New OFSC website

Reved

The OFSC has a new website with a club selector to show the club name and boundaries. Great idea for people to buy we're you ride.

That map does look pretty easy to use.

Not sure about the opening statement, though: "Enter your city, address or postal code to search for the snowmobile clubs that are closest to you."

That is not quite the same as advising people to buy where they ride....If you answer the question as posed, and you live in the GTA, you will be presented with clubs that may be where you ride, or they may not be where you ride.

Not sure of the intended effect of the question. I am not saying any particular intention would be right or wrong.

And is it just me, or is there a big blank spot in the area of the Sequin Trail?

And if you live in the GTA and want to purchase a permit from a Muskoka club, you might type in Muskoka. The result is that you get some clubs, but not Baxter, Smart, or Snowcrest.

Maybe a quick solution is to have the all Ontario may come up and have the clubs appear as you zoom in.

That sounds good, although it's hard to say if that would actually be an easy change to make.

..... is there a big blank spot in the area of the Sequin Trail?

If it's an "Area 51", unusual phenomena issue ------- might explain a lot. :-P

Well, it IS in Wildbill Territory.

Oh my. Now that's mean, Blake. I never made that connection. :rolleyes:

Not mean. It is just an other-worldly experience to travel in those environs. In a really good way though. LOL

Any how, the South Seguin Club territory seems to be missing from the map. I trust it will all be resolved long before the online permits go on sale.

Just had a glance at the new OFSC site, I think they did a good job with it. I got a chuckle from the Permit order count down clock. Good example how passionate most sledders are in Ontario about they're sport.

I hope ALL club districts have a good season like 2014 !!

I see Hornepayne - Longlac is linked.  Does anyone know if the trail through Hillsport is reopening?

That map does look pretty easy to use.

Not sure about the opening statement, though: "Enter your city, address or postal code to search for the snowmobile clubs that are closest to you."

That is not quite the same as advising people to buy where they ride....If you answer the question as posed, and you live in the GTA, you will be presented with clubs that may be where you ride, or they may not be where you ride.

Not sure of the intended effect of the question. I am not saying any particular intention would be right or wrong.

And is it just me, or is there a big blank spot in the area of the Sequin Trail?

And if you live in the GTA and want to purchase a permit from a Muskoka club, you might type in Muskoka. The result is that you get some clubs, but not Baxter, Smart, or Snowcrest.

The CLUB LOCATOR screen has been updated and now says, "To find a club, enter the city, address or postal code closest to where you want to ride" which is an awesome improvement ! !

The CLUB LOCATOR screen has been updated and now says, "To find a club, enter the city, address or postal code closest to where you want to ride" which is an awesome improvement ! !

Who says they don't listen to OC'ers??  :icon_dance-cpatch:

An improvement, for sure.

Way to go.

Archived