Snowcrest Weekend Group Rides 2015

Blake G

Hello Blake, trying to get back up there, but Marriott is booked again on the 28th. Are you doing a ride on Mar. 7, if so let me know. I will book now, and i have until Mar. 5 to cancel, if nothing is going on. Thanks.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Terry. As far as I know we will be having a ride on March 7. Here is a link to the online spreadsheet that is also accessible from the Snowcrest web site.

It would be great to see you up this way again, so if you can book now and then keep an eye on this OC thread and the spreadsheet, you should be up to speed with our plans.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yAvrOJNB2N25Ue-eJlzyv0Upsd8T43-rlWjpEoygifI/edit#gid=0

Thanks Blake. Booked a room for Mar. 7. Will keep an eye on site to see what ride you guys plan.

BlakeG......is March 7th weekend ride still on with another Snowmobile Club?  I believe you mentioned it before.

Just trying to decide where I'm riding that weekend.

Cheers.

Ty

The combined ride with Snowcrest and Baxter is tomorrow. We are going to Bass Lake Roadhouse. Snowcrest is leaving from the wharf and Baxter is leaving from The Bressette House (local tourism office) on Lone Pine Rd. exit 156 off the 400. (C Trail) at 9:30. We will meet up at C & C101D around 10:45 - 11:00.

look forward to seeing you again Ty... Canuck is coming as well.

Just to clarify, the Snowcrest group is leaving the Wharf at 945 to arrive at the meeting place for 1045.

I was at Bass Lake Road House today with White Dragon, Bill the Magician, and Bill's son. There were thirty sleds parked out front at lunch time. There will be a higher number tomorrow. I talked with the server about our group ride, and she recommended that we get to the restaurant between 11 and 12 to have a better chance of getting acceptable service. We should be able to meet that timeline if we manage to meet at 1045 or even a few minutes ealier.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the Wharf for 945 departure, and the Baxter group at the junction for 1045.

Hello Blake, have you decided on a route for Mar. 7. Let me know or i'll check spreadsheet for any updates. Thanks. Terry.

Forecast is for a sunny day with a high of minus 7. Should be perfect for our Snowcrest and Baxter ride.

Forecast is for a sunny day with a high of minus 7. Should be perfect for our Snowcrest and Baxter ride.

lots of pics blakes,have a great ride guys

Here's a picture of most of the crowd from today's two-club ride. OC'ers on the trip included 02Sled, Souper Dave, Canuck, Yamaha Fan, AlBoK, CAT-chu-later, Blake G.

post-22473-0-47440100-1425177333_thumb.jpg

Snowcrest group arrived at meeting place early:

post-22473-0-50158900-1425178311_thumb.jpg

Getting ready to leave Bass Lake after lunch:

post-22473-0-10086400-1425178355_thumb.jpg

Gathered at the end to say good bye:

post-22473-0-22688900-1425178381_thumb.jpg

02Sled is the good-looking one. The other one kept stopping sleds, checking for butter tarts.

Looks like a great time. It's nice to see 2 clubs riding together.

Looks like a great time had by all

Looks like a great time had by all

Great job by the organizers for both clubs. Thank you to everyone that participated. Sorry I can't ride this year. Looks like I missed a fun time.

Awesome Blake! 

02Sled is the good-looking one. The other one kept stopping sleds, checking for butter tarts.

great group shots,looks like everyone had a good time

Awesome Blake!

you just get out of the bighouse or what ?

You got butter tarts and didn't share!!!!!

Great trip, weather, trail conditions and even more important great people. 17 sleds made the trip. I think this should become an annual event. For Baxter it was 140 km round trip.

Thanks to Blake for leading the way from our meet up point and being the videographer.

Apparently we also need to thank Ravinerat. We had a Cat get stuck when it decided to explore off the trail. It seems that the method of rolling the sled to one side and pushing snow under the track then rolling it to the other side and doing the same works real well.

So just driving around the trails wearing a trail patrol vest. That sort of thing (like Arsenio Hall used to say) always makes me want to go "hmmmmm".

You will often find that just being out there with the vest is a deterrent to those who don't have permits. They will often turn around and go the other way when they see you coming. If there are enough TP out there in an area and they make it awkward enough that they have to keep turning around they will either ride somewhere else or pony up for a pass. Coming home I saw 6 other TP vests on Baxter trails that were riding with other people and I didn't recognize any of them. I know all of the Baxter TP.

Archived