Snowcrest Gravenhurst Vintage Sled Display Saturday Feb 21.

Blake G

Snowcrest Riders is participating in the 45th Annual Gravenhurst Winter Carnival and we NEED SNOWMOBILES for our Vintage Display !! Anything from 1989 and back.

If you have an elderly machine that you are willing to show for a few hours on Saturday, February 21, please let me know, or send an email to: snowcrestshare@gmail.com

Registration of your old sled is free, except for the cost of a Winter Carnival button - - we need to start making a list of who is going to bring in some vintage iron.

We can also use more help planning and organizing the display. Pass the word around !

Here's a link to our list of exhibitors (added January 26)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MUGPnSx6MG8eXRMxTN1eS6Tb4SxwlkETC9ON4WQMt_U/edit#gid=0

Here's a link to our Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/148875491815624/

Lots of winter events going on that weekend:

post-22473-0-69207700-1420249674_thumb.jpg

Our Vintage Sled Display is NOT a contest, we just want a bunch of old iron to look at and enjoy.

Please pass the word around, guys. Saturday, February 21 in Gravenhurst.

Please post here or send me a PM if you have something you can bring. 1989 and older.

Get her suited up.

ouch

Many, many years ago

when I was twenty-three,

I got married to a widow

who was as pretty as could be.

This widow had a grown-up daughter

who had hair of red.

My father fell in love with her,

and soon the two were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law

and change my very life.

My daughter was my mother,

for she was my father's wife.

To complicate the matters worse,

although it brought me joy,

I soon became the father

of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became

a brother-in-law to dad.

And so became by uncle,

though it made me very sad.

For if he was my uncle,

then that also made him brother

To the widow's grown up daughter who,

of course, was my step-mother

Father's wife then had a son,

who kept them on the run.

And he became my grandson,

for he was my daughter's son.

My wife is now my mother's mother

and it makes me blue,

Because, although she is my wife,

she's my grandma too.

If my wife is my grandmother,

then I am her grandchild

And every time I think of it,

it simply drives me wild.

For now I have become

the strangest case you ever saw,

As the husband of my grandmother,

I am my own grandpa

This is the type of thing that can happen when trails B, D, 4, and 3 stay closed for too long in the Housey's Rapids area.

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP:

Snowcrest Riders is participating in the 45th Annual Gravenhurst Winter Carnival and we NEED SNOWMOBILES for our Vintage Display !! Anything from 1989 and back.

If you have an elderly machine that you are willing to show for a few hours on Saturday, February 21, please let me know, or send an email to: snowcrestshare@gmail.com

Registration of your old sled is free, except for the cost of a Winter Carnival butotn - - we need to start making a list of who is going to bring in some vintage iron.

We can also use more help planning and organizing the display. Pass the word around !

Here's a link to our list of exhibitors (added January 26). As you can see, we need more exhibitors.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MUGPnSx6MG8eXRMxTN1eS6Tb4SxwlkETC9ON4WQMt_U/edit#gid=0

https://www.facebook...48875491815624/

BUMP:

Registration of your old sled is free - - we need to start making a list of who is going to bring in some vintage iron.

Here's a link to our list of exhibitors (added January 26). As you can see, we need more exhibitors.

https://www.facebook...48875491815624/

Kushog had quite a show judging by the pics good luck 

• 3 weeks later...

SNOWCREST VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE EXHIBITION

Gravenhurst Winter Carnival - Saturday, February 21 from 10 to 3 at Gull Lake Rotary Park.

So far I have received only two official registrations, along with verbal assurances for an additional nine sleds, and "grapevine" rumblings about more participants lurking in the woods. The show is this coming Saturday, and registration is free except for the cost of a Winter Carnival button. We welcome all sleds of model year 1989 and older.

Please PM me on this site, or send an email to snowcrestshare@gmail.com to register or to request additional information.

post-22473-0-18942400-1424049905_thumb.jpg

Bill, a fellow from Freedom Sledder has also asked about pics, so now I'm starting to think I'm missing something. LOL

I will have sled pics for sure, after the Show on Saturday, but I have nothing right now. Unfortunately I'm just the organizer of the event, but I don't own any vintage sleds right now....though I'd love to find a nice Polaris Colt 175 like I use to have when I was a kid.

I guess I should have asked people for photographs when they registered, but I didn't think to do that.....rookie.....

We had nine vintage sleds today and enjoyed a bit of fun. My favourites were a 1962 Polaris Autoboggan and a 1965 Hus-Ski.

Here's a quick video from today. There is also a limited edition director's cut, showing a minor flip-over.

Looks like a great event Blake. The weather turned out to be perfect.

some very cool hardware... did you get to meet Rick Mercer... I see on the news yesterday he was in Gravenhurst for the event

Apparently he was at Gull Lake doing some puddle jumping or polar bear dipping, but I didn't see him myself.

Archived