Lake conditions? 2015

apex_gt

Still too early in my opinion. One of our club directors shoveled the snow off his Lake Muskoka boat house roof last weekend, and the falling snow broke through the ice. I did see a sled track on Gull Lake last week, but it wasn't mine, that's for sure.

Pm domino, he should have a report!

We have been running Kahshe since New Years Eve day.  At that time we found 5"-6" in various spots.  It is thin at the narrows near Oak Rd but we are running it also. We plan on staking today or tomorrow.

Head Lake in Haliburton was staked when I drove back on friday and lots of tracks on Lake of Bays out of dwight beach (there was open water Jan 2) but no stakes.

Was -30 on Tuesday when we headed out and been around -15 all week, going down to minus twenty something last night, so I'm figuring lots of stuff should be getting staked real soon.

does not mean that it is safe I usually wait to see the trucks on it. Too many currents in bays 

X2 , Lake joe is NOT a good one to experiment with 

Does anyone have an ETA on Muldrew Lake - Sparrow lake trail opening? Or a little insight into the reason for delay.

Unsafe ice conditions on lakes and swamps until today. This is also why Kashe Lk trail 4 section could not be staked last weekend. We are making progress now and groomers will be hitting these areas as early as tomorrow. Today, North & South Muldrew as well as McLeans Bay were staked.  

I'm a newbie to this site, I think it's great, my cottage is right across from trail 4 in grants bay , this is a great way to get information, this will be my second year snowmobiling,

Thanks to all the people at snowcrest riders.

Chris

Welcome to the forum.  Watch out for the mouse and the monkey.  They are both in your area :-)

I'm a newbie to this site, I think it's great, my cottage is right across from trail 4 in grants bay , this is a great way to get information, this will be my second year snowmobiling,

Thanks to all the people at snowcrest riders.

Chris

Hi Chris, the trail down Grants Bay will be stake this weekend. Are you the place with the large hockey rink out front?

no, if its the same place that had the rink last year, it was on the road side, half way down the channel,  I'm further down on the east side when you reach the actual bay, heading up sunday morning, first ride :drool2:

Have fun Chris, see on the lake at some point I am sure.

On the agenda for tomorrow....

Kahshe lake was a little rough,  but all staked, did 70 km on Sunday (first ride) :hyper:

Then blew a piston :Drinking2:

Kahshe lake was a little rough,  but all staked, did 70 km on Sunday (first ride) :hyper:

Then blew a piston :Drinking2:

A group of us led by BlakeG did Kahshe Lake and Three Mile Lake on Saturday. Three mile Lake was not staked but you can follow the tracks. Kahshe lake was staked but slushy with water/snow mix for a bit. Visited Summerland General Store.   Really awesome trail south of Gravenhurst.

Sorry to read about your sled.... most dealers will try to get you back on the trails as fast as possible.

2 pistons

2 cylinders

1 crank

engine gone

new engine here tomorrow

back on the trails next weekend

Archived