KEARNEY LEGION - WINTER KITCHEN

Giddy UP

KEARNEY LEGION - WINTER KITCHEN - OPEN!  LICENSED!

Just another great spot for a drop in for food and a beer in Kearney! 

After some debate - it was decided to open the Winter Kitchen once again for the Snowmobilers!!!  

Kitchen hours are:  Fridays 12 noon to 10 pm and Saturday 12 noon to 5 pm Bar also opens at 12 noon CHEAP BEER!  

Right off D Trail - Follow Patton Road to Park Road (signs posted to Legion)

:icon_munching:

Wildbill once guided us there. Thanks Giddy Up.

we always miss their meals,cause we ride mid-wk.heard its local ladies making to die for food...& will bill is right (specially after fantino bs) we owe them our good way of life...to start

yes....they almost closed this Branch in December.  They were not going to open the kitchen this winter as they don't make alot of money doing it unfortunately.  However, they are open - it is run by the local ladies on a volunteer basis.  Cheap beer - I think it's $3.25?  Usually soup and chili as well as other stuff on the menu I think.  

They are not open Sundays - only Friday and Saturday.

It's always a good thing to support the local Legion :D

All, I was in Kearney on Saturday (around 1:45pm) and it was an absolute Zoo.  Suds on Main had well over 50+ sleds, Iron Skillet was jammed so we remembered the legion.  WOW, what a great spot.  It was busy too but more than enough space to accommodate our group of 4.  The prices were great and the food was excellent too.  The volunteer staff was friendly and hospitable.

I would highly recommend supporting the Legion.  As Giddy Up posted, they almost closed, they are riding on hope right now.  They had to shell out big $ because their furnace died.  Their back up generator is in need of repairs (although a sledder offered to fix it for the cost of parts) and it sounds like they are going to need septic work too.  

Anything us sledders can do to support them would be greatly appreciated by them.

Great spot, always go there when in Kearney. Tons of rooms. 3$ for a hot dog, 4$ for a hamburger, super cheap food! 

All, I was in Kearney on Saturday (around 1:45pm) and it was an absolute Zoo.  Suds on Main had well over 50+ sleds, Iron Skillet was jammed so we remembered the legion.  WOW, what a great spot.  It was busy too but more than enough space to accommodate our group of 4.  The prices were great and the food was excellent too.  The volunteer staff was friendly and hospitable.

I would highly recommend supporting the Legion.  As Giddy Up posted, they almost closed, they are riding on hope right now.  They had to shell out big $ because their furnace died.  Their back up generator is in need of repairs (although a sledder offered to fix it for the cost of parts) and it sounds like they are going to need septic work too.  

Anything us sledders can do to support them would be greatly appreciated by them.

Funny I was at the skillet atound 11:30 and got a table no problem. I was only sledder in the place. Suds at main had a pile of sleds. Still lots of people don't know where it is. Was there Friday night too and getting a seat wasn't an issue, food was great along with the service!

Good Post

All, I was in Kearney on Saturday (around 1:45pm) and it was an absolute Zoo. Suds on Main had well over 50+ sleds, Iron Skillet was jammed so we remembered the legion. WOW, what a great spot. It was busy too but more than enough space to accommodate our group of 4. The prices were great and the food was excellent too. The volunteer staff was friendly and hospitable.

I would highly recommend supporting the Legion. As Giddy Up posted, they almost closed, they are riding on hope right now. They had to shell out big $ because their furnace died. Their back up generator is in need of repairs (although a sledder offered to fix it for the cost of parts) and it sounds like they are going to need septic work too.

They had a great Saturday last weekend....sold out of a bunch of stuff! Thank you to all that went in to support them......we want them to succeed as they have been struggling financially. Between the Legion AND The Iron Skillet.... Kearney is blessed to have great places to enjoyable good meal!

They had a great Saturday last weekend....sold out of a bunch of stuff! Thank you to all that went in to support them......we want them to succeed as they have been struggling financially. Between the Legion AND The Iron Skillet.... Kearney is blessed to have great places to enjoyable good meal!

I was there at 1140am Saturday the legion was empty. Only person in it

Archived