Snowtrax huntsville

aar0n

Those "O Dots" on the Seguin are hard core dickheads. I have encountered them before, in a radar trap in the middle of a mile long straightaway.They are sucking the life out of the sport. Moving radar?! That's over the top. I can see having a radar trap in a sensitive area close to populated zones, etc., but this is pure revenue gouging by the Sheriff's men in Sherwood Forest. I would fight the ticket, asking for disclosure of the officer's notes, equipment calibration, including the date, was it snowing, was there anyone behind you - you know the drill... If anything, it will keep those parasites off the trail and harassing other sledders for the day. 87 kph on the Seguin is NOT unreasonable! BTW, I am not anti cop as I have encountered OPP out of Minden and couldn't meet nicer people.

I ride around 40km/h under control on almost every trail. Do not like to go crazy fast on the trails or on the lakes. But I was even doing 85km/h on the seguin. You can see for miles, no turns, fresh groomed and wide. They should not be ticketing that!!! I wish they would ticket the asswholes who come around corners at 50km/h on the wrong side of the trail

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When John use to do it I was a faithful viewer.  I thought he was a class act and promoted our sport the best.  End of story.  Remember this is JMO and I am NOT paid by any advertisers.  LOL

X2

Watched the year the Lesters bought the show. Haven't watched the last 2 seasons. Lost interest in it pretty quick. 

Hmmm....guy in a pink bunny suit talking about a man card?  :confused:

LOL

Fwiw, I ran into the snowtrax crew a few years ago up north by Mary lake. They actually had people blocking an access trail we were goiing to take. They were totally cool about it though, apologized and said if we didn't mind, they'd be done in about 15 mins they were just takin some extra footage. They were mik'd up and we could hear most of what was goiing on. About 10 mins later, 7 or 8 guys emerged from the bush with a bunch of sleds and gear. Don't think they do this all the time, but when they shoot footage like was shown up above id like to think they temporarily blocked that trail as well.

Good to hear, Cat800ltd.

Fwiw, I ran into the snowtrax crew a few years ago up north by Mary lake. They actually had people blocking an access trail we were goiing to take. They were totally cool about it though, apologized and said if we didn't mind, they'd be done in about 15 mins they were just takin some extra footage. They were mik'd up and we could hear most of what was goiing on. About 10 mins later, 7 or 8 guys emerged from the bush with a bunch of sleds and gear. Don't think they do this all the time, but when they shoot footage like was shown up above id like to think they temporarily blocked that trail as well.

awesome! Thats great to hear.

I understand and am all for enforcement on the trails for alcohol, insurance, trail passes and all that jazz but jumping out from behind a tree with a radar gun is just taking it too far.

Lets move backwards to the Huntsville TV episode... Every car, truck, motorcycle, atv, boat, sled, etc. TV show and commerical I see on TV (or otherplace), 95% of the time shows them driving at a high rate of speed, towing over capacity (the space shuttle), or doing something on the "edge"!  These guys arent trying to win any safety awards, they are trying to sell machines and generate interest.  

'Professional drivers, closed course, don't try this at home, your mileage may vary, things on screen look faster than they are'......does that cover it? LOL

Yeah they dont do much good. Some other sledder watches this video, seez how they ride and does the same

I understand and am all for enforcement on the trails for alcohol, insurance, trail passes and all that jazz but jumping out from behind a tree with a radar gun is just taking it too far.

Lets move backwards to the Huntsville TV episode... Every car, truck, motorcycle, atv, boat, sled, etc. TV show and commerical I see on TV (or otherplace), 95% of the time shows them driving at a high rate of speed, towing over capacity (the space shuttle), or doing something on the "edge"!  These guys arent trying to win any safety awards, they are trying to sell machines and generate interest.  

Add an SUV + snow....

I wonder if the idgits that see these cars ads on TV think that's the normal way to drive in the winter? Driving thru snowbanks, thru deep snow being chased by killer snowmen (rolling my eyes). Yeah that's typical winter driving.

In the 70s cars were RWD, no ABS, traction control, Stabilitrack & we didn't see multiple vehicle accidents on an almost daily basis on the 400 series highways. If it was snowing people slowed down.

Add an SUV + snow....

I wonder if the idgits that see these cars ads on TV think that's the normal way to drive in the winter? Driving thru snowbanks, thru deep snow being chased by killer snowmen (rolling my eyes). Yeah that's typical winter driving.

In the 70s cars were RWD, no ABS, traction control, Stabilitrack & we didn't see multiple vehicle accidents on an almost daily basis on the 400 series highways. If it was snowing people slowed down.

All good points but there were a lot less cars on the road in the 70's compared to now. There was more rail shipping and less trucks before the "on demand" inventory system we have today as well. We still had room to move on the highways. People were more courteous on the road as well, allowing lane changes, no tailgating, etc. This could turn into a rant...

Add an SUV + snow....

Are you thinking of the Jeep commercial where it shows them busting through a whole lot of deep powder. No wonder we see the occasional car or truck on a trail

Are you thinking of the Jeep commercial where it shows them busting through a whole lot of deep powder. No wonder we see the occasional car or truck on a trail

you should write an email to Jeep letting them know they are endangering sledders and ruining trails

A lot of it is due to the lack of common sense and respect anymore. IMO

All good points but there were a lot less cars on the road in the 70's compared to now. There was more rail shipping and less trucks before the "on demand" inventory system we have today as well. We still had room to move on the highways. People were more courteous on the road as well, allowing lane changes, no tailgating, etc. This could turn into a rant...

True enough about the "just in time" system (thanks Japan), even still when it's snowing and /or slippery, is it smart to drive bumper to bumper like the pace lap @ the Daytona 500?

No it's a Mazda ad w/ the killer snowmen attacking a family of cidiots on a snow-filled Bay St. in downtown Toronto.

A lot of it is due to the lack of common sense and respect anymore. IMO

That I think pretty much sums it up.

I also wonder what the average years of experience of the AZ drivers driving for these "logistics" companies out of a certain city that starts w/ a 'B' and ends w/ an 'n' is?

True enough about the "just in time" system (thanks Japan), even still when it's snowing and /or slippery, is it smart to drive bumper to bumper like the pace lap @ the Daytona 500?

No it's a Mazda ad w/ the killer snowmen attacking a family of cidiots on a snow-filled Bay St. in downtown Toronto.

That I think pretty much sums it up.

I also wonder what the average years of experience of the AZ drivers driving for these "logistics" companies out of a certain city that starts w/ a 'B' and ends w/ an 'n' is?

Funny, yet sad and true.

most of there rideing style is unsafe, but there still on tv,, so some one is watching them

Lets move backwards to the Huntsville TV episode... Every car, truck, motorcycle, atv, boat, sled, etc. TV show and commerical I see on TV (or otherplace), 95% of the time shows them driving at a high rate of speed, towing over capacity (the space shuttle), or doing something on the "edge"!  These guys arent trying to win any safety awards, they are trying to sell machines and generate interest

OMG!! If someone can't differentiate between the way they ride on TV and the way you should ride on a trail, should give there head a shake! I agree with squid on this one. If you're trying to sell sleds, which do go fast by the way, you're not going to show them putting down the trail all following some guy in a safety vest! That certainly isn't going to attract new people to the sport. How are going going to sell Ontario trails if you say" Come to Ontario! Here are the rules."....by the time you get to page 15 your going to say F'this! I'm going somewhere else!

I happen to like the show and the way it's produced...so much slicker than Snowmobiler TV! Then again Top Gear is my all time favourite show and you don't see them showing cars going slow very often, and it wouldn't be the highest rated show in the UK if they did. I'm not saying we should all go out and ride or drive that way, but I think most of us would, given the opportunity of a known clear trail. To be calling them twits and yahoo's is bit harsh. I've had the opportunity to ride dirt bike with Tom( the guy from PA featured in the video) and I can assure you that his riding skills are far beyond most people's, and he's no yahoo! If anyone on this forum hasn't felt the urge to light it up, or take the apex when you have a clear view, you're lying! 

I say enjoy the show....leave it in the recroom, and go out a ride and stay safe!

I didn't think the video was all that bad. They are trying to promote the products and the sport.

As for the OPP on the seguin............been there and got a few tickets over the years.

The trip part of this video is awesome! Respectable riding, great quality production. This DEFINTELY promotes sledding. It was also awesome because the trails they rode are right in my backward. The cookhouse for lunch, kenisis and kawagama lake, d101b to dwight, the beacon for gas in dwight, LOB to deerhurst, d102/d103b down to the Hound Lounge in Baysville, and then the superhighway from Baysville to Dorset. AWESOME VID!

Great video, I know they get bashed quite a bit but I still enjoy watching the show every week...

Great video, I know they get bashed quite a bit but I still enjoy watching the show every week...

Honestly, I think we are all jealous! It doesn't get much sweeter than that! Riding the newest sleds, anywhere in north america, and getting paid to do it, WOW 

• 4 weeks later...

OMG really? Its not bad. Honestly, if I had to ride like the first bit I would give up sledding. Man cards might need to be repossessed.

And furthermore, cant you guys tell they sped the camera's up a bit?

Well they were still going around most of the corners on the left side. The most idiotic type of riding there is. Stay right or stay off the trails.

most of there rideing style is unsafe, but there still on tv,, so some one is watching them

Not needed, there show is considered payed advertising. they buy there time slot on tv and sell ads like the shills they are.

Well they were still going around most of the corners on the left side. The most idiotic type of riding there is. Stay right or stay off the trails.

Saw a lot of that even 2 days after the fresh snow last week. Corners were basically 1 lane of travel on the inside, w/ 2 or 3 feet of untouched snow on the outside of the turns. No wonder there are accidents on the trails.

Not needed, there show is considered payed advertising. they buy there time slot on tv and sell ads like the shills they are.

Yeah have they really said they didn't like a sled?

Although I cannot speak on behalf of the "New" Snowtrax Crew I can 100% tell you that when Jeff John & Dan did these type of segments it was absolutely performed on CLOSED or PRIVATE trails, I was with them on multiple occasions during this filming.

And do not kid yourself the "trick" riding was also done by John, primarily by John however most of it was not suitable for TV, lmao

I have no reason to assume that this precaution is not being practiced now Aaron so your concerns are null and void!

Bunny I totally agree with you, man card checks are indeed in order, and if Big John was still here he'd be laughing his ass off at this thread

Archived