Haliburton Forest is OPEN!!!

Turbo Burgo

Road and Trail Conditions for Tuesday, November 18th 2014

Winter has arrived, and we like to invite sledders for an "early bird ride". 

"Old man winter has arrived and may just stay! So far we've seen at least 6 inches of snow and there is more to come over the next days!

Although our groomers and trail maintenance crews are not out yet, we like to invite sledders to enjoy our main double track trails at a reduced rate of $25.00 per driver, plus HST. All single track trails and lakes remain closed."

Road and Trail Conditions for Tuesday, November 18th 2014

Winter has arrived, and we like to invite sledders for an "early bird ride". 

"Old man winter has arrived and may just stay! So far we've seen at least 6 inches of snow and there is more to come over the next days!

Although our groomers and trail maintenance crews are not out yet, we like to invite sledders to enjoy our main double track trails at a reduced rate of $25.00 per driver, plus HST. All single track trails and lakes remain closed."

Huh?

I'm toying with the idea of heading out there on Friday possibly..anyone else interested?

Nunz, just trailer up to the seguin. Should be ok.

I thought WildBill indicated there was a lot of water on the Seguin in many places.

Worth it for bragging rights.

I thought WildBill indicated there was a lot of water on the Seguin in many places.

Likely just a joke 02.

Huh?

It's a private trail system

http://www.haliburtonforest.com/

Ask the monkey about sledding at the forest!

He's quoting from their website.  Open for some powder skiing on the main roads....great idea!

Web cam at the gas pumps looks good.

http://www.haliburtonforest.com/directions/webcam

Last time I went there for a early ride was two years ago on Dec 24.

we went about 150 kms on the roads that ware groomed and a few trails..

It was a good season start.

Ask the monkey about sledding at the forest!

SCREW HF!!  F^&*(ing Liars!!

You asked...

Today at 930 I arrived at the Haliburton Forest for the first time and met Nunz and infernobuster. Conditions were very good. No grooming yet, but they had about fifteen miles of trails that had seen snowmobiles when I left there before noon. Many kilometres of trails were still untouched, or at least they were when I left. We were sledders 4, 5 and 6 for the day. I called the Forest office around 4 o'clock to ask some questions - - one was, How many sledders did you see today? Answer: about twenty, but lots of people are booking for tomorrow. They open tomorrow at 8 a.m. and have a daily limit of one hundred sleds. I bet conditions will be pretty good for the first two or three hours - - but could deteriorate throughout the day. They are charging 25 bucks right now because they are not yet grooming.

Conditions in the Haliburton Forest this morning:

Me and Nunz this morning.

post-22473-0-42865700-1416605955_thumb.jpg

Nunz and infernobuster.

post-22473-0-95354900-1416605938_thumb.jpg

There he goes again.... rub it in Blake..... good for you though. Glad you had a great ride.

If it makes you feel any better, I only stuck it out for an hour or so. Sore back from too much sledding this week. LOL

very nice pics blake,looks like middle of winter...couldn't wipe those smiles off could ya

Well done fellas. Been years sense I ever rode in November

Well done fellas. Been years sense I ever rode in November

'95 for me. Put 60 miles riding the forest access roads near Eels Lake the day after the deer hunt ended. 

The big question is, how do you like the new sled Nunzio?

Great time today !!!! The new sled is amazing,, love the power of it a million times more than the 600, still hard to believe it's only November, for 25 bucks and a days riding this early well worth it.

Thought you liked it. You're looking pretty happy in the pics. 600's are great.....................until you ride an 800.

I'll say it again thanks again for the tunnel pack and knee protectors/ cover.. Much appreciated..

Cheers!!

Thought you liked it. You're looking pretty happy in the pics. 600's are great.....................until you ride an 800.

SCREW HF!!  F^&*(ing Liars!!

You asked...

Never book in advance! So far it has worked for me, since I don't think they have 100 sled limit anyway (they just say they do). I have never been turned away. Other then that, great place to ride early or late, since there are no roads.?

Archived