Port Sydney Gas

Muskoka Man

Smiths Gulf gas station in Pt sydney will re-open this weekend , 1 year after the fire , there will  be  parking and gas for this winter season 

They must have put the pumps in this week ... it looked like just the store portion was ready last Sunday.

Thats great news. Good starting point for many rides.

Good idea. Guess you have to work it out with the owner before departing. 

There's no 'trail' from this gas station to Mary Lake, is there? I recall that you have to take the road past the Inn, down to the water.  The TOP trail north/south is very accessible on the other side of Hwy 11 - but down to the lake directly was always an issue.

There is a trail that runs right from the Gas station onto the lake, the road running is only when the lake is not staked..

Take the D trail north to the D103B across Mary lake, great trail, Also if you are in area next winter the Old Midway café reopened with a new Owner its called Cindy's now and she is really nice and the food is pretty decent, we were there a couple of weeks ago.

Hope all is well buddy!!

Green circle is the re-opening gas station. In the past you could park in the large plowed lot and drop your sled. Hopefully this will still be the case. It was this past winter, even though the gas station was closed. Now that the gas station is back in service, we can resume the convenient routine: gas up and go and gas up at the end of the ride and grab a coffee for the highway home. Pefect. Hill and Gully club trail 56 runs from the gas station north and intersects with D.

Blue circle across the road is location of Arnie's Cat House, Henrietta's Pine Bakery (open weekends last winter) and the Foodland Store with LCBO outlet.

Red circle at D trail is the Mid-Way Cafe. I think I saw it listed for sale online recently.

post-22473-0-13346300-1403812262_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the route info Nunz.

Blake and his crayons lol  :-P Would love to know what software you're using. I suspect it's Android (phone based?) but in any event, it's very helpful.

Would love to know what software you're using. I suspect it's Android (phone based?) but in any event, it's very helpful.

Nothing fancy. I just use the Interactive Trail Guide map from online, do a screen capture and paste the image into Paint. In Paint I draw the little coloured circles, then save the file and open it with Microsoft Office Picture Manager to crop the edges and compress the image. Save the file, then upload to this forum. Takes about five minutes but I figure it is worth it because a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks Blake. To paraphrase Nike "I can do that". DVD still blinks 12:00, but this is doo-able.

Smiths Gulf gas station in Pt sydney will re-open this weekend , 1 year after the fire , there will  be  parking and gas for this winter season 

And the sign's are up... it's actually called Smith's once again. After all this time a lot of people still referred to it as Smith's Gulf so guess the owners decided to rename it as such.  Recently saw someone here on the forum refer to it as Smith's Gulf, must be an old timer like me.

We stopped in today and gassed up the car. Great to see them open again.. 6 more months boys..

Hopefully less....

That is awesome news. I'm with you Blake. Awesome place to fill up on our way up and back. I can't wait till the snow flies. Thanks guys.

And the sign's are up... it's actually called Smith's once again. After all this time a lot of people still referred to it as Smith's Gulf so guess the owners decided to rename it as such.  Recently saw someone here on the forum refer to it as Smith's Gulf, must be an old timer like me.

only 51 years young , i live a couple Ks away , really missed them this winter when i was carrying my red gas cans around , what a pain 

only 51 years young , i live a couple Ks away , really missed them this winter when i was carrying my red gas cans around , what a pain 

Absolutely. Now I can ride over!

Archived