Trail gone thanks to trespassing

Three years ago the members of the Hanover Neustadt Snowmobile Club commenced a re-route on the trail from Durham to Hanover. The previous or existing trail was swamp based requiring extra work and opened later than surrounding trails. A new route was proposed and all LUP's were finally secured last fall. Trail finished, trailed opened, March 1, trail closed. This past weekend several persons on snowmobiles completely disrespected the privilege extended to them and repeatedly ran off the prescribed trail, including one pass around an active barn operation. The landowners contacted the club and requested the trail through their properties be closed for the remainder of the season.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to think that the offenders, whose direct actions caused this, would realize that the trail closure affects them personally as well as everyone else, especially when first encountering the "Trail Closed" sign after their misdeeds. It would be great to see them Man Up and apologize to the landowner(s) and maybe ?  get the trail re-opened. At the very least, it would put the club, and particularly the club representative who organized the trail, in a better light. 

which trail was it?

I would like to think that the offenders, whose direct actions caused this, would realize that the trail closure affects them personally as well as everyone else, especially when first encountering the "Trail Closed" sign after their misdeeds. It would be great to see them Man Up and apologize to the landowner(s) and maybe ?  get the trail re-opened. At the very least, it would put the club, and particularly the club representative who organized the trail, in a better light. 

I would like to think that as well but I suspect what will more likely be the outcome is that they will ignore the trail being closed, ride there anyhow, if there is a locked gate cut the lock and then complain like hell that the trail was closed.

I would like to think that as well but I suspect what will more likely be the outcome is that they will ignore the trail being closed, ride there anyhow, if there is a locked gate cut the lock and then complain like hell that the trail was closed.

Yeah, you are more than likely right, but it is amazing how far an in person apology can go - especially if the barn tour infraction was done out of innocent ignorance. 

Tards 

which trail was it?

Neustadt to Durham

Yeah, you are more than likely right, but it is amazing how far an in person apology can go - especially if the barn tour infraction was done out of innocent ignorance. 

You're absolutely right but you would have to be either really stupid, arrogantly entitled or both to even think for a minute that running around someone's barn would be at all acceptable. An apology to the landowner might help.

I'm not sure what is SO hard about riding between the Orange stakes? It happens on virtually every trail

Is this an education issue? IE Not understanding what winter wheat/crop damage signs mean?

Is it sheer ignorance? IE Not respecting someone else's property and that access is not a right

Screw speeders on the rail beds and Instead ask Stop/Opp to sit in the trouble spots and give warnings or lay trespassing charges?

Failing that, let's hire professional paint ball players to pick'm off with neon coloured paints so atleast for that day everyone will know who they are. Nothing like public shaming

I just rode that trail on Saturday. And there are a lot of sleds running all through the fields leaving the trails. This will be come more of an issue with the idiots that haven't no respect for the land owners

asshats are breeding it seems we have idgits running everywhere as well they have cost us hundereds in damages at the shop

How so Bill?

Social acceptance plain and simple. If the group allows it , its OK, no different than no permit. Peer pressure is the only reasonable answer. When your buddy rides off trail you stop and tell him. Proven time and time again in society. I don't believe anyone on this forum or most others would be guilty so you have to look 'where', probably Facebook. We have several more in danger as I type.

Can't fix stupid!!

Seen tracks thru the gravel pit near crosshill too! Hopefully that trail isn't gone soon too.

Social acceptance plain and simple. If the group allows it , its OK, no different than no permit. Peer pressure is the only reasonable answer. When your buddy rides off trail you stop and tell him. Proven time and time again in society. I don't believe anyone on this forum or most others would be guilty so you have to look 'where', probably Facebook. We have several more in danger as I type.

You believe everyone setting in the congregation is going to heaven.

idiots driving over stuff like our boat trailers

Yikes! Can't even stay on the trail thru your yard. Be interesting to stuck up a few camera's and see who the culprits are!

Seen tracks thru the gravel pit near crosshill too! Hopefully that trail isn't gone soon too.

Ran into a couple guys the other day, younger guys say 25ish and noticed one had a paddle track. Either way they did bitch a bit about the trails being rough and "where does my permit $ go BLAH BLAH. They knew a bit about the system and did seem interested in helping out. Now, they were riding with two guys I know and later I found out  here these 2 guys are all but on the trail. Every time they see a hill or some challenge off they go. This was the Fergus area.    Tracks everywhere off trail again this year wherever I have been.

Three years ago the members of the Hanover Neustadt Snowmobile Club commenced a re-route on the trail from Durham to Hanover. The previous or existing trail was swamp based requiring extra work and opened later than surrounding trails. A new route was proposed and all LUP's were finally secured last fall. Trail finished, trailed opened, March 1, trail closed. This past weekend several persons on snowmobiles completely disrespected the privilege extended to them and repeatedly ran off the prescribed trail, including one pass around an active barn operation. The landowners contacted the club and requested the trail through their properties be closed for the remainder of the season.

See it is red on interactive. Are there signs for detour using the road?  Pls Thx

Ran into a couple guys the other day, younger guys say 25ish and noticed one had a paddle track. Either way they did bitch a bit about the trails being rough and "where does my permit $ go BLAH BLAH. They knew a bit about the system and did seem interested in helping out. Now, they were riding with two guys I know and later I found out  here these 2 guys are all but on the trail. Every time they see a hill or some challenge off they go. This was the Fergus area.    Tracks everywhere off trail again this year wherever I have been.

It is brutle!

See it is red on interactive. Are there signs for detour using the road?  Pls Thx

Yes.

You believe everyone setting in the congregation is going to heaven.

Nope, everyone in the congregation is a hypocrite.

Archived