TRAIL CLOSURE! District 8 Top C at Elmvale

Bearcat_w

Effective Friday Jan. 16, the Sno Voyageurs Top C trail will be closed north of County Rd. 92 in Elmvale up to the intersection of the C/416:

Top C Trail Closure R

Snowmobilers must detour East along trails 416, 415 & the B trail or West along the 301, 601 & the B trail to bypass Elmvale.

Top C Detour R

This closure is a direct result of snowmobilers riding off trail. In spite of our constant reminders, sledders continue to run in areas that are not marked OFSC trails. Clubs are in a constant battle with landowners to maintain the trail system, but there is only so much we can do when yahoos insist on ignoring the rules.

Our club has a strong STOP presence and has invested a lot of money in information/warning signs to remind sledders to stay off private property. Every season we have issues that we must resolve with landowners. Sledders must be aware that we ride with permission on approved trails, not as a God given right.

We are endeavoring to develop a detour around the affected section of trail, but it's always difficult to make these sorts of changes in season.

Logo Letter Header 2014

Wow.... Been on that section a few times. Sorry to hear. Especially considering the work you guys out into landowner relationships.

Thanks Bearcat for passing on the message. I hope people will one day figure it out.

WOW, that's a hell of a reroute because of idiots... Really sucks and sorry to hear about this, hopefully they can rework something out of next year. 

WOW, that's a hell of a reroute because of idiots... Really sucks and sorry to hear about this, hopefully they can rework something out of next year. 

This is a section of trail that is on private land that is not part of the rail trail. Tough area to reroute with the hwy right there.

sorry to hear this,but bound to happen with uneducated or careless riders full of piss & vinegar....imagine you are pullin your hair out right now reved.

This is a section of trail that is on private land that is not part of the rail trail. Tough area to reroute with the hwy right there.

Geez, I just can't believe how IGNORANT some people are.  Sucks for us, but REALLY sucks for you guys and the club.  All the hard work and time put into the trail and some idiot ruins it.  Damn it anyways.  I always loved going into Elmvale for fuel and food.  Those trails are always soooooooooooo AWESOME.  Keep up the good work guys.  Really feel for the landowner also.

Way beyond time for easier and much higher $ tresspass charges. IMHO this is the only way to stop these idiots before it gets any worse. I feel bad for the club volunteers in this situation.

Probably stand up riders texting,riding dads sled with retard spelled on there forehead.

Asshats for sure,a fellow bought a big field on 32 trail here in BB , built a house right were the trail was, Snow bombers moved trail to the back of his property as landowner said he would give it a try this year , the same asshats will be on his lawn and tile bed for sure,so consider this one gone next season,its a feeder trail that ends on lk muskoka 

Ooops....just saw this post - I also started a topic on this as well ....you beat me to it Bearcat!  LOL

Effective Friday Jan. 16, the Sno Voyageurs Top C trail will be closed north of County Rd. 92 in Elmvale up to the intersection of the C/416:

Snowmobilers must detour East along trails 416, 415 & the B trail or West along the 301, 601 & the B trail to bypass Elmvale.

This closure is a direct result of snowmobilers riding off trail. In spite of our constant reminders, sledders continue to run in areas that are not marked OFSC trails. Clubs are in a constant battle with landowners to maintain the trail system, but there is only so much we can do when yahoos insist on ignoring the rules.

Our club has a strong STOP presence and has invested a lot of money in information/warning signs to remind sledders to stay off private property. Every season we have issues that we must resolve with landowners. Sledders must be aware that we ride with permission on approved trails, not as a God given right.

We are endeavoring to develop a detour around the affected section of trail, but it's always difficult to make these sorts of changes in season.

wow... sad indeed that a few idiots can ruin it for everyone else and disregard the hard work done by the volunteers to try and keep the trail open. They will likely be the most outspoken to complain about the trail being closed and likely say... I don't care and ride through there regardless. It would be nice to see them get hit with a few charges by the OPP if they continue to ride the closed trail.

Rode through there yesterday and they had a detour right through town. Kudos to the club getting that together in such short order. However, I doubt the neighbourhood will tolerate it for long.

The club is going to be working on a reroute this Sat to get through the this season. I hope everybody will stay on the trail this time.

The club is going to be working on a reroute this Sat to get through the this season. I hope everybody will stay on the trail this time.

scott,back is sore but I coming out with son & lily to help...probably get in your way but you gotta be burnt out from trail prep....you & club have done a great job to secure a re-route so quickly,even after tresspassers screwed up your original plan that had been in place for yrs...you guys don't give up...& see all sno-voyageurs trails are groomed to best of snow conditions...thx

scott,back is sore but I coming out with son & lily to help...probably get in your way but you gotta be burnt out from trail prep....you & club have done a great job to secure a re-route so quickly,even after tresspassers screwed up your original plan that had been in place for yrs...you guys don't give up...& see all sno-voyageurs trails are groomed to best of snow conditions...thx

The wife has been going though a fight with the C word, so I haven't been around too much to help out this season. 

Reved  I wish you and your wife all the best in this struggle.

The wife has been going though a fight with the C word, so I haven't been around too much to help out this season.

so sorry to hear that scott,with you by her side is the best medicine.hope things get better...

Thanks guys

X2

Nunz

Good luck and God bless

OMG I am so sorry to hear of this.  Our thoughts are with you both every day.  Keep your chin up!!

Wow you are so correct about the club.  Thanks WD for all your help also.  As a rider I really appreciate all the work everyone is able to put into the trail system.

Great news that the club has found a reroute this year.  That is FABULOUS!!!  Hopefully everyone respects it!

Archived