Wed Jan 21 riding from Gravenhurst

Blake G

Fire242 and I will be departing from Gull Lake Rotary Park in Gravenhurst on Wednesday at 9:00 a.m., planning to return about 3:00 p.m.

Not sure which direction we will head, as there may be a few options - - depending on how grooming progresses over the next two nights. Going up D makes a lot of sense; as mid-week running conditions would likely be mint. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind heading up Mactier way, to scout out the proposed route of our Two-Club ride with 02sled and Baxter on Saturday.

Other OC'ers are welcome to come along, as always, on the Wednesday or Saturday trip. Or both!

Pt Sydney and Bracebridge Sno-Bombers groomed last night, Looked nice this morn on way by in truckĀ 

That's what we like to hear.

Hey Blake.Ā  Are you riding on Thursday at all?Ā  We need to get some riding in.Ā  Therefore we were thinking of going up on Wednesday, but I am not sure what time we would be there.Ā  Maybe we will see you on your way back Wednesday.Ā  Unless you are riding on Thursday.Ā  Do you know if Sparrow lake is staked yet?Ā  If not we will have to trailer to Gull Lake.

What is the status of parking overnight at gull lake. Also heading up on Thursday and thinking of riding to Kearny for the night and back on Friday.

What is the status of parking overnight at gull lake. Also heading up on Thursday and thinking of riding to Kearny for the night and back on Friday.

Still okay if you are talking about Gull Lake in Gravenhurst.Ā  I will try and find the post from our president about it for you.

The Town of Gravenhurst Chief Bylaw Officer was surprised the OPP was involved. He advised in the future, to get the officers name and #. As far as the town is concerned, it is still a snowmobile staging area and there is no issue with overnight parking. If you have any problems in the future, please contact Snowcrest Riders, and they will assist.Ā  This is from our Club President in another post earlier this month.

I took this photo of the sign at Gull Lake Rotary Park five days ago.

post-22473-0-48560700-1421727675_thumb.jpg

Snowcrest volunteers have the drilling equipment in the Kahshe Lake area because it seemed to be freezing up better than Sparrow. Kahshe Crew did the Trail D / B stake line, but decided not to do the Trail 4 Kahshe stake line because the ice conditions were not yet 100 percent on that part of the lake. I would have to think that Sparrow would be staked as soon as possible after the completion of Kahshe. The stake crews may be weekenders, so I predict that Sparrow will not be staked this week.

Thanks, than looks like we will depart from Gull Lake for a little while.

Thank-you Blake. Looks like I can start there Thursday and return Friday.

Hey Guys

I was out last night riding from Bracebridge to Huntsville and Back. The Bracebridge and Port Sydney trails were freshly groomed. Once I passed the low tunnel under hwy 11, the trails were still smooth, but the rain on Sunday turned them into ice, and my snowmobile kept overheating. Once I returned to Port Sydney, though, along trail 50, the overheating stopped, plus I was running off the side of the trail a little bit so that I could get more snow on my tracks.

Fire242 and I will be departing from Gull Lake Rotary Park in Gravenhurst on Wednesday at 9:00 a.m., planning to return about 3:00 p.m.

Not sure which direction we will head, as there may be a few options - - depending on how grooming progresses over the next two nights. Going up D makes a lot of sense; as mid-week running conditions would likely be mint. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind heading up Mactier way, to scout out the proposed route of our Two-Club ride with 02sled and Baxter on Saturday.

Other OC'ers are welcome to come along, as always, on the Wednesday or Saturday trip. Or both!

The area you will be travelling on the Snowcrest C101D from Gull Lk Park to Snowcrest D to Kilty Switch was groomed last night. I just checked it out this afternoon, and it looks great! Ā 

I ran up D as far as the highway underpass at Port Sydney this morning and it was great. Rock hard at 9 a.m. but good going. Softened up quite a bit by noon and even better going.

Hey Guys

I was out last night riding from Bracebridge to Huntsville and Back. The Bracebridge and Port Sydney trails were freshly groomed. Once I passed the low tunnel under hwy 11, the trails were still smooth, but the rain on Sunday turned them into ice, and my snowmobile kept overheating. Once I returned to Port Sydney, though, along trail 50, the overheating stopped, plus I was running off the side of the trail a little bit so that I could get more snow on my tracks.

The Etecs have a cooling flaw. First flaw is air gets trapped in the system. Have to raise front end up, remove cap, start sled and add coolant as it requires it. I added about 400 mls to my system this way. Second flaw is no heat exchanger in nose cone like other manufactures, need ice scratchers to ride at night.

good point vr700...its ice scratcher time...

Archived