STUDS??? Ripsaw 2 1 1/4" track 2006 800X ho

amendola2001

Looking to stud my track. Has anyone studed the ripsaw 2 on a rev ? What size ? Round backers ? Long or short nuts ? Stainless aluminum ??? After an expensive season and a new unexpected track budget is an issue but bottom line is control & quality. Thanks need to get this done before a big trip. Thanks for any advice

Looking to stud my track. Has anyone studed the ripsaw 2 on a rev ? What size ? Round backers ? Long or short nuts ? Stainless aluminum ??? After an expensive season and a new unexpected track budget is an issue but bottom line is control & quality. Thanks need to get this done before a big trip. Thanks for any advice

One or two ply track? Length 1.325 

I believe the ripsaw 2 is 2 ply ....

Yeah it is just has to double check lol. 2 ply fully clipped track. I've heard 1.325 - 1.375 and some say 1.4-1.5 but I think that's a little crazy. Need traction bad tried the new track without studding but bad idea.

Really the ripsaw 2 comes in one ply everywhere I looked to buy all said 2 ply in specs never seen a 1 ply ripsaw 2

Yeah it is just has to double check lol. 2 ply fully clipped track. I've heard 1.325 - 1.375 and some say 1.4-1.5 but I think that's a little crazy. Need traction bad tried the new track without studding but bad idea.

no more than 1.375 but 1.325 better do not use grand masters as they are machined for single ply (this direct from Woody's distributor) instead use regular studs 

Is there a noticeable difference between 1.325 and 1.375? I think 1.325 would be fine and safer for stud issues. Some studs don't sell that size. Any experience with extreme max studs someone me too them and prices seem pretty good ?

Is there a noticeable difference between 1.325 and 1.375? I think 1.325 would be fine and safer for stud issues. Some studs don't sell that size. Any experience with extreme max studs someone me too them and prices seem pretty good ?

We have had our best luck with Woody`s, second choice stud boy 

Almost 16,000 miles on the Woodys I'm using:

http://www.woodystraction.com/snowmobile-stud-gold-digger

I haven't had to replace any due to loss or breakage. Then again I don't spin my track across paved road crossings.  :icon_doh:

I can be rough on my track and studs not on trials or roads unless I get stuck but I ride on a Rez up north with close friends and it can get rough out in the backcountry and bush so want something decent but the best is going to get beat no matter how good it is when I'm up there so trying to find the happy medium.

Same track here(14 ZR7000) I used the 1.375 studboys and they are plenty long, Im sure 1.325(woodys recommended) would be fine.  I don't over stud and I like doubles so I just did one set of doubles ever window, but that depends on your riding style I guess.

I have always used 1.450's in a 1 1/4" track. I went 1.325 in the first one I had and found they were way too short. Never bent a stud or had a pull through.

I have always used 1.450's in a 1 1/4" track. I went 1.325 in the first one I had and found they were way too short. Never bent a stud or had a pull through.

1.325 properly torqued give you 3/8 penetration which is a good level for durability 

Thanks wildbill and everyone for the advice. Don't want to cheap out so might wait till I can afford the woodys. My tech likes his suppliers fast track ones and some like the cheaper max ones but either way it's a chunk and not sure inhave time to do it myself before my trip. I'm going to try it without this weeknd first ride without a passenger and see how it goes before Quebec trip. Thanks again :)

Thanks wildbill and everyone for the advice. Don't want to cheap out so might wait till I can afford the woodys. My tech likes his suppliers fast track ones and some like the cheaper max ones but either way it's a chunk and not sure inhave time to do it myself before my trip. I'm going to try it without this weeknd first ride without a passenger and see how it goes before Quebec trip. Thanks again :)

the woody s really are not much more and they are the best

The difference is 0.05. lol

Sorry...could not resist. 

studded my 1.25" 2 ply Ripsaw 2 track with 1.325" Woody's Gold Diggers using their recommended pattern

XF8000Studding_zpsd37e247b.jpg

XF8000Studding_2_zps14b35268.jpg

XF8000Studs_zps25c189be.jpg

1.325 properly torqued give you 3/8 penetration which is a good level for durability 

and remember to re-torque them often until they take a set

Archived