Parking in Severn Bridge / Sparrow Lake?

Turbo Burgo

I'm looking to park and ride from the Severn Bridge / Sparrow Lake area this Friday.  I will be riding to my buddies cottage near Parry Sound and would rather ride than trailer all the way there.  Does anyone know of a good place to park in that area that is safe for the weekend?

I'm looking to park and ride from the Severn Bridge / Sparrow Lake area this Friday.  I will be riding to my buddies cottage near Parry Sound and would rather ride than trailer all the way there.  Does anyone know of a good place to park in that area that is safe for the weekend?

Not really anywhere in Severn Bridge unless you know someone. Why not stage right in Gravenhurst? Snowcrest & the Town of Gravenhurst has a large staging area right off hwy 169 (as you are heading out of town towards Bala) across from the Residence Inn Marriott Muskoka Wharf. There's a trail right there from the staging area that takes you to C101D. Overnight / weekend parking is allowed in this town lot. There is no security at this lot, but it's right next to the highway, and there is usually a fair amount of sled traffic going by. Just a suggestion.  

Not really anywhere in Severn Bridge unless you know someone. Why not stage right in Gravenhurst? Snowcrest & the Town of Gravenhurst has a large staging area right off hwy 169 (as you are heading out of town towards Bala) across from the Residence Inn Marriott Muskoka Wharf. There's a trail right there from the staging area that takes you to C101D. Overnight / weekend parking is allowed in this town lot. There is no security at this lot, but it's right next to the highway, and there is usually a fair amount of sled traffic going by. Just a suggestion.  

X2

I agree you should park in Gravenhurst.

Red circle on left of map is the parking lot mentioned above. Right beside Residence Inn By Marriott. Follow the orange line to get there from trail C101D.

Double red circle on right of map is the parking lot at Gull Lake Rotary Park.

Both these lots allow and encourage overnight sled parking.

Have a great trip!

Click to enlarge map.

post-22473-0-71372500-1393901129_thumb.jpg

What about parking in Orillia at the marina on Lake Couchiching?  I heard they have a large marina parking area right in town with tonnes of room for trucks and trailers.  That way I could just jump on the lake!  Anyone know if sledders are allowed to park there?

What about parking in Orillia at the marina on Lake Couchiching?  I heard they have a large marina parking area right in town with tonnes of room for trucks and trailers.  That way I could just jump on the lake!  Anyone know if sledders are allowed to park there?

No overnight parking allowed.

You can park at Division Rd.and Carlyon Line then take 204 north to G'hurst.

Awesome thanks Couch!  And overnight parking is allowed there as well?

• 10 months later...

Bump this back to the top ..

Any guys park in Severn bridge yet and if so, where?

At Severn you are planning to go somewhere on Trail 4, either toward Gravenhurst or toward Orillia. The simplest places to park are at Gull Lake Park if you're looking at going toward Gravenhurst, or Carlyon and Division if you're looking at Orillia. These parking sites are within 15 minutes of Severn Bridge by truck and trailer.

We were looking at launching from there, but well just head into G'hurst instead.

Archived