orillia trails

white dragon

seen orillia has groomed their trails again on sunday nite,bill said B trail between barrie & orillia is shut down.figure too much road running,barrie trails near my place still look fine too...

I see the red area and it makes no sense. Sunday I took B west from Orillia and there was a wee bit of roading before Wal-mart but nothing too bad until I was almost to the 400. It was only then that I decided to turn around and return to Orillia.

We had to close a section of the B trail where the new solar farm is. They are digging in a ditch in the middle of our trail. There is no way around other then bare roads. We decided since its the end of the season to shut it down.

Good call ODSC. I know exactly where you are talking about. Love that trail by the way. I just hope we get to sled through there in the years to come. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication ORO GUY. Your club has done an awesome job with the trails this year. THANKS!!!!!

The B trail west out of Orillia is one of my favourites also. Thank you for all the hard work keeping things so nice.

Good call ODSC. I know exactly where you are talking about. Love that trail by the way. I just hope we get to sled through there in the years to come. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication ORO GUY. Your club has done an awesome job with the trails this year. THANKS!!!!!

x2

Thanks ODSC.  I really can't thank you enough.  Oro Guy..... Please let the club know that we really appreciate all the work that you and all the volunteers do.  

Was out today for a little ride from orillia up thru hawkestone into medonte and back.Trails are still unbelievable;tight thru the cedar swamps which shows just how well the cold has kept the thaw from degrading those areas.The Orillia groomers have done a bang up job on trying to keep the sides groomed enough along road sides and other than the bridge at hawkestone and crossing roads it is just as good as any time of this season.Hats off to you and your 'teammates' Oro Guy for an awesome job!

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the great comments! We certainly appreciate them :) 

We decided today to pull the plug on our trails and closed them down for the season. We still have a ton of snow but there's really no one riding here so we felt it was time. Lake Couchiching has hardly any snow on it and trails are either rock hard or super soft.  Big thanks to our dedicated volunteers, landowners and groomer operators for a great season! A good part of D8 remains limited for those looking to get some spring riding in

Your trails were great this year! We rode up regularly from the Midland area. Thanks for providing miles and miles of smiles.

Thanks all for the great comments! We certainly appreciate them :)

We decided today to pull the plug on our trails and closed them down for the season. We still have a ton of snow but there's really no one riding here so we felt it was time. Lake Couchiching has hardly any snow on it and trails are either rock hard or super soft. Big thanks to our dedicated volunteers, landowners and groomer operators for a great season! A good part of D8 remains limited for those looking to get some spring riding in

Thanks a ton for a great year of sledding . And for the update.

Archived