Amount of Snow - Kinmount

mgooding

I heard Kinmount has a decent amount of snow, enough to pack in some parts.

I was wondering if this is true?

mgooding9, I left Kinmount on Tuesday and there was not enough snow to send a groomer out yet. The rail trail gets ridden the second it turns color! (white) No packing has started in the HCSA system, we will be looking at conditions this weekend. Groomers and operators are ready to go!

I'll be back tomorrow and keep you guys posted when we're going out

LIVIN'

mgooding9, I left Kinmount on Tuesday and there was not enough snow to send a groomer out yet. The rail trail gets ridden the second it turns color! (white) No packing has started in the HCSA system, we will be looking at conditions this weekend. Groomers and operators are ready to go!

I'll be back tomorrow and keep you guys posted when we're going out

LIVIN'

Thanks,

I appreciate the update.

Do not destroy your sleds good trails will come

x2

Are you seeing that already in your area?

No I wont.  I do not go on the trails until they are open any ways.  

No I wont.  I do not go on the trails until they are open any ways.  

talkin about your sled,early season rides are tuff on them...

let them beat them up and then bring them to you for repair.... only problem with that is too much work to do might impede upon your own seat time.

Back up tonight, if I said we got a dusting of snow since Tuesday I'd be generous! Let's all hope the Santa Bomb (BS) is the bomb.

LIVIN'

The ground was white last nite, unfortunately the pouring rain and high winds destroyed our snow. Green grass today! Might of faired a little better north of here, will call around later and let you all know.

Some wet snow today but nothing to cheer about. As I posted earlier on this site...

Merry Christmas and a SNOWY New Year!

LIVIN'

Thanks for the update.  Coming up Saturday after picking up a new sled for my wife.  Need to get some snow so that I can test it out for her.

Is the B103 one of the designated Early Opening Trails?  There was plenty of snow on it a few weeks back.  Fenelon to Kinmount would be great (when we get some snow) to test out our sleds.

It is and is usually one of the first trails open in Central Ontario.

the b103 was rideable as recently as last Sunday, I went up as far as Hali to check on deadfall etc. one more shot of snow and we would of sent a groomer out!

Today it's only good for a lawn tractor. It will come.

Livin'

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on Kinmount, Burnt River, Fenelon area?

groomer was out packing the rail trail yesterday, looks good. South of here I don't know. More snow overnite, could be more groomers out packing this week.

LIVIN'

Yesterday I checked a portion of the rail trail at Naylor Rd. (on foot)  Lots of rocks still.  I would even run it on a rental sled.    :blush: 

Yesterday I checked a portion of the rail trail at Naylor Rd. (on foot)  Lots of rocks still.  I would even run it on a rental sled.    :blush: 

Noticed on the way into Lindsay today going through Cameron that the rail trail has been groomed,wife also said see noticed it was groomed on her way into Fenelon Falls this AM where it crosses Long Beach road.Still shows closed on the interactive.Busy tomorrow but i will jump on the sled on Thursday to see what it is like if it opens.(do not ride closed trails)

• 3 weeks later...

I rode the rail line from Fenelon through Kinmount to Haliburton and the base is good. The snow is frozen so hard there is not enough snowdust and I was overheating all the way. Needs fresh snow.

Thanks Nytro19 for the info and Welcome to the Forum

I rode the rail line from Fenelon through Kinmount to Haliburton and the base is good. The snow is frozen so hard there is not enough snowdust and I was overheating all the way. Needs fresh snow.

Were your skis hitting rocks?

Welcome to the forum nytro19

Welcome to the forum!

Archived