trail conditions from Pembroke to Deep River?

Any recent reports on the A trail from Pembroke to Deep River and beyond?  I see it is yellow.  But is it yellow should be red or yellow could be green or just plain old yellow?

Anyone recent reports on the A trail from Pembroke to Deep River and beyond?  I see it is yellow.  But is it yellow should be red or yellow could be green or just plain old yellow?

the ambiguity in this system of trail conditions is annoying 

Can't say all the way to Deep River but we rode from Mattawa to Stonecliff Sat Sun & Mon and the trails were very good. Could use some more snow but very fun ride. Saw the groomer in Stonecliff then again in Deux Rivieres. Even did the loop from Deux Riviers to almost Bissett Creet which still shows Red but had just been groomed then turned back due to time of day and one sled acting up a bit.

The groomers are doing a fantastic job.

Did the A-trail from Deep River to Harvey Lake (club line) plus the trail 131, was not bad at all with the amount of snow we have.  Its snowing now so hopefully we get a few inches over night.

Hey, contemplating trailering to Pembroke and going to Barry's Bay and back or trailering to Chalk River and going North/ west from there and back. Any recommendations for this Saturday? Thanks.

Shawn

Did the A-trail from Deep River to Harvey Lake (club line) plus the trail 131, was not bad at all with the amount of snow we have.  Its snowing now so hopefully we get a few inches over night.

Thanks, KCC...I'm watching this yellow Deep River-to-Pembroke section closely as well, since I am leading a small group on a RAP tour the latter part of next week.

Where exactly is Harvey Lake?...north or south of Deep River? 

Harvey Lake is about 8km west of Rolphton, its the club boundary with Missing Link Club.  The TOPS A-trail from about 5 kms east of Chalk River to about 8 kms west of Deep River is limited.  Groomers have been out most days grooming the trail, but this area has not received as much snow as west of Deep River.  We did receive about 2 inches of snow last night so it will help a little bit. If you take your time and watch its fine but if you plan on blasting through remember its only limited!  It's starting to snow again, which is a good sign.  I will keep you posted as the week goes on.  I cannot speak on how the trail is from there to Pembroke, as I have not gone that way.

Archived