there the winter the current owners took over. Their were some issues w/ the "physical plant" from prior years, so who knows what happened.

Just heard this myself. That's really awful. Sounds like everyone is fine!!!

:( sad

A few of us OC'rs met Fred last winter.Ā  We were to stay there however, they conveniently gave away our rooms to the film crew that was filming a movie there.Ā  Even though I called to confirm a few days before and was told we were all good.Ā  Long story short, we didn't stay and rode another few hours in the cold and darkness to find alternate accommodations for 6 guys.... Long story short, we ended up in Sturgeon Falls at about 10:30 at night.Ā  This whole little experience left us with a less than stellar opinion of Pine Falls, even though other friends have enjoyed their stay and recommended the place.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, I do have a heart so I do feel sorry for them now that this tragedy has struck them.

• 8 months later...

Any updates?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Bro' & S-I-L were passing thru the area today on 17 & the S-I-L texted me wondering if I had heard anything about the lodge. I checked online and according to a post on Faceplant dated June 27, the place has been sold. W/o a lodge building (which hasn't been replaced) there isn't much to draw a person there.

Archived