Sh*t Ned Nickerson says....you're paying his salary after all

slomo

Just posting a few OFSC communications updates that you may have missed -

November 17, 2014

Snowmobilers reminded that it’s still not safe to start riding -

Even though we’ve been blasted with snow, snowmobilers are encouraged to wait.  The Ontario Federation of
Snowmobile Clubs cautions snowmobilers to keep their sleds parked for now for safety’s sake.  OFSC spokesperson
Craig Nicholson explains that snowmobiling can be dangerous at this time of year and what still needs to happen
before sledders can safely head out.

Nicholson asks sledders to keep their sleds parked for now.

Nicholson says grooming operations have not started yet, so no OFSC trails are available to ride and all access to
trails private property remain closed.  Snowmobilers are also reminded to stay off public roads and farmers’
fields.

http://cklp.moosefm.com/news/snowmobilers-reminded-that-its-still-not-safe-to-start-riding/#sthash.Y3FbeLnm.dpuf

Or some you may never have heard of -

November 24, 2014
OFSC getting ready for the snowmobiling season

Even though Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs trails aren’t open yet, this week is Get Ready for Snowmobiling
Week.
  (eeh?)  

Spokesperson for the federation, Craig Nicholson explains what it’s for.
Nicholson says getting ready for the season takes time and isn’t something that should be done the night before.  

He explains the things you can be doing to make sure you’re ready.
Nicholson says they haven’t started grooming trails because water on swamps aren’t frozen and neither is the
ground.  He explains the best thing for the trails right now would be if all the snow melted and there are a
couple of weeks of freezing temperatures so the ground could freeze before more snow falls.

This week is also the last week you can get a discount on trail permits for the season.  To buy a trail pass, or
for trail information, go to the OFSC website.

http://cklp.moosefm.com/news/ofsc-getting-ready-for-the-snowmobiling-season/

--------------------------------------

If anyone else has found some communiques of interest, post away.

I vote groomer guy to take over that role. He is by far a better ambassador for the sport. He is exceptionally active in his club and in it for the love of the sport. Not how much money he can make, how many freebies he can get and more.

I vote groomer guy to take over that role. He is by far a better ambassador for the sport. He is exceptionally active in his club and in it for the love of the sport. Not how much money he can make, how many freebies he can get and more.

I second that

He is far from a Spokesperson for Ontario anything.  Who decides this crap?  They should know that he is not respected in the snowmobile community.

Tough gig he has going.  Intrepid snowmobiler in the winter, and Intrepid Cottager in the summer.  How can I get a job like that?

Does he even pay for the gas for his sled? I saw him at the AGM in Ottawa. Is he a voting member of a club? What did it cost and who did it cost for him to be there? I know I paid $60 for my wife to attend the Saturday dinner with me

I second that

times three for me

Are these quoted directly from his release?  It's poor writing and entirely uninformative.

Not to defend, but they appear to be transcripts of a conversation, not intended for the written words

Nicolson is a boob

I see you're using the politically correct term ..... the real word starts & ends with a T ......  :D

I think this is he.... hehehe

150px-Ned_take_boys_snowmobiling_idle0.p

lmao !!!!! e-mail me that photo in full size !!!!  

okilly dokilly good neighbour

Thats Ned Flanders

I see you're using the politically correct term ..... the real word starts & ends with a T ......   :D

lmao !!!!! e-mail me that photo in full size !!!!  

Does it have a "WA" in between the two "T"s or just an "I"?

lol

• 1 month later...

Just looking thru the latest GoSnowmobiling mag. Someone had posted about OC being mentioned. I found the bit & I hope folks don't lump, Luc, me, Bbakernay, Yukon Cornelious & Nutter in w/ the subject of this thread. 

Just looking thru the latest GoSnowmobiling mag. Someone had posted about OC being mentioned. I found the bit & I hope folks don't lump, Luc, me, Bbakernay, Yukon Cornelious & Nutter in w/ the subject of this thread. 

Nah, don't worry about that revrnd...Ned Nickerson has declared himself: dah dah

Expert advice on Ski Doo tours, snowmobiling destinations & gear from Canada's foremost snowmobiler!

See it here if you find it hard to believe.....

http://www.intrepidsnowmobiler.com/

Frankly, I think I have more claim to this title than he does....

-His riding is limited to groomed trails - largely panty waist stuff. For 5 years, I sledded in the windswept NWT, navigating by topo map and the scent of caribou, sometimes on ice roads, but more often on trackless treeless wastes or on featureless lakes between two communities, stopping to light a fire to warm my hands as the skidoo I rode had no hand warmers and leaf springs in the front. Occasionally, I would have to p*ss on the carburator to warm it up enough for the machine to start - often the fuel needle would need to be cleaned as well.

-I had no sponsors or a bunch of lackies in my company. I still don't.

-have sledded from Baker Lake, Nunavut, which holds the distinction of being the community at the geographic center of Canada.

-on a bet, I once chugged a 40 ounce bottle of rye, tracked a polar bear by sled and then wrestled it, and made love to an NWT woman all in the same 36 hour time period. (well, not exactly....after chugging the rye, returned to the bar slashed  and bleeding 8 hours later demanding to know where that woman that I had to wrestle was....)

Being the generous, sharing sort that I am however, I will modify the title....slomo....One of Canada's Foremost Snowmobilers.

I find Mr. Nickerson's articles interesting, though certainly not the final word on snowmobiling. I think it is important for many people to communicate with newbie sledders, and Mr. Nickerson does a good job at promoting the activity. I enjoy his writing, and I doubt I am alone.

Of course there are some other expert snowmobilers with great writing skills, and I am grateful for them all. And yes, slomo, you should change your tagline to read "One of Canada's Foremost Snowmobilers".

One of the reasons I like this  site is for the lack of bashing people etc.  I don't think posting insults about someone is fair nor necessary.

I find Mr. Nickerson's articles interesting, though certainly not the final word on snowmobiling. I think it is important for many people to communicate with newbie sledders, and Mr. Nickerson does a good job at promoting the activity. I enjoy his writing, and I doubt I am alone.

Of course there are some other expert snowmobilers with great writing skills, and I am grateful for them all. And yes, slomo, you should change your tagline to read "One of Canada's Foremost Snowmobilers".

X2. He appeals to newbies. But if we are so 'knowledgeable' about snowmobiling we shouldn't need to read his articles.

Archived