Pigeon lake

CatRiders

Welcome to the forum CatRiders. I don't know the answer to your question but someone here will chime in and help you out. Grizzlygriff or BlueER might be able to help.

Yes you can. You can connect with Twin Mountain trails by running up Pigeon to Nogies Creek and getting onto 405. Be extremely careful near Bobcaygeon. There is unsafe ice in several spots both east and west of town. You can get around the control dam on Little Bob Channel, but best to get someone local to show you the specifics first.

Also, watch for the regular lake hazards. Pigeon is prone to pressure cracks and ridges, and the lake level is dropped a lot in the Fall, exposing subsurface humps, stumps, etc. Running fast, with flat light or poor visibility is unsafe.

Hi as I am new to this forum. I did respond thank ing u for your response. Not sure if I should see my response or not. But don't see it so thought I would try again.

Welcome to the forum!!!!

Great group on here with lots of information if you need help or question...

Cheers!!

I am looking forward to chatting with everyone. Going to try out Pigeon Lake Sat thanks to WhiskyWizard but will not venture 2 far until I can flag down a local to show us the way. Here's to 6 more wks of winter. ❄️❄️❄️

When ever i jump on pigeon lake from sturgeon lake i always run around the east side of the island just to be safe.

When ever i jump on pigeon lake from sturgeon lake i always run around the east side of the island just to be safe.

Not necessary this year, but that's certainly the smart, safe choice. 

Hi looking at the trail map I see a lake trail looks like #501 - #435. If we head North up Pigeon Lk keep right/east of Big Island stay east do you know if we can pick up that trail? Want to stay as far away from thin ice as possible. Your help is once again appreciated

If you come off the lake by going under the bridge at Nogie's Creek you will come on to Bass Lake Road. If you run north on Bass Lake Road approximately 200 metres, you can access TMSC 405 trail. This connects to the 400 trail which will take you north to E108 and everywhere else from there.

Thanks for the info looking at the map is it possible to not have to go up to NC? I may be interpreteing the map incorrectly but it looks like heading North on the east side of big island continuing east toward Oak shore marina there is a lake trail. Can that be accessed or is my best bet heading under the bridge at NC. Sorry for all the questions

There is a lot more road running on the 435 then there is going to nc.

Had a great day yesterday thanks to everyone for your help. Found where to get onto the trail at NC did not go though as Bass Lk Rd was bare. Spent the afternoon exploring Pigeon Lk went end to end and as many spots in the middle. There was an access spot that seemed to be popular. You had to cross a small road. Fatherless Rd or something like that and you could pick up the lake again in the other side is anyone familiar with this?

You had to cross a small road. Fatherless Rd or something like that and you could pick up the lake again in the other side is anyone familiar with this?

Could that have been Fothergill Rd, near Gannon Narrows?

post-22643-0-04991800-1425245474_thumb.png

Archived