2016 yamaha releases!

Baylaker

I am not sure why everyone keeps knocking the Viper, there is nothing wrong with the yamacat guys, I have put 2600 km on my new viper this year and have had no issues at all, it may not be the fastest sled out there but it handles everything I have thrown at it, I like it way better then my nytro.  I am interested in what Yamaha releases tomorrow.  I can't see anything big coming, maybe the phazer engine in the same chassis as the viper. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure why everyone keeps knocking the Viper, there is nothing wrong with the yamacat guys, I have put 2600 km on my new viper this year and have had no issues at all, it may not be the fastest sled out there but it handles everything I have thrown at it, I like it way better then my nytro.  I am interested in what Yamaha releases tomorrow.  I can't see anything big coming, maybe the phazer engine in the same chassis as the viper. 

First year sleds all have their demons. I needed a new starter but have 2000 miles on my 7000 now. Love it. low end and mid range is as good or better then a 800 2 smoke. Falls flat after about 85 MPH Im a trail rider so it sure don't bother me.

Small gas tank, lots of heat along the tunnel=lots of ice.

Tunnel has openings for the snow to cool the exhaust.  Never had an issue with ice build up in over 50000 Km between 3 Vectors.  Now, if you are referring to the Viper, I have no experience there. 

Hearing yamaha is adding a winch on every machine for when you get the 800 lb machine stuck.

Better than having to have a tow strap mounted :poke2:

Something about constantly replacing exhaust donuts I believe.

That is an issue on the Apex (about every 4000 Km, or so, IIRC). But it is apparently around $150 repair.  I have only done the donuts twice on my '07 Vector in 29000 Km.

Had to replace donuts on my RX1 around 9500km. Did the fix myself and used copper donuts.

Sled now has 20,500km with no further issues.

The sled is heavier but love the Yamaha 4 stroke engine. Also ride with saddlebags and never had a problem with rear exhaust.

And the sound of the rear exhaust is sweet.

While I am not in the market right now, I would like to see some new things for the 'real' Yamahas.  It is time for a refresh and upgrade of the Apex line, at least.  It is usually the first line to get a new chassis, or whatever, and then it trickles down to the Vector and Venture a year or so later.

I love my Yammies, but I cannot see myself going YamaCat without serious consideration of other brands.  Unfortunately, it looks like 'Doo is my only option because I refuse to go back to 2 smokes.

Unfortunately? Really? Just kidding  You prob would like the 900 Ace.

I did not mean any disrespect, but rather 'unfortunate' that there only seems to be one option.

The 900 ACE intrigues me, but I would also look at the 1200, if it came to that.

I was also considering 900 ace, but I think for the few extra hundred bucks and only extra 20-30lbs I might as well go with the 1200...if I decide to go with doo.

Only a few more hours guys!!

Oh ok

Im afraid the Yamaha purists will never accept the viper/7000 sled, they just cant get past the Cat thing, apparently Yamaha has always been flawless and Cats have always been junk....I musta missed taht one . I had a few teething issues solved within the first 100 miles, but Im over 1300 miles on my 7000 and am quite happy with it. The guys that bitch about top end didn't do much research, all of 5 mins on the internet and I knew what I was getting into. Coming from the CFR800 I do miss the top end sometimes but this engine rocks down low.

So if you bleed blue and hate Cat please don't buy a viper and then spend all you time on TY moaning about what a piece of junk it is and cluttering up all the useful info :icon_naughty:

Cheers, Todd

I demoed a viper and it's a sweet machine forsure. I've been reading almost every post on TY about these sleds and there's a lot of problems with them. I don't mind cat, it's a great chassis combined with the best engine in the biz!

I know they're not fast, most get between 85-95mph then fall flat on their face. I don't really care too much for 100mph...really how often are you going that fast down a trail anyways?

But those doos sure are nice and have nice features!

I'm just afraid of all those problems happening to me if I got a viper...I know they all have their bugs!

i'm seriously looking at a viper. short track apex is hard on the body when the trails get rough

Did you get your rear shock serviced on your Apex?  I have always found that the Apex was good through the bumps..

Did you get your rear shock serviced on your Apex?  I have always found that the Apex was good through the bumps..

in all honesty i never checked nothing, only put a bearing in and my left foot thump is gone away.

The issue on my 7000 was Yamaha parts so enough said. I've seen 103 mph perfect condition on real straight stretch of back road. If I wanted to haul out all the time I would have got a 9000.

in all honesty i never checked nothing, only put a bearing in and my left foot thump is gone away.

For $100 or less get the rear shock done and it will be a much better ride for you..Does the control on the bars make any difference in the firmness of the ride?

For $100 or less get the rear shock done and it will be a much better ride for you..Does the control on the bars make any difference in the firmness of the ride?

yeah some what

Currently I drive a 2011 apex xtx, best sled I ever had!   Only so I won't lose any riding time at 12,000 kms, I had the donuts done and drive shaft bearing done in fall 2013. Then this fall I sent the shocks away to be rebuilt, now have 17,500 kms on it and it still run like a new sled!  So let's hope for a little surprise in 2016 models, as I would like a new yamaha!

2016's have been launched; yamaha-motor.ca

I like the changes!

I like the changes!

looks like your motor received a lot of changes

I was really expecting them to make more of a splash this year, thought we would see a new model entry sled for sure and more of the Arctic Cat joint venture sleds... 

Archived