Parking in Shelburne or Dundalk.

Dave K

I dunno what's goin on... But shelburne just went green. Lol. Unless they got a foot of snow in the last 2. Days.... Don't believe it.

Clicked on this thread to post what Cat just did.   Maybe they raped the hockey arenas and parking lots ? 

Thanks! I have family in ugenia near the lake, just of the B111 trail. I should see what is up!

Clicked on this thread to post what Cat just did.   Maybe they raped the hockey arenas and parking lots ?

Hahaha... Who knows whats goin on up there.

Hahaha... Who knows whats goin on up there.

Yeah seems strange.  Get mixed reports on this.  I dropped in on sunday at markdale, and went a bit south and a bit north on the rail trail and did a little b111 loop.  Great conditions all around.  Those to the south shelb. to dundalk were complaining as if shouldn't even been open.  Maybe they have the new snomaking groomers which turned it green. ;) Eitehr way I'm definitely hoping to hit the area again soon.  need more time on trail. :)

Definitly no shortage of snow on the b111, great trail already. The only way I can see the rail bed going green around shelburne is if there was so much sno drift that the groomer was able to fill in the low spots on the bed.

I rode Shelborne on Sunday, blew two carbides, not surprising with the thin spots, they really need snow but all in all the club did a great job getting them open concidering the lack of snow they had.

If you do decide to ride go with a low expectation and you won't be disapointed but watch the fields there are some really rough spots, I found out the hard way, lol

Yes, kudos to all the clubs and work going in.  When I hit Markdale I was going with lowered expectations given the year it's been, but was ecstatic with the conditions, and just angry at myself for not having been quicker loading up all the sleds and gear so I would have had more time on trail. ;)

It was my 13YO's first time driving and we both had a fantastic day.  Only complaint was 40km just wasn't enough...need more...more...more.... ;)

Hello All,

I just got back from Shelburne yesterday.  The rail bed to Owen sound is in good shape.  It was awsome around Flesherton and North

The trails groomed by the Osprey Snow Hawks and marked green around Lake Eugenia are in Fantastic shape - way to go Osprey.

With that amount of lake effect snow they have gotten there, it felt like you were in the mountains.

You can park on a new road south of Shelbourne that is right off the RR Bed -  Luxton Way.  Plenty of room to park and turn around.

The RR bed is right there and you can travel north to Dundalk. and beyond

The trails off the RR bed still marked as "limited" are just that.  A little slow and bumpy but It is worth the trip.

The Junction in Dundalk is a great place to stop for lunch.

post-21831-0-57016900-1421262674_thumb.jpg

post-21831-0-63011700-1421262675_thumb.jpg

post-21831-0-03894000-1421262676_thumb.jpg

post-21831-0-44149500-1421262676_thumb.jpg

Great pics, heading up that way tomorrow...thanks for the info

Gasha Welcome to the Forum

How was your day?  Any report is helpful   Pls thx

A great day on the trails. I'm new to snowmobiling, picked up a 2003 Polaris 500 Classic last spring, so this was it's maiden voyage. We parked in Dundalk and headed out B01, lots on snow and nice riding, few rough spots through the forest, but nothing major.

hit the 702 went all the way to Meaford, lots of snow up that way. Made our way back down through B110, pretty straight, but well groomed...all in all a great day, put on 128 miles, sled ran great.

Thanks for the report and welcome to the forum!

A great day on the trails. I'm new to snowmobiling, picked up a 2003 Polaris 500 Classic last spring, so this was it's maiden voyage. We parked in Dundalk and headed out B01, lots on snow and nice riding, few rough spots through the forest, but nothing major.

hit the 702 went all the way to Meaford, lots of snow up that way. Made our way back down through B110, pretty straight, but well groomed...all in all a great day, put on 128 miles, sled ran great.

Awesome, that's what the snowmobiling is all about. Welcome to the sport.

If your heading to this area ,do yourself a favour and trailer up to dundalk or even better markdale.Trail around kimberly is in awesome shape.Rail trail in shelburne is gravel.Cheers Al

Archived