Mary Lake

Muskoka Man

Hill and gully were staking Mary Lake this morn .end of road rash .trails towards bays ville were nice .lots of trailers coming north

Good!  We ran it last Saturday.  Also passed their BR at the road crossing.

Is there anywhere to eat in Port Sydney?  I think Pine Lodge is not open in the winter any more.

Cindy's Diner has good food right off the trail and they have a little trail right into it.

Nunz

I thought Blake G reported that it was closed although I did see a sign last weekend.

It's open we were there last week....

Nothing fancy but food was pretty good.

Cindy's is open 8 - 3 Tuesday to Sunday and closed Mondays. Good food. Was there on Wednesday.

The place I mentioned that closed recently is Henrietta's Bakery. Henrietta's is still open in Dwight, however.

The trail sign still says Midway Café, not Cindy's. The stub trail goes east off D, about one kilometer south of the tunnel beneath Highway 11.

Thanks, group.

I used to ignore food posts (except Slomo's "101 ways to eat schnitzel", lol). With all the closures, these posts are invaluable. 

Further south, with the closing of the Purple Pig, can anyone recommend anything trailside around Gravenhurst or Bracebridge?  Those communities are a natural stop (tm, STG) for us when we leave Six Mile Lake. I've noted Boston Pizza (Gravenhurst) and that's likely where "I'm from Mactier" will want to go.  Any other places?

Thanks, group.

I used to ignore food posts (except Slomo's "101 ways to eat schnitzel", lol). With all the closures, these posts are invaluable. 

Further south, with the closing of the Purple Pig, can anyone recommend anything trailside around Gravenhurst or Bracebridge?  Those communities are a natural stop (tm, STG) for us when we leave Six Mile Lake. I've noted Boston Pizza (Gravenhurst) and that's likely where "I'm from Mactier" will want to go.  Any other places?

You must stop at Frosty Pint in Gravenhurst. Be careful though, the mouse has been spotted there many times.  LOL

They are right beside the Sanders Dodge dealership.  You ride right past it on the main trail from the wharf towards the D.

Cindy's is open 8 - 3 Tuesday to Sunday and closed Mondays. Good food. Was there on Wednesday.

The place I mentioned that closed recently is Henrietta's Bakery. Henrietta's is still open in Dwight, however.

The trail sign still says Midway Café, not Cindy's. The stub trail goes east off D, about one kilometer south of the tunnel beneath Highway 11.

Great info Blake.  Found the place no problem.  It was a bumpy ride from Kahshe to Port Sydney. Trails were busy but we had good day. We saw you at Doe Lake Rd on D leading your group. Very good of you doing that. 

We had a good time.

Were you in the group I chatted with when we were headed back to Gravenhurst?

Also curious about Cindy's café: What time did you get in there, and Did you have to wait to get a seat?

• 8 months later...

post-22483-0-46497500-1444875282_thumb.jpg

I took this picture today on the west side of Mary Lake. It was a beautiful day and the fall colours didn't disappoint. Stopped in at Cindy's cafe yesterday and today for lunch. I highly recommend trying her daily soup special.

Damn, I would have joined you, I worked afternoon shift today.. Glad u had a good day,

Cheers

Archived