Progress in Bruce / Grey

Hello again Faceman.  I see there is progress coming out of Wiarton, Southampton and Owen Sound.  How are you guys and Sauble looking inbetwee6n for the coming weekend?

Would you be willing to make a prediction ?

Staking is B@#%ch down here in D5 at the moment.  We are trying hard to get something open limited for the weekend. 

Who sang that song..Everybody workin for the weekend. Should be GTG

Lol,,,good one Faceman!

Hope to get up that way this wknd if trails materialize,,and if the wife isn't called in to work.

I will be in Sauble late Friday night Firecat7 with some buds.  One guy is actually coming from Guelph too.  He also has a place there.  He is a member of Hillsburgh club. 

And Fantastic news Faceman. 

Who sang that song..Everybody workin for the weekend. Should be GTG

Any word on Sauble or Grey Bruce East or how to find out?  Most D9 clubs seem to get posted in FB under ofsc D9 but can be vague. 

Be at peace . Sauble/Wiarton has a re-route on the B108 now running the bottom end of Boat Lake. You ask my friend I tell.

Trail to Cobble Beach/Bass Lake loop gone by by. Land owner issue that the Pope couldn't resolve. So much winter wheat around with sketchy snow has lead to trails being moved all over the place. Friggen nightmare.

Southampton is now open I believe but further south is hit and miss. Saw some stuff today around Walkerton that was nasty.

Nice an cold , wet should go frozen which will help

Be at peace . Sauble/Wiarton has a re-route on the B108 now running the bottom end of Boat Lake. You ask my friend I tell.

Trail to Cobble Beach/Bass Lake loop gone by by. Land owner issue that the Pope couldn't resolve. So much winter wheat around with sketchy snow has lead to trails being moved all over the place. Friggen nightmare.

Southampton is now open I believe but further south is hit and miss. Saw some stuff today around Walkerton that was nasty.

Thanks Randy.  That trail around boat lake was always prone to flooding.  Maybe the reroute will help.  Interactive still shows it going between boat and spry lake, but no big deal.  That's a shame about bass lake trail.  Always good to go around wheat as last year there was sooooooo much around our club and the winter lasted so long we had to pony up $18 G in crop damage, (yes you read that number right, and considering we did our best to get around it, pretty scary)

I guess the wind last week must have blown away the snow.  I though your area had a lot.   That may be why the B trail from Meaford over to Pretty River is still red. (blown clean)

Wow! Was it just damaged on the trail? The freeze thaw cycle, plus super cold temps at times killed winter wheat. Ontario had 25 percent of all winter wheat ploughed under in the spring. We lost 25 percent of ours too, since one field wasn't worth saving. Insurance paid replanting costs, and we coverted that field to soybeans.

Hi Randy what about intersection 48 to 123 to 125 . It's the other direction running away from the Bass Loop it get's riders over and onto the Owen Sound rail line , thanks . 

No idea. It was my understanding its a lack of volunteer issue. If you need a contact name etc to help out send me a PM

It always amazes me all the good people that make a difference in this sport 

We sure do love it don't we. Hell, otherwise I'd have to sit on the couch, hold Mother Natures hand and watch god knows what on TV.

Hey London, It doesn't look too promising for the Sauble area this wknd unless they change from red to yellow today/nite. Think we may just drop in Markdale and run up through Owensound E towards Sauble and c what happens,,where abouts do u stay when in Sauble?

I stay at my parents place which is behind where the go cart track used to be.  Other guy from Guelph has a place just of D line.

I am heading there late this afternoon / evening.  I will take my computer if anyone wants to contact me via PM.  also cell is 519-495-5145 text or call is ok.

I am gambling that things go at least yellow, but if necessary I can find some roads with snow to get down to Southampton or on to Grey Bruce East trails.

Wow, trail all the way to Tobermory just went yellow.  I hear the penninsula has loads of snow.  Sauble too.  I grew up riding this area of D9 from Owen Sound to Sauble and Wiarton.  Its in my heart. 

Wow, trail all the way to Tobermory just went yellow.  I hear the penninsula has loads of snow.  Sauble too.  I grew up riding this area of D9 from Owen Sound to Sauble and Wiarton.  Its in my heart. 

LondonCalling make sure you give me an accurate report with pics for proof.  LOL  Seriously I would like to know how the trails are in the areas you have mentioned.  I have a brother in  Ayton and a sister in Wiarton.  One sleds, the other one doesn't.  Would be cool to visit both in one day.  Thanks. and be safe.

I'm starting in Mitchell and heading north instead of trailering all the way to Sauble.  It wont be as good I'm sure but its close.

Just got a text from my  buddy in Sauble and he says it took him an hr to blow the driveway.  Lots of snow he said.

I honestly dont know how to post pics to this forum.  I often post to facebook because my phone can send them straight there. 

I will comment.  I remember the good old days in the 70s and 80s seeing hundreds of sleds at the stoney keppel shack (which has been moved)  Trail doesnt go through where it used to years ago..

Have a good safe ride today London,,we are trailering to Markdale and headed to Sauble now that they r open,my parents also have a cottage up there on the southside so will go and check it out and prolly have lunch and head back.

I rode from Mitchell to Harriston and back.  Simply put it was nice to start the ride within an hr of home.  How was it you ask, well, I'm going back tomorrow.  Gambling rain is avoided an hr north of London.  No rain in London yet.  Specifics, now you want specifics.  Well trails range from 4/10 to 7/10     A fair number of bare spots in fields where its high ground or very open, and the bush is pretty thin.  I don't think it took too much of a toll on the body or the sled though. 

My buddy rode from Sauble today and said Sauble was 8/10, (must be high traffic coming up railbed to Owen Sound as he said it was 4/10 as was a lot of the bush.  Fields he said 8/10, (there is a lttle more bush to keep some of the snow from blowing all the way through fields up that way.  I noticed it too starting about 40 km north of Mitchell. 

Left from Markdale this morning,very windy and chilly on the railbed but trail fairly smooth,took Owensound east into the Sauble area,,all trails were in good shape and decently groomed with the snow they have there,,,railbed was a different story on the way back to Markdale as usual.

Would do this again tomorrow if I wasn't busy.

Thanks guys.  Great info there.  Now I just have to hope they get some more cold and snow early this week and I might be able to get out on the trails Wednesday or Thursday.   Fingers are crossed.

Thanks guys.  Great info there.  Now I just have to hope they get some more cold and snow early this week and I might be able to get out on the trails Wednesday or Thursday.   Fingers are crossed.

good luck

I am going to Kearny! At lest they have snow I here. Was really mild today and some snow was lost.

Archived