Favourite on trail Restaurant / Pub

RTX MEIRDA

Planning on an all day ride from Elmira on Friday. Just wondering about favorite spots to stop for lunch and a beverage.

The Homesteader near Durham.

The Redwood in Clifford.

The Top End Tavern in Neustad.

Boomer's Cozy Restaurant in Teeswater.

Try to hit the clubhouses on the weekends, St Clements, Conestogo, Fergus. Hanover.

Eating on the the trail is half the reason I go....lol

Iron Skillet!!

Best food just wish he had a few more seats...and he has great desserts...

Iron Skillet!!

x2.

Finally got there last week and had a great pulled pork sandwich. Menu is fresh; changes daily.

Iron Skillet!!

X 2 nunz. I wish Iron Skillet would move into the old "just eddies" restaurant in Orillia. I would take over from Blake as the number 1 customer.

It makes us laugh almost every time we go out for a ride that our lunch/dinner destination is almost always the reason for going into an area, if a restaurant is known for being really good it but the trails are a little rough it makes it all the more worth the effort... Or if we are in an area what we are unsure of I will always ask someone taking a break if there is anywhere good to eat in the area..

I think it's makes us the special breed that we all are...

That being said if anyone is looking for a great deal, I just called and reserved for this Sunday at Spectacle Lake Lodge they are doing a March Madness Special, for $99 per person you get a cabin, dinner and breakfast..that is an amazing deal, looking forward to riding there on Sunday, of course after having lunch at the Cookhouse at Basecamp at HWF first.....

Nunz

I always plan my trips around food. I rode on Tuesday this week and wanted to stop in at the "dam grill" for a bite to eat. It's closed on Monday's and Tuesday's. I decided to keep riding up to "riverside restaurant" and found out that it's only open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I rode on Wednesday down towards Barrie and stopped by "Shanty Bay golf course" for lunch but it's not open this season. I think I'll start using Wild Bills advice and call ahead to find out if they're open.

The food at spectacle lake lodge is incredible. Have a good time.

I always plan my trips around food. I rode on Tuesday this week and wanted to stop in at the "dam grill" for a bite to eat. It's closed on Monday's and Tuesday's. I decided to keep riding up to "riverside restaurant" and found out that it's only open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I rode on Wednesday down towards Barrie and stopped by "Shanty Bay golf course" for lunch but it's not open this season. I think I'll start using Wild Bills advice and call ahead to find out if they're open.

The food at spectacle lake lodge is incredible. Have a good time.

Thanks bud!!!  Makes me feel better that we aren't the only ones......

Planning on an all day ride from Elmira on Friday. Just wondering about favorite spots to stop for lunch and a beverage.

Bar Head in Markdale has always been good. All depends on how far you wanna go tomorrow. Gonna be a cold one, the day that is.

The restaurant in Platsville just off the main trail is really good too, just follow tracks into town. Use to be called Pecks but they changed owners a few years back. Was last there last winter and food was awesome.

Iron Skillet!!

They plan to expand into the garage eventually! Hopefully that will work out for them!

Drumbo has a place called Pete's   and it was real good. Was there last winter, this year we stopped at the truck stop. Breakfast there was real  good to. Brussels seems to have 3 places to eat.  Was at the Jam Jar and Cinnamon something (across from JR's). Sebringville, trail right to Dave's diner. All good so far.

You just know that Blake G and Nunz are creating a spreadsheet / route based upon this topic :-P

You just know that Blake G and Nunz are creating a spreadsheet / route based upon this topic :-P

hahahahaha, I am plotting all these places on the map in my living room!!! lol

Thanks Canuck!!!

We would love to get into orillia, or huntsville, gravenhurst, bracebridge... Anywhere with year round action. The hardest part about being in this town is the lack of year round traffic. It's very seasonal. That being said, we really appreciate all you OCers, and other sledders that make the winter worth while. We are going to make a good go at this location, but if things don't work out here, I can assure you that we will pop up somewhere else.

Cheers

Martin

You are never disappointed at Anna Maes in Millbank.  Closed Sunday's and Holidays.  Great food and great prices.

You are never disappointed at Anna Maes in Millbank.  Closed Sunday's and Holidays.  Great food and great prices.

Gotta remember that!

Archived