Wayfinding

Canuck

Today, reading a report, I noticed the term "Wayfinding".

At it’s July 7th meeting the King Township Committee directed staff to develop an “Agri-Business Wayfinding Signage Program”.

It’s basically a signage program by King Township for tourists to find the many agricultural businesses in the area.  Couldn’t help but wonder (hope?) that Ontario snowmobiling moves in this direction as well. A concerted effort to improve signage.

I didn’t realize that Wayfinding was a term (having snowmobiled behind “Wayfinder” Sledjunk for years :-P). Kinda like the idea for King Township and hope that it’s a plan adopted by Ontario snowmobiling in the future.

(the "plan" is an acknowledgement that something is lacking, a group can benefit and a co-ordinated effort can produce results).

I don't get lost!

I just find the loooonnnng way!  :lmao:

"This sign has been installed for the benefit of .... "

:-P

Heck, I recall White Dragon chirping about his buddy Bill, etc. We all get lost. No substitute for good signage.

I don't get lost!

I just find the loooonnnng way!  :lmao:

I recall one of your posts in which you described a particular ride...  "that day, I was a member of the Fugarwee Tribe". I am sure this was only temporary. .......The Fugarwee put out great equipment...

Today, reading a report, I noticed the term "Wayfinding".

At it’s July 7th meeting the King Township Committee directed staff to develop an “Agri-Business Wayfinding Signage Program”.

It’s basically a signage program by King Township for tourists to find the many agricultural businesses in the area.  Couldn’t help but wonder (hope?) that Ontario snowmobiling moves in this direction as well. A concerted effort to improve signage.

I didn’t realize that Wayfinding was a term (having snowmobiled behind “Wayfinder” Sledjunk for years :-P). Kinda like the idea for King Township and hope that it’s a plan adopted by Ontario snowmobiling in the future.

(the "plan" is an acknowledgement that something is lacking, a group can benefit and a co-ordinated effort can produce results).

Is this something like the tourism - lodges, campsites, motels etc. blue and white signs you see along the highways? Or something different.

Heck, I recall White Dragon chirping about his buddy Bill, etc. We all get lost. No substitute for good signage.

sledjunks magnetic field re aims signs

Is this something like the tourism - lodges, campsites, motels etc. blue and white signs you see along the highways? Or something different.

Yes, the article that I read had the traditional "white on blue" image.

Interestingly, in digging deeper, I found an article from a King Twp. beekeeper that's unimpressed with the new initiative. He's practical and considers "policies" (and politicians?) stupid. He has a neat solution to a dust-up with the township over signs.

They told him that his former sign 'breached' the by-law. So he installed art.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/4624894-king-twp-s-offer-to-sweeten-advertising-sign-rules-leaves-sour-taste-in-beekeeper-s-mouth/

I never get lost... my wife always tells me where to go.

When we are out riding however and I make a wrong turn then have to back track she never lets me forget it. If she is in front of me and makes a wrong turn that's okay though. I think she needs that class. The time I was wrong and my husband was right. - Real life testimonials.

I never get lost... my wife always tells me where to go.

When we are out riding however and I make a wrong turn then have to back track she never lets me forget it. If she is in front of me and makes a wrong turn that's okay though. I think she needs that class. The time I was wrong and my husband was right. - Real life testimonials.

have fun with that or in short form r i p 

bill likes to follow freshly groomed trails whichever way they may go.

bill likes to follow freshly groomed trails whichever way they may go.

and the quicker the better

Archived