2015 HCSA Trail & Snow Conditions

What did u get? Congrats ..

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did u get? Congrats ..

Thanks Nunz, picking up my first Cat!  XF7000 Limited.

http://www.hcsa.ca/Pages/Trails.aspx

Rail line is now limited.  A lot more trails now available.

Yes, these changes were made last nite, rail trail is limited, just need some more snow.

It's a shame that the rest of the B isn't ready to open yet but I do appreciate the honest and realistic trail status reporting. Hoping that we get some more snow soon and can get the rest of the B open. Thanks for the updates.

Just noticed, rest of the B is now listed as limited. Great news!

Please be careful out there folks, the trails are "Limited" for a reason. And please don't venture onto closed trails, some cowboy got himself into trouble today on an unopened trail. :dontgo:  

Rail trail will be updated today as available, groomed in both directions last nite from Hali to Kinmount

LIVIN'

Cisco is going to be fuming when he finds out Top B to tall pines is all pillowed for logging. I was hoping to ride that way next weekend, what a bummer.

Viper, its trail 16 thats closed for logging. The B to Tall Pines is fine, its Limited. 

Thanks for that J, wasn't sure what he saying. The B from end to end is limited. the best source for trail conditions is our site and the OFSC online guide, we are updating as it happens.

LIVIN'

I ran b today it ead good but some logging road running. Overheated the mach z in the process ( caught it before the beeping started and filled the tunnel with snow) wifes freestyle ran well other than us discovering she needs a bigger one. Probably go out for a short ride Sunday morning towards Minden. See how far we get then back to home. Awesome trails up here

just got a text that there is a large tree blocking B trail 2-3kms west of kushog. We will clear asap, but apparently you can get around it.

LIVIN'

can anyone expand on what appears to be a very new reroute of the B trail around Kushog Lake?   the trail always dumped you out at hwy 35 where you cross and access the lake just south of Ox Narrows.  Now it appears to head to the north end of Kushog, where there have been no roads and few cottages over the years.

post-21414-0-11790600-1421694637_thumb.jpg

That looks like the reroute the club did last year. Much better than the old crossing. No road running and can see vehicular traffic much easier.

Yes, old news. I too believe it was there last year.

LIVIN'

Canadoo, you're partially correct. I don't think it was on last years map. It runs beside the logging road for a bit before heading down towards the lake. The trail on the far side of Kushog runs along a summer road. The re-route is a big improvement to that section of the B.

Yup, trail was there but wasn't on the guide. I remember some discussion about that last year. It is a better route though.

LIVIN'

Ran the B from Carnarvon up to Hawk Lk then took the lakes to 64. Took 64 to D101B into Dorset then came back via 61, Raven, 64, Hawk and B. All the trails were groomed and given how little snow we have had they were in good condition. Lots of "clacking" and a few ice sheets but with so little snow it's to be expected. With the wet weekend and now cold weather the trails are very firm. Son's Switchback was running hot and I had to use scratchers to keep my sled cool enough. Lakes are brutal! Refrozen slush ruts and some wet slush parts made for less than ideal lake running. The trails were much better than the lakes. With a bit of snow the trails will be great as they have a very solid base now.

Hoping to ride from Haliburton to Bancroft this Friday, has anyone done this trip yet?  I am wondering how the trails are.  Also how is the rail line now?  I could start from Kinmount.

I am hoping Bancroft opens again.

see my post in the amount of snow in Kinmount thread!

LIVIN'

Thanks to HCSA! The trails were good for the amount of snow on the ground. Powerline trail is brutal north of town but needs snow to fix it. The ox narrow route was staked and marked once again. That is a great route from kenness lake to Dorset. Narrows were frozen solid too, just have to dodge the rocks. One little marshy area wasn't frozen solid, but nothing a little speed can't fix. Overall Trails were better then I thought they would be. Great job HCSA!

A tip of the helmet to you sir , thanks for the kind words!  The term low snow has been thrown around too much this year after last year, it's just more normal snow and we are making it happen!!!

LIVIN'

Holy smokes first time on the b after eagle lake I love it livin your doing a great job!!!!!! It's great to see someone who cares about the trail system again. Thanks and keep up the great work...... Just need more snow to make the trails better good job working with what we have...

Holy smokes first time on the b after eagle lake I love it livin your doing a great job!!!!!! It's great to see someone who cares about the trail system again. Thanks and keep up the great work...... Just need more snow to make the trails better good job working with what we have...

HCSA is defiantly doing what they can this year. I found some flat trails last Sunday, which is usually un heard of! Defiantly a change for the better. Once they get some snow and thins out the traffic abit more, things will be real good.

Archived