Shelburne trail yellow

Sledguy74

I see the trail from Shelburne to Dundalk is now yellow............its a start

Sure is, looks like it opened a bit more. Mostly rail bed, so pretty easy to open up early. Fingers crossed something opens up to sing Hampton. That'll be a nice ride to grab a bite to eat and back.

I know walkerton has over 2 feet of snow! Should be going green there soon!

ok its now yellow all the way to Owen Sound.

I know there is an launch area there somewhere off of John St , the ATV club trails start there in Shelburne.

The groomer shed is about 10km north of Shelburne and is a great place to start. It is right on hwy 10(east side) there is a short trail that takes you over 10 and to the railbed. You can also ride the granny(322) from the groomer shed

I believe some one is using a malfunctioning tape measure. I live here

I had workers come down from walkerton yesterday and told it snowed like crazy on Wednesday and stated there was two feet of snow. Guess not. How much is there?

I had workers come down from walkerton yesterday and told it snowed like crazy on Wednesday and stated there was two feet of snow. Guess not. How much is there?

The complete and accurate snow conditions/ weather/ trail report

We have seen our share of line squalls through the area..Line squalls equal some areas good, some area bad, no consistent snow. Add the heavy winds and empty fields , fill fence lines. Everybody is pushing hard to get things done but still lots of issues including water. What can I say, no early cold , no freeze. And as I mentioned earlier we have to respect the landowners and their wishes regarding crops and snow coverage.

On a positive note the rail line is open all the way up.

Where is a good place to park/leave from if going to the Shelburne area?  Thx.

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13716-parking-in-shelburne-or-dundalk/ see here for some info

Where is a good place to park/leave from if going to the Shelburne area? Thx.

As farmergeorge said, the groomer shed on highway 10 just north of Shelburn would be an excellent place to stage.

Honestly, just time to re-group, check signage etc. We got hit so hard, so quick.

Yes there's two feet in places but the wind has kept a lot of the fields bare.

Archived