How late will Snowcrest Groom 2014?

WeBeSleddin

With these mid season march conditions and a very favorable long term forecast, just wondering how long snowcrest will continue to groom this season?

I have heard that many club don't have the funds to keep groomers running into April (gas, maintenance etc).

Could we have groomers running in April if the conditions persist?

That would be awesome!!!

Trails are the best I've ever seen them, have been riding northeast and northwest of Toronto this year, almost in the back yard...

Will move north as the conditions dictate.

Would love responses from those "in the know"

WBS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Doogirl69

Which Snowcrest trails had that much snow? I am going out tomorrow and would like to know what to expect.

Thank you.

I'm also interested to know when we should expect the grooming funds to dry up across Muskoka...

Hi Doogirl69

Which Snowcrest trails had that much snow? I am going out tomorrow and would like to know what to expect.

Thank you.

Snowcrest had a groomer break down last Friday / early Saturday morning. This groomer does B, 3, and some of D trails. Some sections of trails did not get done due to the breakdown. The groomer will be back out tonight or tomorrow night, now that parts have arrived and are being installed. Snowcrest Plans on grooming each night the rest of this week and approx 5 nights next week. We have not made plans to stop grooming. Unfortunately breakdowns happen.       

2bsledding thank you for the update. Obviously it's a constant battle to try and keep everything functioning at 100%.

Thank you for all the work by your groomer guys. Trails have been great all winter.

Be careful on Trail 3 approaching D as it is not groomed and was very rough last Friday.

Be careful on Trail 3 approaching D as it is not groomed and was very rough last Friday.

Now you tell us. :-P

('follow us, we know what we're doing')

Snowcrest had a groomer break down last Friday / early Saturday morning. This groomer does B, 3, and some of D trails. Some sections of trails did not get done due to the breakdown. The groomer will be back out tonight or tomorrow night, now that parts have arrived and are being installed. Snowcrest Plans on grooming each night the rest of this week and approx 5 nights next week. We have not made plans to stop grooming. Unfortunately breakdowns happen.

Thanks for the update!

Does Snowcrest groom it's entire network each day groomers are out, or how many days does it take to cover all trails?

Thanks for the update!

Does Snowcrest groom it's entire network each day groomers are out, or how many days does it take to cover all trails?

It takes 2 full shifts of night grooming, to do our entire system with our Industrial groomers. So yes, we expect our trails to be excellent for the weekend and March Break, if that's what you are wondering. It sounds like a lot of people have some time for sledding this March break, so our groomers will be and they will do thier best to keep up.

It takes 2 full shifts of night grooming, to do our entire system with our Industrial groomers. So yes, we expect our trails to be excellent for the weekend and March Break, if that's what you are wondering. It sounds like a lot of people have some time for sledding this March break, so our groomers will be and they will do thier best to keep up.

Ahh, interesting. I was mostly just interested and curious how long to takes most clubs to cover their full network.

I'm in the Muskokas at the cottage every weekend to ride during the Winter, so it's good to know that we'll have smooth trails in spite of all of the March break warriors. ;)

Thanks!

Ahh, interesting. I was mostly just interested and curious how long to takes most clubs to cover their full network.

I'm in the Muskokas at the cottage every weekend to ride during the Winter, so it's good to know that we'll have smooth trails in spite of all of the March break warriors. ;)

Thanks!

I'm hoping to get out as well, but I will be heading out early each morning, as I expect there will be lots of traffic later in the day. Doesn't matter how well or how often you groom, if there is a ton of traffic trails will show it later in the day. 

From the conditions of their trails today I would say they are done grooming.

8" of snow on some trails.

The trails in Orillia, Bracebridge, Port Sydney and Huntsville were mint.

Thanks for the info. A little confusing for us though. We have had people giving us good reports on Snowcrest sections of D and C101D since the weekend, with the exception of trail 3. C101D was groomed Sunday night from the Gravenhurst Town yard all the way out to Southwood Rd in Torrance. Monday night C101D was groomed from the Town yard out through part of trail 15, and then down D to Kashe Lk and then D north back to the Town yard. The operator didn't go further North on D as the trail was still in good shape. Hope you can check the area out again this weekend and next week.

Thanks for the great info. Good to know that snowcrest will be out grooming so much during the next few weeks. Trails are gonna be mint. Going to try to plan a day early next week - orillia to baysville and back.

2Bsledding, any thoughts or predictions on keeping the groomers going through early April if the conditions persist.

Looks like a good year to set some records for longest season - which certainly wouldn't hurt the sport as a whole. Mostly with the short seasons we have had for a number of years.

Thanks for the great info. Good to know that snowcrest will be out grooming so much during the next few weeks. Trails are gonna be mint. Going to try to plan a day early next week - orillia to baysville and back.

2Bsledding, any thoughts or predictions on keeping the groomers going through early April if the conditions persist.

Looks like a good year to set some records for longest season - which certainly wouldn't hurt the sport as a whole. Mostly with the short seasons we have had for a number of years.

See my post # 12. March break starts this weekend and is only 1 week. I will only forecast that far for now. Weekly evaluations, on trail / weather conditions, how busy the trails are, and revenue available, are being done at our Club Board level. The results of these evaluations, will determine when, where, and how often we groom.    

This well run club will be operating as long as there's snow to groom.

Keep up the good work!

Just found out that snowcrest is in the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame!! That is awesome!

2Bsledding,

Not trying to put you on the spot, and hold you down to anything.  Any updates you can give us as the month progresses would be greatly appreciated.

Snowcrest will keep riders informed. This is a VERY different season both with the great conditions and the challenges with revenue due to FFC. We owe it to our members and ALL snowmobilers, to keep you posted. We appreciate everyone that support us, and all that come to visit our area and ride our trails.  

• 2 weeks later...

Snowcrest will keep riders informed. This is a VERY different season both with the great conditions and the challenges with revenue due to FFC. We owe it to our members and ALL snowmobilers, to keep you posted. We appreciate everyone that support us, and all that come to visit our area and ride our trails.  

Hey 2BSledding, 

Any updates on grooming operations over the next few weeks would be greatly appreciated.  Would like to ride from the East side of Couch up to baysville and back perhaps this weekend.

Weather Network is calling for sub 0 temps up until March 31. :geek2:

I have nothing to do with Snowcrest operations, but I can't imagine the club doing any grooming until we actually get some new snow.

Trails running on roads are toast. Trails that don't involve roads are hanging in there.

Let it snow!

looks like the trail through town is yellow now 

Ya, the road part has been bare for over a week. I've been trucking to the Wharf to get out on the lake.

Archived