NRSA Season 2014/2015

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope.

Rode from Deux Rivieres to Stonecliff and back and the trails were very good. Saw the groomer heading out to the west from Stonecliff and then again in Deux Rivieres and they are doing a fantastic job.

We also rode part way to Mattawa and trails were not bad but lots of moguls which I'm sure were cleaned up yesterday.

Overall very good conditions but could use some more snow.

Did the gas station ever get opened in Rolphton?

I don't believe it did shawnj.

No it has not.  They are waiting on new pumps, the owner told us mid-January, but who knows!  I will post any new info as it becomes available.  Was out for a ride today, trails are coming along but still limited.  

• 2 weeks later...

A-trail from east of Chalk River to about 8 kms west of Deep River is still limited, groomers have been, so for the snow we have it not bad.  Just take your time and watch for rocks, funny how people won't stop & pick up a few off the trails, then they are out of the way.  Club trails are coming along very nice, I was over on the 131, 132 and 134 yesterday, but still be careful on these trails, as they are some bumps that need more snow.  

Great news! We got about 5 to 6 inches of snow last night!  Groomers have been out grooming club trails and the TOPS A-trail!

All NRSA trail except the A101Q (road running after crossing Highway 17 - 2.5KM) are GREEN!  GOOD TO GO!  So get out and ride!  Trails are good!

• 2 weeks later...

Trails are still in great shape!  

We had super conditions for the NRSA Poker run. Thanks to all the volunteers for making this event run so smoothly. From marking the trails, working the registration table, cooking lunch at Dougie's Dogs etc. etc. Events like this wouldn't be possible without our volunteers.

Snowmobile Poker Run Winners:
1st Prize - Paul Kelly - $150.00
2nd Prize - Raymond Sammon - $90.00
3rd Prize - Maggie Kelly - $60.00

THANK YOU to all the people who came and supported the North Renfrew Snowmobile Association. With your support we are able to keep our Club trails in excellent condition.

North Renfrew Snowmobile Association Family Day Social

On Sunday February 15th on the A-trail west of Deep River, (about 18 km - at the shelter) from about 11:30am till after 3:00 pm. There will hot dogs, bonfire, a game or 2, club information & a great opportunity to meet & talk to fellow sledders. For more details contact Karen Crain at 613-586-1951 or Bruce & Rosalee Boucher at 613-586-2355 or boucherrose@hotmail.ca

• 2 weeks later...

Trails are in great shape I was out this weekend! Season is rolling along so get out and ride! Here a couple pictures from our Family Day Social last weekend.

post-21258-0-25105100-1424653714_thumb.jpgpost-21258-0-09265900-1424653787_thumb.jpgpost-21258-0-10851700-1424653842_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to pass on some kind words to your club volunteers KCC, the NRSA trails always seem to be in great shape, even on the weekends.  It seems the Pembroke and Petawawa clubs have given up on Friday-Sunday grooming to the point a Sunday outing is very uncomfortable and next to impossible.  We usually make our way in your direction on Sundays and always enjoy a great ride.  Awesome work NRSA! 

Thanks for your positive comments!  It's great to hear that our volunteers hard work is appreciated!  I passed on your comment to our groomer coordinator and his team!

Trails are still in great shape but warmer weather is coming!  TOPS A-West was groomed last night!  Get out and ride!

post-21258-0-84889300-1425580160_thumb.jpg

Hi KCC, we are heading to Mattawa Saturday morning and returning Sunday, we were hoping to trailer to the park and ride in Chalk River.  Are the trails still OK from the park and ride to the Missing Link boundary?

I am interested in this as well.

NRSA Trails are will be limited as of today. I'm planning on going out for  a ride later today and will give you an update.  I know that they were okay on Tuesday.

Stay away!  That's my spring riding area!   :hyper:

Stay away! That's my spring riding area! :hyper:

LOL!!!

I did not make it out today but all NRSA trails are now limited!  It's spring time riding, so be carefull.

Thanks KCC, will do!

Do you know if we'd be permitted to park our trucks and trailers up at the Rolphton ESSO?

There is a club park & ride beside the Rolphton Esso!  It had been plowed last weekend, should be good to go!  There is a sign that ask vehicles not to block the station.

Great news, thanks again KCC!

No Esso is  not open, no pumps!  But I noticed the sign about don't block exit a couple of weeks ago.

Archived