Elmira area trails

Driftbuster

Hey all just wondering if anyone knows how far out elmira is from opening the trails around there.(5-81 and 5-83) Seen a bunch of tracks and looked like the groomer had been over stuff just don't want to ride closed trails. I'm assuming it'll be any day just getting antsy. Have been wanting to ride the sled to work.

Trails are all yellow now.

Hoping to get out to try them later this week myself

Just took a ride to Conestoga lake. Decent running groomer has been out earlier in the week. Snowing now

taking a break looking at the lake then back to Elmira. .

First 30 miles of the season. Saw 1/2 dozen sleds. Nice first ride.

Out again today. Trails freshly groomed out from Elmira lots of traffic. Great day

70 miles today. Did the loop around Conestoga lake. Trails held up. Traffic was light to moderate. Let's hope this storm coming dumps a good load on us.

Nice. Of course the snow comes and I go on call. Will be next Friday For me to get out. Looking forward to it

Well if all goes well I will go out Wednesday evening for a short time and hopefully Thursday.

Managed a short ride from Elmira to Linwood and back.

all groomed nice despite minimal snow and freezing drizzle on the visor. Counted 11 other guys out.

Cold from to blow in tomorrow for the weekend so we wont be losing any of the white gold this weekend.

http://youtu.be/dFajiqaaUZI

Managed a short ride from Elmira to Linwood and back.

all groomed nice despite minimal snow and freezing drizzle on the visor.

Cold from to blow in tomorrow for the weekend so we wont be losing any of the white gold this weekend.

There is more south to the south west this year. Can see the difference as you come down b203 towards St agatha. Seems the most snow is from baden over to Stratford and then north abit.

Also managed 17.25 mpg on the iq turbo last Saturday.

Might head out again tomorrow. We'll see how the day goes.

I agree with viperules,stratford ,mitchel,brussels,blyth,has very good snow.

I agree with viperules,stratford ,mitchel,brussels,blyth,has very good snow.

It is abit wierd but west usually gets more snow! Not use to seeing area's like Linwood short on snow though.

lets hope we get the snow and more that they are calling for this weekend. Nothing thawing this morning !!

32 frosty miles this afternoon. Sunny and prefect trails.

Calling for more snow tomorrow. ...

Excellent 60 mile ride this morning

saw about 20 + sleds. Trails were in great shape again this morning.

Heard Conestoga lake club house was having a chilly night this evening. Sure to draw a big crowd.

Left Cambridge and met up with another couple and headed up to Conestoga Lake today...trails were great...lots of sleds out..and that chili was great!!!

Excellent 60 mile ride this morning

saw about 20 + sleds. Trails were in great shape again this morning.

Heard Conestoga lake club house was having a chilly night this evening. Sure to draw a big crowd.

Were out as well this AM and into afternoon. Rode Millbank way.  Freezing on the visors was very annoying.

Were out as well this AM and into afternoon. Rode Millbank way.  Freezing on the visors was very annoying.

yes it sure was, were passed by some cowboys on Doos and I thought who can they go so fast when they cant see in front of them......even with my electric shield I was stopping to scrap off the ice build up.

yes it sure was, were passed by some cowboys on Doos and I thought who can they go so fast when they cant see in front of them......even with my electric shield I was stopping to scrap off the ice build up.

Talked to guys in Elmira and they had electric shields that didn't melt ice off.  I have never had an electric shield, I use the Doo modular and works good.

40 miles of perfection this evening. Freshly groomed all the way to Bridgeport and home. Only saw 5 machines.

Clubs doing a great job.

Talked to guys in Elmira and they had electric shields that didn't melt ice off.  I have never had an electric shield, I use the Doo modular and works good.

Electric won't melt ice off, only keeps condensation away. Only way to fight ice is to carry antifreeze in a spray bottle and spray it on shield as needed and wipe with your gloves. Helps allot but isn't perfect either.

Electric won't melt ice off, only keeps condensation away. Only way to fight ice is to carry antifreeze in a spray bottle and spray it on shield as needed and wipe with your gloves. Helps allot but isn't perfect either.

Makes the gloves kinda yukky   no?

wonder if rainx would help with this issue

Another 30 miles this evening while the was still out

Archived