Lodging in LucVille

SlowTouringGuy

The last time we stayed over in LucVille, we stayed at the Heritage which, at the time, was pretty much on its last legs.  In Luc's recent video blog he talks about the place reopening and mentions the other places that filled the gap the past couple of years and are still open. 

I'm hoping Luc reads this and gives us an update on the (former) Heritage and what, if anything, has been done to it on reopening and, also, a little bit more about the other places in town. 

It's a great place to consider for an overnight stop on your next saddlebag trip !

Wow, they certainly are! Quite a contrast to the final days of the Heritage. Looks like it is time to get back there! Ernie Burger!!

time for an oc ride in like the old days!!!!! bonfires, good friends, and winter fun. Ski

• 2 months later...

New motel is great. Pulled in last night for 3 night stay. Local loops and catch the train to searchmont on Tuesday. Zero sleds from hearst to here yesterday. Trails are perfect

Did you load @ D'ville & unload @ Searchmont? I thought they wouldn't load or unload sleds @ Searchmont.

Plan to load Tuesday at hawk junction and unload in searchmont. It's all booked and paid for? We will know if it works out Tuesday night

On our trip, 3 guys got off @ Lucville & the rest of us sledders carried on to Hearst.

Did you load @ D'ville & unload @ Searchmont? I thought they wouldn't load or unload sleds @ Searchmont.

The last I knew, they would not let you load at Searchmont to go north, but I have unloaded many times at Searchmont coming South.

Going North would bridge the gap if doing a big clockwise loop.  It should be fine to bridge the gap on a counter-clockwise loop.  Just fill the sleds before getting on the train headed south because no fuel in Searchmont  (unless the ski hill can be convinced of an emergency).

The last I knew, they would not let you load at Searchmont to go north, but I have unloaded many times at Searchmont coming South.

Going North would bridge the gap if doing a big clockwise loop.  It should be fine to bridge the gap on a counter-clockwise loop.  Just fill the sleds before getting on the train headed south because no fuel in Searchmont  (unless the ski hill can be convinced of an emergency).

I was told by a good source that the Ski Hill bought the Gas station in Searchmont.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted everyone to know that the passenger train will have new owners for next year.  The company that is taking over from CN is called RailMark.  I have talked with them and they want to expand the winter snowmobile business and will add new cars to accommodate snowmobiles for easy drop off and loading at various locations.  We are also working with a group who is working at developing Searchmont further by putting in a gas station.  The guys from HalfWay Haven are getting all their ducks lined up for next winter.  We will be riding our motorcycles there this summer to meet up with them. The Magpie Relay and the HalfWay Haven will be cross promoting for all power sports.  hence if you like riding atv, snowmobiles or Dual sport motorcycles we should be able to accommodate you.  let us know. 

Archived