Favourite on trail Restaurant / Pub

RTX MEIRDA

When riding in the South D5, I like to go to either the Turkey Point Hotel (if there is snow on the road in) or Swazzee's in Waterford.  The new Waterford trail ends right there.  Fuel and Tim's also there

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Haliburton this weekend hopefully optimistic but nothing doing.

Although, ended up having dinner at the Peppermill on 35 just south of Canarvon on the west side.

Amazing food and atmosphere!!!

I highly recommend you check them out if you are in the area.

Rhino's in Bewdley. Our favourite chicken wings were formerly in a place called "Spectators" in Collingwood - Rhino's does them better. And their ribs are almost as good as the ones I make.

So many good places. Sledding and being on a diet are a contradiction.

Favourite for breakfast - H&S Amco - Lone Pine Rd. Port Severn

Lunch / Dinner

Dam Grill - Port Severn

Yannis - Hwy 12 just north of Coldwater

The Boathouse - Midland waterfront

Dock Lunch - Penetang waterfront

Bass Lake Roadhouse - Lake Joseph Rd near MacTier

plus many more....

no wonder my suit shrank last year.

Just read on the Iron Skillet Fb page that they have now closed for good...I personally would like to wish Martin and company all the best and thank you for some great meals...Hope that they resurface somewhere in the area at some point....Big loss for the area....

Nunz

Just read on the Iron Skillet Fb page that they have now closed for good...I personally would like to wish Martin and company all the best and thank you for some great meals...Hope that they resurface somewhere in the area at some point....Big loss for the area....

Nunz

What???...very sorry to hear of this, Nunz, as it was a great trailside spot...any idea what happened there?

I have no idea... Here is the post from their page... It was such a great spot with the best on trail food.....

Looks like the iron skillet will be shutting its doors.

It was a great 4+ years, and we want to thank everyone for their support over these years. We have learnt a lot, and experienced a lot of amazing things over our time. Made friends with some pretty amazing people, we were on TV. We have had TV chefs Michael Smith, and Derek Minkensky come out of their way to come eat here.

The local support has been more than we could ever ask for. We love you guys, thanks for everythin...g you have done.

We will be selling off all sorts of kitchen gear, including chafing dishes, platters, small wares, as well as a few bigger ticket items including a new 3 door stainless steel true refrigeration unit, cambro carriers 4 regular and one extra large), a meat slicer and a large industrial mixer. We will keep our debit and credit machine running for the sale. I will have the skillet set up with all items for sale this coming Friday. Please share this post, it'll really help us get the word out, and may possibly help us unload all of this gear.

Again.. Thank you all so much for the support, we wouldn't have survived this long without you all.

Martin, Justin, Kelly, and Gen

hydro rates are killing many 

And Andy Dick wants to sell off Hydro and privatize it to fund Metrolinx.

Metrolinx...a company who's CAO is a lobbyist for MGM Grand.

Metrolinx...a company who gives employees and partners free transit passes.

Basically...sell off a province wide public company to fund Metrolinx who only plans transit for the GTA.

Makes no sense to me.

hydro rates are killing many 

I don't have a problem with the hydro rates as they are right now,it's the garbage add ons on the bill that I have a problem with.$193.00 for hydro consumption but the total bill was $473.00.That is B.S.

I don't have a problem with the hydro rates as they are right now,it's the garbage add ons on the bill that I have a problem with.$193.00 for hydro consumption but the total bill was $473.00.That is B.S.

wow... I guess I haven't any room to complain. Hydro at home $221 for two months and the furnace was going pretty steady. It's gas but the fan isn't.

Let's remember that Ontario's hydro rates are almost the most expensive in North America and we are losing businesses because of our inability to compete. Also, not to forget that we are hurting our elderly people on fixed incomes and dooming them to poverty.

To put the thread back on track...

The Mill Pond in Carnarvon on trail 8 HCSA. Fantastic home cooking and don't forget to ask for the Creme Coconut pie. Just a short jump from B trail and well worth it.

The Mill Pond in Carnarvon on trail 8 HCSA. Fantastic home cooking and don't forget to ask for the Creme Coconut pie. Just a short jump from B trail and well worth it.

You got my attention...lol, Ummmm Coconut Cream Pie........yummy yummy...Extreme600 you reading this????

Yes indeed a great place to eat the Archer family has been in that area for decades and are great folks 

almost forgot Mylar and Loretta's in Singhampton

yep, i'm right in that same boat. i hate corporations, and institutions. they make my stomach turn when i see how they are allowed to control so much of a person life. how they rape and steal from people. to me this is just another way of homeland terrorism

Ouch! I hope that is an estimated reading and you will get a break next time the meter is read!

yep, i'm right in that same boat. i hate corporations, and institutions. they make my stomach turn when i see how they are allowed to control so much of a person life. how they rape and steal from people. to me this is just another way of homeland terrorism

The one that really annoys me. The debt retirement fee. It should have been gone by now but Wynnebag went and borrowed more money so we are still paying.

The one that really annoys me. The debt retirement fee. It should have been gone by now but Wynnebag went and borrowed more money so we are still paying.

borrowed, wasted, misappropriated, and more... but we must be happy with evreything as we returned them with a sound majority.

borrowed, wasted, misappropriated, and more... but we must be happy with evreything as we returned them with a sound majority.

Unfortunately there are so many that vote a certain party because their parents did/do, they always have, those that don't really pay attention to the facts and then those that get scared when faced with reality.

I hear you, O2Sled. Like to add that Toronto votes as block counter to that of the rest of the province. I personally like the idea of Toronto as a separate provincial entity which would set the rest of the province free to pursue our own rural based interests. i e. agriculture, fish and game, energy, easing of regulatory bodies such as TSS etc.

Archived