Parking in Shelburne or Dundalk.

Dave K

Where are some spots to park there?  Might head out tomorrow for a little run if the weather stops blowing as much as it it right now.

I believe there is a parking area off of John St. The ATV club has it listed as an parking area for the trails.

Good to know, I might head out there as well

Up my way it's been a 3 day snowstorm. We have well better than two feet, probably three. Another foot plus to come. Rode the 380 LT around my back 40 at lunch, I've been packing my trail every day all week but it was still like a loaded down boat plowing thru the water.

Drove around the area the last few days, Northern Grey, Bruce and up the Peninsula got/is getting hammered. There is no shortage of snow anywhere up here.

Some stuff up here is open, lots more should open up next week if staking etc gets done,

Next weekend should be good to go for lots of trail.

If you're planning a "for sure ride", the Northern sections of D9 is a very safe bet.

Up my way it's been a 3 day snowstorm. We have well better than two feet, probably three. Another foot plus to come. Rode the 380 LT around my back 40 at lunch, I've been packing my trail every day all week but it was still like a loaded down boat plowing thru the water.

Drove around the area the last few days, Northern Grey, Bruce and up the Peninsula got/is getting hammered. There is no shortage of snow anywhere up here.

Some stuff up here is open, lots more should open up next week if staking etc gets done,

Next weekend should be good to go for lots of trail.

If you're planning a "for sure ride", the Northern sections of D9 is a very safe

http://were is up my way?

How low is it the snow from shelburne??  Just thinking of heading there tomorrow and would like some info from someone from the area.  Thanks for any advice guys!!!! Oh ya is the groomer shed easy to see for parking if i do go there????

Heard so many people ran it and snow is light, imagine it is down to gravel. We haven't had packing snow yet, just fluffy stuff.

Rode this area last night and it is not good. This area needs more snow plain and simple. Head further north until things improve down here.

Rode this area last night and it is not good. This area needs more snow plain and simple. Head further north until things improve down here.

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the info.

Why would they turn the trails yellow on the interactive map if there's hardly any snow?

A buddy of mine went to wasaga then up to midland yesterday and said the trails were great!

Why would they turn the trails yellow on the interactive map if there's hardly any snow?

Near us, one of the clubs trail boss also fixes sleds.  If trails aren't open, people cant ride.  If they can ride, they need repairs, especially in marginal conditions.

So he opens the trails early so he gets business? That's kinda shady....just my opinion tho

X2^^^

Off topic a bit, but do you guys have any idea when some trails on the Bruce peninsula could open? Around Hepworth or Wiarton?

Should be very soon.

There is no shortage of snow, probably too much lol.

Staking and trail maintenance will be the tough part.

ATV is not an option at this point.

Can only carry so many stakes and signs in the tobbogan

Near us, one of the clubs trail boss also fixes sleds.  If trails aren't open, people cant ride.  If they can ride, they need repairs, especially in marginal conditions.

Must be nice..ish.

Most of the businesses around here that directly benefit do nothing to open trails.

Some in fact, openly complain that there isn't a seamless ribbon of white to their door.

Drove from home to Cambridge and back today. Two different routes.

Snow does not start to get decent until north of Durham and North of around Teviotdale.

I wouldn't even bother dropping from shelburne. Still way to thin. Dundalk has a little more snow. It really starts getting good from the B111.

Archived