2015 HCSA Trail & Snow Conditions

Welcome to 2015! Please use this thread to provide your observations regarding HCSA trail and snow conditions.

THINK SNOW!!! :icon_snow:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard most of the snow is gone and only ice remains in the driveway! Hope it changes next week.

colder temps and snow in the forecast, but no Santa Bomb on the horizon. I'll post my reports in here for the new season

LIVIN'

Thanks, I think?

LIVIN'

that's some funny sh#@$%#@t you got there!!!

LIVIN'

it's here! Went from green grass to howling North wind and snow in no time, was wicked cold since yesterday and now snow... this one is here to stay! I hope?

LIVIN'

Make it good for the 16th. Pray to what ever snow gods inhabit the woods there. Hell I'll make alcohol donations if need be ;)

Yeah, I talk to the snow gods in the woods all the time. He said just leave your "offering" at the B103 and the 340 trail. Let me know when done and I'll be sure he gets it. Oh, and he said he likes Canadian in cans!

We will then get all the snow we need.

LIVIN'

livin'

Coming up later this afternoon - any snow?

Enough to get my throttle finger itchy. If we get some more over New Years, there could be some sleds out on the rail trail. Still coming down. You have my cell#

LIVIN'

Dis we get any snow up there yesterday or today in Haliburton?

Very little in Burnt River - a good dusting, that's about all.  Light snow right now.

Friends are on the road from Huntsville and say there was a foot of snow. It has been snowing the last couple of days by me, but nowhere what we need to ride. there is snow in the forecast for the next few days including snow squalls for Friday. The Forest will probably be OK for the weekend, at one point last week they even cancelled Dog Sledding due to icy trail conditions. We are going tomorrow afternoon, will advise.

LIVIN'

We've only got about 2" in Carnarvon but at least the lakes are freezing over.

Thanks for posting on Carnarvon snow conditions. The whole area is about the same, last nite we got a good blast of snow, but nowhere near what those lucky folks in the west got! The Forest is reporting FAIR conditions today, so I will pass. Good news is our pond was frozen enough to skate on yesterday and some of us are going out today to do some brushing.

LIVIN"

Hopefully the rain doesn't open things back up on Sunday. Looks like a real slow start.

keep saying rain and you could get banned

Oh right! I don't like the you know what this time of year. Had enough water last year. Hopefully it doesn't do much daage. Will help area's that have snow, setup though.

We got about 5-6" of snow with maybe 1/4" of freezing rain then another dusting of snow. NO RAIN! It's been well below zero all day. Things are looking much better here. :)

Correct, we did not get the melt down or rain. A little freezing rain and some more snow! We were at the floating bridge at 3 brothers fixing the mats and signage today and there is a good amount of snow. HCSA will be sending out the groomers to start packing as early as tomorrow in some areas, so remain off the trails! We could have some good news later in the week! Viperules 700 spellcheck is your friend, as I have no idea what you were saying! But, keep posting over here, your input is always welcome!

LIVIN'

Correct, we did not get the melt down or rain. A little freezing rain and some more snow! We were at the floating bridge at 3 brothers fixing the mats and signage today and there is a good amount of snow. HCSA will be sending out the groomers to start packing as early as tomorrow in some areas, so remain off the trails! We could have some good news later in the week! Viperules 700 spellcheck is your friend, as I have no idea what you were saying! But, keep posting over here, your input is always welcome!LIVIN'

It worked, never rained. Woooo hooooo!

Archived