Baysville Express (Closed )

Muskoka Man

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no bikes inside Bigwind Provincial boundrys ,only sleds in winter,has been that way for years,large signs on both entry points 

No signage when we were there regarding bikes, we have accessed from Pine Springs or Echo Lake with no issues, see both truck and atv traffic on either end, hunt camps along the way , one of our riders lives beside the park. We did not do it this year as a bike exploded on 118, not saying it isn't so but no indication for us.

People on here always think the worst and jump on no permit, trespass, etc., take the time to ask a question first maybe, do you think I would have posted pic.s of an area if I thought I was not supposed to be there??

Todd

Im with you Todd,we have been riding that area for years and no one gives it a moments thought,we also come in from pine springs and black river rd ,it only really came to my attention when i joined haliburton ATV club and they treat it as taboo and there system goes around this little stretch,MNR also posted no camping signs at campsites there once it became a official provincial park,to bad as there is some awsome camping in there,MNR is a giant hinderance to all taxpayers 

At some point, they need to realize that we are all creature of nature.  So preserving nature is good, but enjoying and embracing nature is difficult when we are restricted from accessing it.  The MNR staff must be computer gamers and don't feel the need to leave the controller and screen...

• 3 weeks later...

Where exactly is Baily bridge? Is it the one coming off The Old Wagon Trail at trail 45? I'll get my maps out.

• 5 months later...

The signs say something to the effect of "bridge unsafe do not cross"

Summer use of the area is permitted according to local OPP Iv'e spoken with. Only ATV traffic is prohibited in the park. Blue plate vehicles such as the trucks & SUVs that pull in boats to fish the lakes or riders of plated dual sport bikes are allowed with the only prohibited signage being for ATVs at Black River Rd.

Sorry about the upside down pics.

Heres what the bridge looked like last year.

ftol1g.jpg

so it needed a deck so they took it out 

From what I could tell last season thats all it would have needed. The bridge is still there next to the crossing where it has been tossed aside in the bush.

Awesome,  thanks for the update. are you looking north in the pic.s?, looks crossable on a bike(2 wheels) maybe, but sometime pic.s are deceiving . I cant believe they just threw it in the bush to rot, good old mnr....

The signs say something to the effect of "bridge unsafe do not cross"

Summer use of the area is permitted according to local OPP Iv'e spoken with. Only ATV traffic is prohibited in the park. Blue plate vehicles such as the trucks & SUVs that pull in boats to fish the lakes or riders of plated dual sport bikes are allowed with the only prohibited signage being for ATVs at Black River Rd.

Sorry about the upside down pics.

Heres what the bridge looked like last year.

Welcome to the forum HLL

Awesome,  thanks for the update. are you looking north in the pic.s?, looks crossable on a bike(2 wheels) maybe, but sometime pic.s are deceiving . I cant believe they just threw it in the bush to rot, good old mnr....

The pictures were taken facing south. Easily crossable on a bike (2 wheels)

I agree that the button pushers at the mnr are a little bit... Haha

Thanks for the welcome Leaf.

I was biking south of Baysville today and saw some improvements being made to the forest access road that forms part of OFSC trails D101B and 47. For a few kilometres, ditches were being widened on both sides of the road, and lots of new culverts were being installed. The yellow circle shows the approximate area being upgraded. Not sure if this will have any impact on winter use of the routes.

post-22473-0-58120600-1436480399_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-85998000-1436480463_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-84596500-1436480416_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-21860900-1436480431_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-04257200-1436480446_thumb.jpg

At some point, they need to realize that we are all creature of nature.  So preserving nature is good, but enjoying and embracing nature is difficult when we are restricted from accessing it.  The MNR staff must be computer gamers and don't feel the need to leave the controller and screen...

I'm waiting for the Fiberals to burn thru the proceeds of the Hydro One sale. The way they're addicted to spending taxpayers' money, they're as bad as crack whore on Gerrard St. trying to make enough to buy another rock.

I bet developers would love to get their hands on the Province's Crown Land & provincial park system.

I'm waiting for the Fiberals to burn thru the proceeds of the Hydro One sale. The way they're addicted to spending taxpayers' money, they're as bad as crack whore on Gerrard St. trying to make enough to buy another rock.

I bet developers would love to get their hands on the Province's Crown Land & provincial park system.

already spent 

already spent

They are smart, since we are stupid and will pay more for everything. Next thing Is a carbon tax on hydro, gas, propane etec.

Really, what are you saying??

who voted for her?

No one really, since the process in ontario doesn't work that way.

She was voted in only because the other guy wanted to fire everyone.....not good for getting votes.

She was voted in only because the other guy wanted to fire everyone.....not good for getting votes.

Now we are stuck with a big mess. Just wait a few years. Ontario will run out of assets to sell to bail them out, then what?

No idea.......

Archived