Snowcrest Weekend Group Rides 2015

Blake G

Here's an amateurish clip of yesterday's club ride. I am just learning how to use a GoPro camera. More lessons needed....

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who has the orange flag...

Yours truly. I tried putting a Snowcrest decal on it, but it blew off the first time I rode across a lake. I also have a different style red flag on a shorter pole for my other sled. Trying two different kinds to see which works best. The tall orange one would be good for a tail gunner to have on any group ride because it would help the lead rider see the last sled in the line. Or maybe I just need glasses.

I was riding with Grizzly Griff a few days ago. He was following me at one point, and he later said the flag was useful for helping him gauge the size of the dips in the trail ahead. I also think it might be a good visibility marker when sledding through the twisty trails. So far I don't see any down side to having a flag.

Hey Blake and yamaha fan, were you guys sore this morning. I could barely move. Home now, relaxing on couch. Probably be back up there in a couple of weeks for another ride. Lake run from the Marriott was a blast. Nice and smooth.

Nope, I was good. I've been out quite a few times this season, so the tired and sore muscles were worse a few weeks ago. I look forward to seeing you up this way again.

Here's an amateurish clip of yesterday's club ride. I am just learning how to use a GoPro camera. More lessons needed....

nice little vid,i believe the orange flag has something to do with the sleds weight or size....like you see on the hi-way with flag\pilot vehicles

Yep. Need a fog horn too. The Titanic must have had one.

Hey Blake and yamaha fan, were you guys sore this morning. I could barely move. Home now, relaxing on couch. Probably be back up there in a couple of weeks for another ride. Lake run from the Marriott was a blast. Nice and smooth.

Last night when I got home I was a bit stiff but woke up this morning feeling fine.

Should have spent more time on the lake. I enjoyed the ride to the marina.

Thanks and cheers.

So, is the weekend ride to Walker's Point - Pancake Breakfast on the 31st Jan still on?  I was thinking of doing another ride this weekend.

Cheers.

Ty

Yes, It's still on!! Blake will be leading a group at 10:00am from the Residence Inn 

And we expect to have at least one other group, which will leave the Wharf at 930 and take C101D and 12 to the Walker's Point Community Centre. We have not yet figured out who will be leading that group....

Due to the current conditions of C trail from the intersection of C & B105 Baxter won't be able to meet up with our friends from Snowcrest this weekend as planned. We look forward to rescheduling once we get more snow.

02Sled, when we figure out the alternate date, perhaps we should consider Glen Orchard General Store as a possible destination, as we discussed.

Hey Blake G

I am going to try and make it for the 10am ride on Saturday. See you there.

Mike

That's great, Mike.

This Saturday is one of the long established "special" rides - - to the Walker's Point Community Centre for Pancake Breakfast. Fairly short ride of under sixty kms, and there will be a few dozen sleds. A great opportunity to meet some OC'ers. There will be a few of us there for sure.

Greetings Blake, Yahama Fan, Torched et al. After listening to the table chatter about this forum on our rides lunch break thought we would join up.

Again had a great ride last saturday, will be back again. This new snow looks promissing alas we have a Euker Party to attend to with friends or

Jackie and I would be back up this Saturday.

See a little complaining here about sore backs and all. As you know Jackie bore the brunt on the 2up and she hasnt complained a bit juss sayin!

Maybe its just these super comfy TZ1's we ride eh Blake? Anyways we look forward to pics and posts here and on FB.

Safe Riding and see you again soon folks!

A&J

post-23882-0-98125700-1422590468_thumb.jpg

post-23882-0-98914700-1422590708_thumb.jpg

Looking good, Art and Jackie. Welcome to the OC site! Through these forums you will meet plenty of nice people, and a few old grumps. LOL

I think i'm going to make the drive up for your weekly ride Blake. Probably see you in the morning.

Sounds great Terry. Leaving the Wharf at 10 heading for pancake breakfast. There will be several OC members in the crowd. See you soon.

Change of plans Blake. Brother called, seen Lindsay trails went green. Going to check them out tomorrow instead. Hope to get back up to Gravenhurst again, wife liked the Marriott. Have a good ride tomorrow.

Right on, thetorches. Will catch up with you next time. Ride safely.

So, how was the ride to Walker's Point, and pancake breakfast. Should have made the trip up there instead of to Lindsay, no way trails should have been green. Were same or better three weeks ago. Oh well, got in about 120 km's, nice to get out anyway.

So, how was the ride to Walker's Point, and pancake breakfast. Should have made the trip up there instead of to Lindsay, no way trails should have been green. Were same or better three weeks ago. Oh well, got in about 120 km's, nice to get out anyway.

Ride from the wharf to the breakfast was as good as anyone could possibly hope for, great condition crossing the lake and the trails. Couldn't have asked for better. Don't know all the places Blake took us after that but they were a mix of great to good especially for after noon on a Saturday...

Sure glad I trailered from Port Severn to Gravenhurst to meet up with everyone for the event.

Our fourth weekly club ride is departing tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. from Muskoka Wharf. It will be a fairly short 80 km round trip down Trail 15 via Sparrow Lake to Trail 4 then east through Severn Bridge to Kahshe Lake. From there we will visit Summerland Store for a snack break. Regular gas is available at that location. Riders are welcome to join us enroute, or to join us for a while and then go separate ways.

Lots of restaurants on the trail in Gravenhurst if people are hungry or thirsty after the ride. All are welcome to come along. A low key affair.

I'll be riding a black Arctic Cat touring sled, with an orange flag for identification.

Hope to see some OC'ers on tomorrow's ride as well as our later rides!

Click the link to see our Weekly Ride Schedule:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yAvrOJNB2N25Ue-eJlzyv0Upsd8T43-rlWjpEoygifI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

post-22473-0-32359500-1423270993_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty going on in Gravenhurst this weekend at the Winter Carnival. There are numerous Carnival events going on around town, including the annual radar runs, helicopter rides, puddle jumping, demolition derby, monster truck event, lots of food, and more. As part of the Carnival, Snowcrest is sponsoring a "show and shine" display of vintage sleds on Saturday, February 21, at Gull Lake.

http://snowcrestriders.com/events-2

Our next group ride will be the following Saturday, February 28th. It will be a "two-club ride" in conjunction with our friends from the Baxter Snow Riders including 02Sled. We will be leaving Muskoka Wharf at 930 and meeting the Baxter group at the junction of C and C102D about an hour later, and then working our way to the Bass Lake RoadHouse. Anyone is welcome to set out with us from the Wharf. No need to be an actual Snowcrest member. LOL All are welcome.

Archived