The Santa Bomb

dweese

So that's the lastest weather term the weather idiots are using tonight. CityTV and TWN both used it along with the Twitter hashtag.

4 low pressure systems are set to merge over Lake Ontario Christmas eve. Could be rain, could be ice might be snow.

Should be interesting.

Ha Ha ..means some snow up here!  ice is setting up nicely....Lakes will be good here before the trails.

Just as bad as the term 'ponding'?? for the roads in the fall.Why not just say a chance of hydroplaning with heavy rainfall.it worked fine for the last how many years? I suppose they get bored with the same old same old and have to spruce it up.

Kerry

Global Toronto too.

Percy Saltzman is probably rolling in his grave the way TV weather forecasting has gone down the toilet.

only two terms after mid december until end of march as far as I'm concerned, 1. GO SLEDDING   2. STAY HOME AND DRINK BEER

I try to follow the farmers almanac...they are usually spot on. Hopefully this next storm turns to snow...if it does, it could be just what we need to really get the ball Rollin!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/12/17/meteorologist-shot/20545951/

The weather liar on CHEX is horrible for his exaggerations. In the fall, "It's going to be chilly tonight (40* F). During the winter, "We're going to have a warm up (temp going up 2 or 3*C). Warm ups during the winter seem to be his favourite forecast. I think he'd enjoy a warm winter (above freezing, rain & the smell of dog crap everywhere). 

If you want that kind of weather move to Vancouver.

Don't get me started on Global's "Chipmunk". Annoying as %^&*.

CP24 today: "Better bundle up today the temp is below normal, -2*C."

:bluerolleyes:

(We need a palm slap icon)

The "experts" keep crying wolf when they forecast. Sooner or later people will just ignore them.

When I was living in Oshawa, a lot of the snowfalls that accumulated were the "unforecasted" ones. The hyped storms usually amounted to less than 10 cms.

It looks like it's going to be a lot of rain for Ottawa

What till it actually happens is my motto.

(We need a palm slap icon)

double-facepalm.jpg

By the sound of the most recent forecasts (and no mention of a Santa Bomb) Christmas Eve & Christmas day are looking soggy w/ rain.

I haven't heard "Santa Bomb" mentioned. Maybe the weather idgits realized how ridiculous it sounded.

The head weather liar just coined a new one, "a Vancouver Christmas". He also said a majority of Canadians will have a white Christmas & then said a majority will have a green Christmas :geek2: .

Time to retire buddy. 

The head weather liar just coined a new one, "a Vancouver Christmas". He also said a majority of Canadians will have a white Christmas & then said a majority will have a green Christmas :geek2: .

Time to retire buddy. 

why he fits right in I will not watch the weather nitwork 

Wiki says he has received the Order of Canada. For what? If their standards are that low, most of us should be on the list because we go to work & complete a productive day of labour.

Wiki says he has received the Order of Canada. For what? If their standards are that low, most of us should be on the list because we go to work & complete a productive day of labour.

we have to work to pay for those idiots and more

Toronto Sun had a story today about the Santa Bomb... but we all know how truthful Sun media is....

Toronto Sun had a story today about the Santa Bomb... but we all know how truthful Sun media is....

LOL

Were they blaming Wynne for it?

If it was in the Toronto Star, they would've been blaming Harper.

Freezing rain here in Sudbury as of 3 pm today

Archived