Die Hards

KW Mike

I find it funny that the season is done, just some maintenance and clean up to do before we put our sleds to rest.

Don't get me wrong, everytime I sit down at the computer the first place I go is here.

Yet every time I check in there are 30-40-50 guys checking out the site.

I have to admit that I am one of them as well.

We just can't and don't want to let the season go.

I check the site at least daily year round.  Usually the weirdness starts about now :lol:

Ditto for me as well, I keep the screen open while I am at work and have it on my Iphone that I check when I'm not at the dealership.

Seeing the snow yesterday was only a reminder of how much I can't wait till next winter...

I find it funny that the season is done, just some maintenance and clean up to do before we put our sleds to rest.

Don't get me wrong, everytime I sit down at the computer the first place I go is here.

Yet every time I check in there are 30-40-50 guys checking out the site.

I have to admit that I am one of them as well.

We just can't and don't want to let the season go.

I am ready to let it go but only because we are close enough to boating season. Like Nunz... it's a window I have open at work and will pop in from time to time as I am waiting for everyone to join a conference call or perhaps while having lunch at my desk.

Rumour has it that we have a genetic disposition to snow.

i start to wear shorts and flip flops as soon as the OFSC website shows all red.

They are worn till the site is yellow or at least the first good snowfall.i

Good question.  The sledding friends do make great sledding even better, though.

well seeing a few of the sledders also ride motor cycles. ill be posting up some rides as that season will soon be in full range.

plus sledding with the guys that are on here makes it that much more enjoyable having something in common.

well seeing a few of the sledders also ride motor cycles. ill be posting up some rides as that season will soon be in full range.

Sounds good to me!

are we here for the sledding or the sledding friends ?

Both, I suppose.  Even though I only have 1 real friend on this site, I feel like you are all friends.  It's a daily routine to pop in on the site and see what's new.  Love the tons of photos from the rides too !

Speaking of die-hards, I managed one last ride yesterday.  We went to the lake to skid out our BBQ, the kids' 4-wheeler, 100 lb propane tank and wood burning cook-stove, to have at our new place.  Too much stuff in the truck, and trailer not strong enough for the stove and sled (the Cheyenne), so I just rode it home.  The only bare spots were in town, doing the 2 sections of asphalt to get home, about 250 yards total.  What a nice ride, no-one out, trails still excellent (but closed), +5°C with just my lined work pants and a coat & mitts.  

We're going back on Monday, sold a couple of benches to a friend, we'll skid them across the lake to his cottage, easier than waiting until spring thaw and hauling them with the bike on a trailer.  Also gonna bring back a table & chairs, and a load of firewood to feed the stove with.

Here's the stove in question, wood firebox on the left, and 4 propane burners and oven on the right.... explaining the need for the 100 lb propane tank.

954630_509665799102826_1533998124_n.jpg

I would say both.... it's always great when just my wife and I get out together but we both admit we usually enjoy it even more when we go with a group. The only drawback to being with a large group though is finding somewhere to ride into for lunch that can seat 20 or so people that all arrive at the same time and the length of time for your group to be served when that large. The only real drawback to lunch being such a challenge is it takes away from riding time. Met an awful lot of great people through the sport though,

met great people thru forum & always get good info...lookin forward to riding with a few this summer

Archived