Most memorable ride?

Mossy

Sitting here on a great thanksgiving weekend talking about the most memorable ride last winter. The one that really sparked the kids was a local ride when 2 deer crossed right in front of us!

What's yours?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being able to trail ride with my son last year. First ride was short, but 12 yrs in the making, I wasn't complaining.  :right_on:

post-21888-0-97871800-1413152691_thumb.jpg

post-21888-0-60724400-1413152761_thumb.jpg

My best ride last year was the run we did with a bunch of the OC members from Huntsville to parry sound then over to Ahmic harbour Swiss house for lunch then back to Huntsville., my wife still talks about that day..

That and the ride to Giants tomb with a bunch of you guys..

Certainly makes me look forward to the upcoming season for sure..

best ride for me was with fire242,bill & mike...the rap tour,trails were mint & weather was decent

Some of the most memorable were from last season, all of the snow was incredible.  On a ride from Gowganda to New Liskeard and couldn't see the trail for about the first 20 miles there was too much fresh snow.  Rode from New Liskeard to Cochrane and couldn't see because it was snowing too hard.  We saw a wolf on the trail just outside of Hornepayne, he was on the trail, we followed him for a while until we finally passed him.

The last weekend we rode was probably the best weather and trail conditions I had ever been on. Perfect sun set no traffic. Won't forget that any time soon.

Anytime you ride with White Dragon and Bill are memorable. Have to agree with WD the most memorable was the Rap Tour last season. Great conditions and lots of laughs.

Last year they were all great with the abundance of snow. All that snow got my wife out riding with me more often than she would have normally which made them all that much better. She is a wildlife nut so animal sightings are a huge bonus for her.

Swift Rapids on Trail 17 is always great for the wild life. The lock master feeds the deer on his front lawn, come around the bend and find a dozen or more eating what he has put out for them.

The view from the top of the lock as you cross the Severn River is great. I knew deer could stand on their hind legs but didn't know they could walk around on them.... we looked down from the top of the lock and saw a couple of deer walking around on their hind legs chewing on the tress branches.

Then on the return portion of the trip. Trail 12 between 17 at Swift Rapids and B105. It's a slow twisting trail through the trees and can be snug if you meet someone coming the other way. That's part of what makes it nice. Riding the trail and come around the bend and here are 4 deer walking down the trail. We stop, they look at us and keep on walking away. We follow slowly giving them lots of space, a couple of times they stop and look back as if to say... "damn you're still there". After doing this for a bit they look back and head off the trail into the deep snow and go about 50 feet and watch us pass.

To round out the season... the trip to the ice caves on Georgian Bay.

I know a lot of people like to travel as fast as they can and for some it's almost a competition to see who can cover the most km in one day. For us we like to get out and enjoy the scenery.

I will admit there were many years when I was younger that we were only interested in speed and getting to the next stop first.

As time passed I'm more interested in enjoying the view as 02Sled mentioned and riding a lot safer speed.

This may seem strange as there was nothing out of the ordinary that occurred during the ride, it was half way through and our rest break on the edge of Algonquin

Dead silence, dead calm....amazing day

Nothing strange about that at all.... one of our local trails follows a string of lakes. One is long and narrow. Came to realize one day that there werén't any cottages on the lake, no signs of people other than some sled tracks ahead of us and it was all dead quiet. Sometmes hard to find these days.

My best ride last year was the run we did with a bunch of the OC members from Huntsville to parry sound then over to Ahmic harbour Swiss house for lunch then back to Huntsville., my wife still talks about that day..

That and the ride to Giants tomb with a bunch of you guys..

Certainly makes me look forward to the upcoming season for sure..

It was a good ride for sure Nunz, Were looking forward to riding with you guys again this season..

Nunz will like that, IQ. Not sure he'll recognize you this winter though - - What will you be riding?

It was a good ride for sure Nunz, Were looking forward to riding with you guys again this season..

Thanks my friend!!!

Soon, soon...

Good ride Nunz, my kid still talks about that day and it was a great last ride.

Soon it will be here again...

Rode from Kearney to Sudbury last year.Going across the bridges was awesome. Then did a couple of loops out of Sudbury. The Wolf mountain loop and the Moose loop.Then rode back to North Bay then to Kearney. Trails were very good!  

Rode from Kearney to Sudbury last year.Going across the bridges was awesome. Then did a couple of loops out of Sudbury. The Wolf mountain loop and the Moose loop.Then rode back to North Bay then to Kearney. Trails were very good!  

That sounds like a great trip!!! Something I would like to do this winter for sure!!!

Most memorable rides for me are when somebody gets stuck real good and it takes 4 or 5 guys and a lot of grunting and trash talk to get it back on the trail. I always take a picture of those for the wall of shame. 

Any family ride at all.  To get out on the trails with SlowTouringGal and the SlowTouringKids is always a pleasure.    

For one fun ride last year, STK1 and STK3 got on their sleds around 9 or so and got on the trails in Bowmanville to head North. The Indomitable Mrs. STG & I left the TheRapids around 10 or so and took B south to B104 across Dalrymple and then south on 102.  Somewhere south of Bolsover, before Beaverton, we met them coming north. Our trip back took a slightly different route - after Dalrymple we took 103 into Lagoon City (which I'm looking forward to doing again this year hearing that Knight's Inn will be open for food) and then 207 up to B (B, east of Couchie has been improved so much it is a great run) and then B to D & home, stopping for a great lunch at the Hawthorne Grill. Trails were awesome, weather was awesome, the company was awesome, the food was awesome and we were home early enough in the afternoon to plan a short ride before Attitude Adjustment Hour. 

Any family ride at all.  To get out on the trails with SlowTouringGal and the SlowTouringKids is always a pleasure.    

For one fun ride last year, STK1 and STK3 got on their sleds around 9 or so and got on the trails in Bowmanville to head North. The Indomitable Mrs. STG & I left the TheRapids around 10 or so and took B south to B104 across Dalrymple and then south on 102.  Somewhere south of Bolsover, before Beaverton, we met them coming north. Our trip back took a slightly different route - after Dalrymple we took 103 into Lagoon City (which I'm looking forward to doing again this year hearing that Knight's Inn will be open for food) and then 207 up to B (B, east of Couchie has been improved so much it is a great run) and then B to D & home, stopping for a great lunch at the Hawthorne Grill. Trails were awesome, weather was awesome, the company was awesome, the food was awesome and we were home early enough in the afternoon to plan a short ride before Attitude Adjustment Hour. 

But what about that time when you did that thing to that person and had to....

ISLIGIATT

Archived