Owen Sound trails

homsea

We are thinking of heading to Owen Sound this week and were wondering how the trails are and also the sides of roads going from trail to trail

Thank you

I was out around Owen Sound today trails over all good a little hard and icy but well worth riding . I did not do much road running today but the roads I did run were short and not too bad . But its warming up some Tuesday and even more so on Wednesday that's going to hurt it some . I'm running again tomorrow and maybe a small ride Tuesday but Wednesday she's staying parked . It's not as good as it was a week or so ago but for the middle of March who's complaining , not me :) 5000km mostly in D9 and counting :)  

Just in from a 241km ride left Owen Sound headed though Harrison Park to the rail line . Took the rail line to the B trail and headed towards Meaford cutting back down at junction 166 to 170 to 224 and over across highway 6 to the 202 junction. Turned left and ran that to the Chesley club house then right and back into Owen Sound . Trails over all fantastic hard to believe its mid March  . B heading to Meaford all groomed , in Owen Sound I passed the groomer twice the only area a little rough but still not bad was around Walters Falls . Thanks to the clubs for still being out there and giving us a fantastic day of riding .  

Good news. We are in Hanover now. Ready to go for a little ride to Port Elgin tomorrow and than who knows where else. I really like the sounds of Meaford. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now I might rethink the plan. LOL

Good news. We are in Hanover now. Ready to go for a little ride to Port Elgin tomorrow and than who knows where else. I really like the sounds of Meaford. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now I might rethink the plan. LOL

It was great over there today , get out and ride as Wednesday don't look good . Mid week riding is the best seen like 10 sleds all day . 

We had a great ride yesterday (Tuesday). We just did a little run of 110 miles, but the trails were fabulous. Every trail we ran was groomed either Sunday or Monday for sure. Quite a few people taking advantage of the beauty trails and nice day. I just hope that the rain decides to bypass D9!!! I would like to take the rain with me to Niagara and keep it away from D9. Great job on the trails. We ran the trails in Walkerton, Hanover, Neustadt, Port Elgin, Chesley, Ayton and Paisley. Majority of trails were 10/10 and a couple that OFSC shows as yellow were a 9/10. Unbelievable. We went to Crabby Joes in Port Elgin. Only advice I have is to ride the trail behind Walmart and park on the snow banks between Walmart and CT and walk to Crabby Joes. Great food there and a lot!!! Thanks to D9 for an awesome ride!! Will post a video once I edit in the next couple of days.

That's a crappy ride into Port. The town doesn't want to play ball with the club. Club is re-approaching the matter this year. Glad you're having fun!

Actually it was ok the way we went.  Might not be the right way, so I won't say exactly how we arrived at the mall.  LOL  That would be great if they would look after the sledders.  There is a lot of nice places to eat and stay if they would open that up somehow.

Port Elgin is not very sled friendly and as one of the snowiest places in D9 I never got that. The businesses there certainly are though. Every time I'm up that way a stop at the Queens Hotel is a must. They are very snowmobile friendly there and have great food. When will towns like this realize how much $$$ snowmobiling can bring in? This season has been one of the best ever and I'm sure the revenue brought into communities like Port Elgin has be substantial.   

Thanks for all the info-we had a great time and ride - trails were beautiful-cant wait for our next trip up

Not much snow left in Kitchener might have to put on trailer one more time

Cheers

After Wednesday warm spell, anyone know how the trails around Allenford, Port Elgin, Tara, Chatsworth are ? Hoping to get one last ride in on Saturday or Sunday.

After Wednesday warm spell, anyone know how the trails around Allenford, Port Elgin, Tara, Chatsworth are ? Hoping to get one last ride in on Saturday or Sunday.

Still very doable.

The snow we got drifted, tonight we get more. I doubt the groomers will get over all trails.

Cautious and you'll be fine.

Still very doable.

The snow we got drifted, tonight we get more. I doubt the groomers will get over all trails.

Cautious and you'll be fine.

Thanks Vooodoo !!!!

Archived