Do you like being an asshat ?

none

I cannot believe the idiots that don't bother to look for traffic. I guarantee that in an impact situation me in my truck will fair much better than someone on their sled. Yesterday on Lone Pine Rd. Port Severn a skidoo suddenly decides to go from running the groomed trail along side the road to crossing the road. He makes a sharp left and doesn't even make an effort to try and turn his head to check for traffic.

Today hwy 12 just west of 400. The trail comes out of the Esso station and crosses the highway. One sled comes to the hwy pauses looks and crosses as he has time to do so safely as I'm coming up the hill. Just behind him sled doesn't even slow down approaching the hwy doesn't look and crosses in front of me so close I had to hit the brakes and the horn. His response is to flip a finger. Somehow I think he will likely end up as a hood ornament one day.

Yesterday we rode from Port Severn to Bass Lake Roadhouse. Happy to say not once did we have someone coming at us on our side of the trail although it would have been easy to happen. With the cold temps there is a lot of loose snow on the trails that pushes around easily rather than packing and setting up so it isn't tough to slide a bit on a turn.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe the idiots that don't bother to look for traffic. I guarantee that in an impact situation me in my truck will fair much better than someone on their sled. Yesterday on Lone Pine Rd. Port Severn a skidoo suddenly decides to go from running the groomed trail along side the road to crossing the road. He makes a sharp left and doesn't even make an effort to try and turn his head to check for traffic.

Today hwy 12 just west of 400. The trail comes out of the Esso station and crosses the highway. One sled comes to the hwy pauses looks and crosses as he has time to do so safely as I'm coming up the hill. Just behind him sled doesn't even slow down approaching the hwy doesn't look and crosses in front of me so close I had to hit the brakes and the horn. His response is to flip a finger. Somehow I think he will likely end up as a hood ornament one day.

Yesterday we rode from Port Severn to Bass Lake Roadhouse. Happy to say not once did we have someone coming at us on our side of the trail although it would have been easy to happen. With the cold temps there is a lot of loose snow on the trails that pushes around easily rather than packing and setting up so it isn't tough to slide a bit on a turn.

they respond like this so quickly I often think it's impossible that they even know/see who it is -hopefully one day it will be the "wrong" guy

225 Kms today , lots of sleds and no issues. Hmmm that NEVER happens. Did however come across a fellow whom lost his steering on his sled. He was on the trail thankfully.

One guy did gun it while I was stopped standing beside my sled on straight line of sight in wooded area. I was walking to go behind my sled. Glad I didn't trip or i a been mauled by a cat! One poor turkey didn't make it I seen. The others were just off the trail in mourning! I was envisioning it in the roast pan. Yum!

Short ride today of only about 100 km in Hali on the B. Only passed 4 sleds the whole ride. Trails were good. Not complaining but where was everyone?

I am afraid our sport is getting more and more "newbies" on crazy powerful machines that have little or no experience on a snowmobile.

Imagine taking up motorcycle riding for the first time - never been on a bike and you go in the showroom and pick out a 1000 ninja race bike.

Basically what happens in the sled world now - a plain little "intro sled" 600cc pushes out 125HP now a days and hits 100km/hr in a little bump of the flipper.

I met a couple of newbies the other night brand new 1100 Turbos - guy flew over a steep hill - panicked and rolled the machine down the center of the trail - flew off and the machine ended upright parked into some saplings 10 yards off the trail - guy had no idea what to do - asked if he should get a tow truck to get it back on the "skidoo road" . I started it and showed him how to turn it around and pull on the ski to get it moving in deep snow.

No clue - first time on a sled ever - yet him and buddy are doing 100+ down the trail 

Way too common now. After 25 yrs and about 100,000kms of trail riding in Ont I only ride mid week now - weekends are just too dangerous - too many drivers who have no idea how to ride - especially at high speed.

As for keep to the right - I ride every day on well tracked trails - yet I am putting down the first tracks of the day ALL THE TIME on the right edge - especially on the left corners with the big piles of loose snow on them that have'nt seen a track up on them since the groomer went by.

I estimate 90% -95% ride right down the middle around every corner.

Maybe the OPP and STOP should forget the radar on the longest straight stretch they can find and set up on some sharp corners - get the guys coming around out of control - never mind determining their own "safe speed" when they pick out a % of every sled speeding on the great big open straight away

Maybe time for one way trails ?

So while out driving on the skidoo road watching for asshats I remembered this. That is just to funny......."skidoo road" that is. Today wasn't bad at all. Waved lots by us as we were doin 30-40 mph and they actually went by slow enough with a wave then slowly got back on it. Sleds coming towards us were staying to the right. The center of the road was moguled up so staying to the edge was smooth. Just had to make sure you didn't go off the road and into the ditch.

Was following two guys through a field today. Leader of the two staying to the right going uphill, but second guy is on left side of trail going over a hill. I don't know what some people are thinking.

I had to remind some young hooligans in bv2s helmets and tank bags on 600 and 900 aces to stay on trail again today.

Other than those 2, we had a great day. Even stopped for lunch on the grand river.

post-23554-0-30028300-1425258985_thumb.jpg

I had to remind some young hooligans in bv2s helmets and tank bags on 600 and 900 aces to stay on trail again today.

those Ace riders are a rough group.  I wish I could afford those bv2s helmets :poke2:

Other than those 2, we had a great day. Even stopped for lunch on the grand river.

just saw the pic   what was that?    a young deer?

I can see it now... You and Derek leading the groups, and Pete, les and my self in the bush with caged deers, coyotes and carrier pigeons ready to release upon passing through. Lol

I can see it now... You and Derek leading the groups, and Pete, les and my self in the bush with caged deers, coyotes and carrier pigeons ready to release upon passing through. Lol

Yup   Count me in.

More asshats...with names.

OPP officers were conducting a RIDE program on Settlers Line and Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs trail E108 just after 6 p.m. on Sunday.

Three snowmobiles approached the RIDE program but stopped about 50 metres short of the officers. Two of the machines then drove directly at officers before fleeing the area. The remaining rider was investigated and released without charges.

Donald Lafonte, 53, of Otonabee-South Monaghan Township, has been charged with dangerous driving and failing to stop for police under the Motorized Snow Vehicles Act. He will appear in court on April 16.

A 17-year-old youth was also charged in relation to this incident but cannot be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

- See more at: http://m.durhamregion.com/news-story/5456549-oshawa-man-among-those-charged-with-drinking-and-driving-two-caught-trying-to-avoid-a-ride-check/#sthash.ym2EHAMd.dpuf

looks good when idiots like that get caught....

Last night I was riding on the D trail, just south of the 141 in Port Sydney. The groomer was approaching so I rode of the side of the trail into an open area so he could pass. As I tried to get out, my track dug in and I was stuck. Two sleds passed by and I waved them down to see if they could help. If I had the help of one more person, I would have been out in 30 seconds, but they did not stop. Took me 15 minutes of lifting to get out and almost pulled a muscle in my arm. Whenever I see someone on the side of the trail that needs help I always stop. This has never been an issue before whenever I have been stuck, but I was not happy last night when they just drove off.  

Last night I was riding on the D trail, just south of the 141 in Port Sydney. The groomer was approaching so I rode of the side of the trail into an open area so he could pass. As I tried to get out, my track dug in and I was stuck. Two sleds passed by and I waved them down to see if they could help. If I had the help of one more person, I would have been out in 30 seconds, but they did not stop. Took me 15 minutes of lifting to get out and almost pulled a muscle in my arm. Whenever I see someone on the side of the trail that needs help I always stop. This has never been an issue before whenever I have been stuck, but I was not happy last night when they just drove off.  

Amazing that someone would actually pass you by. If I see someone on the trail that looks as if they even remotely might need help I will stop and see if they need help or not. If I see a hood up I will always stop. I carry a tow rope, lots of spare fuses large and small in varying amps and booster cables as well as a socket set and other tools. I just can't fathom someone passing by... especially when it is a single rider.

One time my wife got her sled stuck in Six Mile Lake park when she pulled off the side of the roadway. I wasn't getting anywhere fast... fortunately about 12 sleds on a ride stopped. There were enough to basically pick it up and carry it out. Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?

I think alot of these azzhats who don't stop also do not have not have trail permits, val tags, insurance. 

Archived