someone plowed Kashagawigamog lake

livin' on the b103

There are numerous objects to be looking for that are man made and not marked. Mostly docks and rafts . Re Portage Lk not far from the ESSO this year someone built a large snowman now frozen solid (that is not marked) on the ice a few hundred feet off the trail. This is an area the locals are running all the time. I also think ice huts should be marked  on all sides with highly reflective markers. I see many huts with some kind of aluminum siding that are hard to see in  poor conditions. A week or so ago, this young lady lost her life when she hit a dock post in Britt  http://www.q92rocks.com/2015/02/10/funeral-on-thursday-for-victim-of-britt-snowmobile-fatal/

Here's another one we really don't have any control over. https://parrysights.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/redwood1890-20150125-_dsc7745_dxo.jpg

RW,

In this case the person who creates a danger should be held liable.  If you plow the lake knowing that others also have the right to use it, then mark the dam thing.

I am so friggin tired of the idiots driving on the Lake trail on our lake.  Its dangerous and they take the beaten path for there own benefit.  What happened to mutual respect??

I also read a post on a fishing forum indicating that the ice fishing was better on the snowmobile trail.  So we get ice huts right on the trail.  No, that's not dangerous at all..... :angry-smiley-005:

our trail back home always has to move as teh ice huts move right onto it

Nothing we can do other than move the stake line away from the huts

You can't fix STUPID !!!

You can but it's illegal! 

There are numerous objects to be looking for that are man made and not marked. Mostly docks and rafts . Re Portage Lk not far from the ESSO this year someone built a large snowman now frozen solid (that is not marked) on the ice a few hundred feet off the trail. This is an area the locals are running all the time. I also think ice huts should be marked  on all sides with highly reflective markers. I see many huts with some kind of aluminum siding that are hard to see in  poor conditions. A week or so ago, this young lady lost her life when she hit a dock post in Britt  http://www.q92rocks.com/2015/02/10/funeral-on-thursday-for-victim-of-britt-snowmobile-fatal/

Here's another one we really don't have any control over. https://parrysights.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/redwood1890-20150125-_dsc7745_dxo.jpg

RW,

ummm yeh that could leave a mark 

You can but it's illegal! 

LMFAO!! :coffeespit:

our trail back home always has to move as teh ice huts move right onto it

Nothing we can do other than move the stake line away from the huts

That is seriously ignorant.  Legally nothing you can do, but what happened to common courtesy?

Revenge is a ice hut sinking.....

Shift the ice hut so they wonder what happened to their hole. I did see a video once a while back where someone had an ice hut along a stake line and opened the door just as a sled was going by. The sled took the door off.

In this case the person who creates a danger should be held liable.  If you plow the lake knowing that others also have the right to use it, then mark the dam thing.

I am so friggin tired of the idiots driving on the Lake trail on our lake.  Its dangerous and they take the beaten path for there own benefit.  What happened to mutual respect??

I also read a post on a fishing forum indicating that the ice fishing was better on the snowmobile trail.  So we get ice huts right on the trail.  No, that's not dangerous at all..... :angry-smiley-005:

I crossed Panage lake the other day and there were deep ruts on the stake line from a truck, then we met another truck running the stake line and yet another. Idiots.

I crossed Panage lake the other day and there were deep ruts on the stake line from a truck, then we met another truck running the stake line and yet another. Idiots.

those are the worse as many times you are not expecting the ruts

My good friend tells of a time way back in the 80's one evening at a watering hole off Traders Bay in Dorset. 2 guys come in and are standing by my bud talking about what just happened. They were going down a lake and all of a sudden the one guy hits something and his headlights go out. He stops and his friend pulls up beside him and says   What happened. The guy says I don't know, there was a bang and the sled bounced and the lights went out. They went back for a look and the remanents of a hut were scattered around the ice. Time to put reflective tape all the way around your Ice Hut cause you don't want to be sitting in it when the lights go out.

My good friend tells of a time way back in the 80's one evening at a watering hole off Traders Bay in Dorset. 2 guys come in and are standing by my bud talking about what just happened. They were going down a lake and all of a sudden the one guy hits something and his headlights go out. He stops and his friend pulls up beside him and says   What happened. The guy says I don't know, there was a bang and the sled bounced and the lights went out. They went back for a look and the remanents of a hut were scattered around the ice. Time to put reflective tape all the way around your Ice Hut cause you don't want to be sitting in it when the lights go out.

yup that happened I know the guy 

Back in the 90s the was a pic of a sunken Blazer on Scugog in the Port Perry paper. The white fiberglass "cap" had been smashed. One of my co-workers said he had been by it a few days earlier & the cap was intact. I imagine that was painful.

reflective tape should be mandatory on Ice huts

Back in the 90s the was a pic of a sunken Blazer on Scugog in the Port Perry paper. The white fiberglass "cap" had been smashed. One of my co-workers said he had been by it a few days earlier & the cap was intact. I imagine that was painful.

youch

One winter when I was riding on Scubog, I spent part of a ride  GPSing the marker buoys in the main part of the lake so I'd have their location for future rides. One of my friends had told me previously not to go past a certain point or else I'd be heading towards Lindsay (a no no).

Archived